• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Archie Gray

ange had no problems with sarr and udogie playing but they both had local league experience.

i can see ange having the appetite to start bergvall but i think gray will have to wait a bit. A longer and smoother transition and integration into the EPL would do him no harm.

i hope the club has a proper set up to help him on the non-footballing side....he's so young (and expensive! we could have gotten a proper CF for a bit more )

Gray has come from a tougher league than bergval.

We may well be surprised by how much time Gray could get. Some pundits feel that he is a generational talent and, if that's the case, I could see him being part of the starting XI earlier than we might expect. Another thing that makes me think this is the fact that we don't seem to be after a #6. With PEH leaving the only 6s we have are Bissouma and Skipp. If Skipp isn't considered starting material, then Shirley Gray would be next in the pecking order, if not competing for the starting spot.

Or I'm just seeing things that aren't there. :tonguewink:

Like most kids anywhere but goal or left back
Not quite the same scenario obviously but I remember being at an early start of season game at old WHL where they brought out the young kids who had been taken into the academy that year. And by young I mean 6 yr olds, the ones who are highly unlikely to survive more than a couple of years. Paul Coyte asked each of them what position they played and for all bar one the answer was ‘striker’. The outlier said centre back and I always wish I had noticed his name to know if he made it through to a slightly more senior level.

We may well be surprised by how much time Gray could get. Some pundits feel that he is a generational talent and, if that's the case, I could see him being part of the starting XI earlier than we might expect. Another thing that makes me think this is the fact that we don't seem to be after a #6. With PEH leaving the only 6s we have are Bissouma and Skipp. If Skipp isn't considered starting material, then Shirley Gray would be next in the pecking order, if not competing for the starting spot.

Or I'm just seeing things that aren't there. :tonguewink:

Nope.
I think he will play quite a lot!

I think he will challenge Bissouma for the DM role. Biss has loads of great attributes but can sometimes do too much or get knocked off the ball or fail to track runners. So I really want Biss to come good, but I can see Gray challenging him for that role.

I think he will challenge Bissouma for the DM role. Biss has loads of great attributes but can sometimes do too much or get knocked off the ball or fail to track runners. So I really want Biss to come good, but I can see Gray challenging him for that role.

Bissouma for teams sitting back, Gray for ones pushing us?

I think he will too. Though I also think he may be used as a right back and do well there too.

If he can challenge Bissouma that would be fantastic. He's a very young player still and Bissouma is a proven and experienced player at this level.

"When he walked away from his interview with football.london, he could be heard thanking the press officer for the opportunity to do the event with the children. That's not the way round it normally goes with player appearances."

Back