• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Archie Gray

I think playing several positions can be useful for a younger player, as long as they have the necessary versatility. Gray certainly has that.

Playing well wherever he's played. Fitting into the style of play. EL may not really be a massive step up from the Championship all the time at least, but he's getting games, playing well, getting integrated and showing quality.

Is he's needed in midfield at some point this season these experiences will have helped him imo. As things are with Bergvall, Sarr and Bissouma "rotating" with Maddison, Kulusevski and Bentancur we wouldn't have room to start all of them in midfield in the EL anyway.
That great, but we have a young talent in Philips who is also CB, who also needs game time, not out on loan to some lower league, but actual experience in the Prem and could have had some time playing with the squad like Gray, Moore, and Bergvall etc.

We need an extra player as CB, we have one, not getting a chance, every time I have seen him play, he hasn't done much wrong, if any for us.

I am all for giving players a chance, but not at the expense of other youngsters who are more suited to some roles than Gray..

Once fit (was on the bench last game) a full season out on loan playing games will be better for Phillips than playing a handful of games.

We also have Dorrington who can cover at CB when needed and continue to get his fitness back.

Back