• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 player premier league squad

The obvious ones for me now are:

Sold - BAE, Chiriches, Obika
Loan - Fredericks, Fryers, Mason, Ceballos

I don't expect any more incomings, so think Townsend/Lennon, Kaboul and Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro will get a reprieve

Khumalo won't pass a medical before the window shuts, so will have to remain

Khumalo could still go on a loan (much less risk for the signing club), potentially with a future fee agreed.

He could also sign for a club whose transfer window closes later than the PL window.

He could also still pass a medical or be considered worth the risk by a signing club.

Chiriches played very well today.

The few times the ball got near our defence he was in there, barging the AEL players off the ball, nipping in front of them and stealing it and then to cap it all off he charges down the pitch and gets and assist.

Chiriches, Kaboul, vertonghen and fazio seems like a good mix of physicality and technical skill.

Edit- Ah crap I forgot dier.

Dier can cover right back, Fazio can play as a defensive midfielder, Verts can play as a left back (although he doesn't want to), Kaboul and Chiriches could do a job as a full back too I think. A lot of versatility for a group of centre backs and a lot of ability on the ball. Glad to see that.

I agree that it's a good mix of players. 4 centre backs seems pretty standard, one of them (Kaboul) has been very injury prone and one (Dier) is very young so 5 seems like a solid number to me.

Stambouli has played CB too apparently.

He's turned down Marseille because they wanted to use him as a CB, just like Vertonghen turned down Wenger when he wanted him as a DM. There should be a joke in there somewhere. :-k

Updated squad from WindyCOYS: http://windycoys.com/2014/08/25-man-squad-update-2/

I didn't quite feel like copy-pasting the entire article from a small site run by a fellow Spurs fan without permission, but the conclusion is essentially:

Out of the current squad Ekotto, Khumalo and Ceballos are the only players missing out on a spot in the squad.

Walker, Rose, Naughton, Fryers, Mason, Lennon, Townsend and Obika the current 21 and over home grown players. Any of those leaving (either permanently or on loan) or not being included would open up a home-grown slot for someone like Welbeck or whoever.

No more non-home grown slots open (17 players listed), meaning that any signing that isn't home grown and over 21 will have to replace one of the current squad.

Now at 36 players with 5 underage and 4 out on loan, leaving us with 27 players. 20 are overseas (*):

Lloris*
Vorm*
Friedel*

Walker
Naughton
Fryers
Rose
BAE*

Verts*
Fazio*
Chiriches*
Kaboul*
Khumalo*

Sandro*
Capoue*
Paulinho*
Dembele*
Eriksen*
Holtby*
Mason

Lamela*
Chadli*
Lennon
Townsend
Ceballos*

Soldado*
Ade*

-------

Underage (5)
Davies
Dier
Veljkovic
Bentaleb
Kane

Loans (4)
Archer
Yedlin
Fredericks
Carroll

Jeez Redknapp would have got so much stick if he had gathered this number of players together.

So many transfers, so many ins and outs, lots of constant wheeling and dealing, and in reality we haven't made any progress. If anything we are falling behind from where we were

Jeez Redknapp would have got so much stick if he had gathered this number of players together.

So many transfers, so many ins and outs, lots of constant wheeling and dealing, and in reality we haven't made any progress. If anything we are falling behind from where we were

Actually our big squad has partly been caused by so many youth team players pushing on and into contention - something that hasn't really happened for about 15 years.

Actually our big squad has partly been caused by so many youth team players pushing on and into contention - something that hasn't really happened for about 15 years.

Who are they then.. your not allowed to say Bentaleb, Rose and Townsend more than once ;)

I would say we haven't had this many foreigners ever.

Before anyone calls me a racist.. I mean't overseas. :lol: ;)

EDIT - the apple autocorrection changed racist to rapist. lol

Now at 36 players with 5 underage and 4 out on loan, leaving us with 27 players. 20 are overseas (*):

Remember though, GB, you can remove Khumalo, Assou-Ekotto, Fryers and Holtby from that list and add Stambouli (all pretty much nailed on now - in the sense that the first two were never likely to get selected unless there are actually empty spaces to be filled anyway).

So that's 33 players with 5 underage and 4 out on loan, leaving us with 24 players. 18 overseas. There's also lots of speculation that Sandro might be off. As might Townsend or Lennon. I can also see Ceballos going (on loan?) and maybe even one other surprise outgoing (big late bid for Soldado? Strikers are in short supply and if we could bring in Welbeck and Rodriguez...? Maybe? Who knows?)

Who are they then.. your not allowed to say Bentaleb, Rose and Townsend more than once ;)

I would say we haven't had this many foreigners ever.

Kane, Mason, Ceballos and Veljkovic too.

Remember though, GB, you can remove Khumalo, Assou-Ekotto, Fryers and Holtby from that list and add Stambouli (all pretty much nailed on now - in the sense that the first two were never likely to get selected unless there are actually empty spaces to be filled anyway).

So that's 33 players with 5 underage and 4 out on loan, leaving us with 24 players. 18 overseas. There's also lots of speculation that Sandro might be off. As might Townsend or Lennon. I can also see Ceballos going (on loan?) and maybe even one other surprise outgoing (big late bid for Soldado? Strikers are in short supply and if we could bring in Welbeck and Rodriguez...? Maybe? Who knows?)

You've got to stick to facts on things like this, rather than suppose... Even if players aren't likely to play for us again, they are still picking up big wages and generally too old to play for the U21s, so need to be factored in.

So with the Holtby-Stombouli shuffle that leaves us:

37 players
- 5 underage
- 5 out on loan
= 27 players

20 are overseas

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS 3m

With Fryers going, we're now down to 5 "home grown" players in squad. WE don't *have* to name any, but we can only have a max of 17 non-HG.

James Maw ‏@JamesMawFFT 1m

@WindyCOYS I make it six - Walker, Naughton, Rose, Lennon, Townsend and yer boi Mason.

So with the Holtby-Stombouli shuffle that leaves us:

37 players
- 5 underage
- 5 out on loan
= 27 players

20 are overseas

Well there's no way Khumalo will get a squad place and we wont need BAE given we have Rose, Davies and Verts who can play LB so he'll either be sold / released / loaned / left in the stands. Just leaves one more, with Ceballos the most likely to be loaned out again you would have thought. Shame, because I'd have liked us to keep him for some cup games

We've hit our targets - Now at 35 players with 5 underage and 5 out on loan, leaving us with 25 players. 19 are overseas (*):

Lloris*
Vorm*
Friedel*

Walker
Naughton
Rose
BAE*

Verts*
Fazio*
Chiriches*
Kaboul*
Khumalo*