• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

We were awful. I can take losing but I can't take this negative rubbish. Anyone with half a football brain could see that City were there for the taking today. Truth is Swansea passed the ball much better when they went up there and though that game was almost as dour they can count themselves unlucky not to have got at least a point.

We played like a Blackpool or Stoke today. One set piece that catches City napping pays off and we cling to it like the edge of a cliff. City were shocking, disjointed, dysfunctional and looking almost as drained and lethargic as we were.

But they were still too good for us even though they weren't good enough for Ajax or West Ham the last few games. We played with no fluidity, and the rare occasions we got into dangerous situations we plodded feebly and protectively, running down the clock by the corner flags and the clock had yet to tick the 50 minute mark. Are we Tottenham or George Graham era Arsenal? i'd rather we lost 5-1 than played that dross.

AVB either has to shape up or his career will be down the swanny come January. I can't see how he'll manage to keep his job serving up this turgid rubbish week in, week out. We can blame injuries but only to an extent. The lack of intent about our play was embarrassing. And I'd say that if I was a Blackpool or Stoke fan, let alone Spurs.

All I expect from Spurs is a team that plays the game in the tradition of the club. The way we played today reminded me of the Kaiserslauten game under Graham when we had Ginola on the bench and tried to bore it out. It never works at Spurs, it never has done and someone should explain this to AVB pronto.

As for bringing on Defoe I would have brought him on sooner. City had already missed 2-3 good chances by then as well as one clear onside that was given off.
We were going to lose this game and that was clear from the first half unless something changed.

What AVB should have done is bring on Defoe and keep Adeybor up front, therefore giving us an outlet and an attacking option. Instead he brings on Dawson, leaves on one of our most potent attack threats on the break and all but neutralises any other possible result other than a draw which if you had of been paying attention by now was never going to be on the cards the way we were playing.

Belive it or not City scored and you didn't ned to be Archimedes to look at the clock, look at the players we had on the pitch and safely assume that we would never score if we were playing until midnight. Instead we had a defensive formation for a team that can't defend.

utterly pointless. Anyone believes that performance was anything but dreadful is clueless about football. End of.

AVB is a bit defensive?

Really? The tactical problem today was how pushed forward our full backs were after City changed formation. City were exploiting the gaps between our full backs and centre halfs as Walker and Vertonghen pushed forward.
If AVB was a defensive manager 1-0 up away from home his full backs wouldnt be pushing up.

We were awful. I can take losing but I can't take this negative rubbish. Anyone with half a football brain could see that City were there for the taking today. Truth is Swansea passed the ball much better when they went up there and though that game was almost as dour they can count themselves unlucky not to have got at least a point.

We played like a Blackpool or Stoke today. One set piece that catches City napping pays off and we cling to it like the edge of a cliff. City were shocking, disjointed, dysfunctional and looking almost as drained and lethargic as we were.

But they were still too good for us even though they weren't good enough for Ajax or West Ham the last few games. We played with no fluidity, and the rare occasions we got into dangerous situations we plodded feebly and protectively, running down the clock by the corner flags and the clock had yet to tick the 50 minute mark. Are we Tottenham or George Graham era Arsenal? i'd rather we lost 5-1 than played that dross.

AVB either has to shape up or his career will be down the swanny come January. I can't see how he'll manage to keep his job serving up this turgid rubbish week in, week out. We can blame injuries but only to an extent. The lack of intent about our play was embarrassing. And I'd say that if I was a Blackpool or Stoke fan, let alone Spurs.

All I expect from Spurs is a team that plays the game in the tradition of the club. The way we played today reminded me of the Kaiserslauten game under Graham when we had Ginola on the bench and tried to bore it out. It never works at Spurs, it never has done and someone should explain this to AVB pronto.

As for bringing on Defoe I would have brought him on sooner. City had already missed 2-3 good chances by then as well as one clear onside that was given off.
We were going to lose this game and that was clear from the first half unless something changed.

What AVB should have done is bring on Defoe and keep Adeybor up front, therefore giving us an outlet and an attacking option. Instead he brings on Dawson, leaves on one of our most potent attack threats on the break and all but neutralises any other possible result other than a draw which if you had of been paying attention by now was never going to be on the cards the way we were playing.

Belive it or not City scored and you didn't ned to be Archimedes to look at the clock, look at the players we had on the pitch and safely assume that we would never score if we were playing until midnight. Instead we had a defensive formation for a team that can't defend.

utterly pointless. Anyone believes that performance was anything but dreadful is clueless about football. End of.

Walker was injured.
442 away from home against Emirates Marketing Project isn't the solution.
We were already being overrun as it was.
We simply didn't have the personnel against a full strength City side to pull out a result today.

well that's 3 years in a row we've lost by a goal up there, bearing in mind their continual improvement in that time I suppose we must be doing something right

somewhere

Walker was injured.
We simply didn't have the personnel against a full strength City side to pull out a result today.

he could have put Naughton at rb, left Lennon on and put Defoe on for Dempsey, plus even Carroll for Thudd. Thats if he really wanted to go for the 3 points. But i feel he settled for the one point

AVB is a bit defensive?

Wasn't one of the criticisms against him at Chelsea that he was a bit naive and too attack minded in his approach?

Walker was injured.

I agree fully.

I wonder how many of our starting (/available) players today people think would have started for City today. For me it's Vertonghen, Sandro and Bale and that's it.

They just have better players than us in most positions, away from home with them having 2 more days to rest after the midweek games and more top players in their squad to rotate I just don't get the reaction from some of our fans to us being second best in this game.

Wasn't one of the criticisms against him at Chelsea that he was a bit naive and too attack minded in his approach?

I agree fully.

I wonder how many of our starting (/available) players today people think would have started for City today. For me it's Vertonghen, Sandro and Bale and that's it.

They just have better players than us in most positions, away from home with them having 2 more days to rest after the midweek games and more top players in their squad to rotate I just don't get the reaction from some of our fans to us being second best in this game.

Its because we were 1-0 up. Its the hope that kills you.
I don't understand this City were there to be taken nonsense.
They closed us down and we couldnt even pass the ball in any effective way.

I think toure would destroy him

like Sandro 'destroyed' Silva? How about a fit fresh Carroll being so small and elusive that big bad tiring Toure wouldnt have been able to get close to him?

anyway it seemed the intention with the subs was to hold onto the 1-1 but we ended up losing. Would it have been any worse had we been a bit braver with the subs in order to win the game

Walker was injured.

Actually I think it would have been a far better option than the rubbish we played today. I would play Defoe up front alongside Ade ahead of having to play Dempsey against City. Dempsey gave us nothing offensively and nothing defensively.

If I managed to look this up right the last time they lost at home in the league was on the 20th of December 2010 against Everton...

What I understand is that apart from set pieces we never remotely looked like scoring. At least with Defoe up top we would have caused problems. What is the point of Ade winning stuff upfront when there is nobody around him to cause problems.

Back