• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fairly confident against either Utd or Victimpool. Players would probably play somewhere near 100% against those teams too.

The travel would be easy but playing another English team in Europe is something I would like to avoid. No doubt we could beat both of them but they would be like Premier League games rather than Europe games.

So the teams in the draw tomorrow is:
  • Braga (Portugal)
  • Valencia (Spain)
  • Sparta Prague (Czech Republic)
  • Lazio (Italy)
  • Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
  • Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
  • Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
  • Liverpool (England)
  • Manchester United (England)
  • Tottenham Hotspur (England)
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)
  • Basel (Switzerland)
  • Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
  • Sevilla (Spain)
  • Villarreal (Spain)
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)
Is that a list of the teams that want to avoid us?

The travel would be easy but playing another English team in Europe is something I would like to avoid. No doubt we could beat both of them but they would be like Premier League games rather than Europe games.

better to play them now than in the final, that would be deflating

plus, they are both crap

Gotta be Sparta Prague for me, a winnable tie and go from there.

I know a lot of people want Dortmund and that would be interesting to see how we fare against them.

However i have a nasty feeling we will get Valencia.

From easiest to difficult:
  • Braga (Portugal)
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)
  • Valencia (Spain)
  • Lazio (Italy)
  • Basel (Switzerland)
  • Villarreal (Spain)
  • Liverpool (England)
  • Sevilla (Spain)
Personally I don't want an English team or Borussia/Sevilla/Villareal in 1/8. Too early for it, we have a really dificult schedule coming up plus Alli will miss 1st match.

Last edited:
However i have a nasty feeling we will get Valencia.
Why nasty? Still Valencia is the weakest team among all Spanish clubs left in the competition. Their 4 wins in a row in all competitions and 10-0 against sh*t Rapid side don't show real state of things...

From easiest to difficult:
  • Braga (Portugal)
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)
  • Valencia (Spain)
  • Lazio (Italy)
  • Basel (Switzerland)
  • Villarreal (Spain)
  • Liverpool (England)
  • Sevilla (Spain)
Personally I don't want an English team or Borussia/Sevilla/Villareal in 1/8. Too early for it, we have a really dificult schedule coming up plus Alli will miss 1st match.
Really? I get the impression that Donetsk are a threat? There's plenty of others I would rather play, and I'm not just talking about the travelling.

Really? I get the impression that Donetsk are a threat? There's plenty of others I would rather play, and I'm not just talking about the travelling.
I don't really fancy them. They lost their best players during last 2 transfer windows, were woeful in CL, look promising but still too crude and punished Schalke away because germans were a total mess in defence and couldn't convert their several great chances in attack.
Maybe I was too harsh to put them on 2nd place among the best possible teams to face, but they will defenitely be in my top-5 list. To get them is much better than Spanish, German or English oppositions in 1/8 (8 teams already).

Reckon we'll get Bayer Leverkusen. Son connection and a very tough trip imo. They seem to be banging goals in for fun right now and Chicharito is a lively ol' handful for any defense.

Hoping for Braga or Sparta though for ease.

Im not saying we will beat everyone in the competition as Im sure we could just as well lose to any of them, but it's quite refreshing reading other forums and seeing that they'd ideally like to avoid us as they see us as one the of stronger teams left. How times change! Still haven't achieved anything just yet.

Would love to win this competition. Imagine a top 4 spot and a EL win. Magnificent season. Of course winning the title might be a little bit better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back