• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the stutter either, but it would have to cut both ways. They hardly ever penalise a keeper for encroachment and they are two cheeks of the same backside.

Odd thing is the stutter rarely works, see so many players get caught in 2 minds when the goalie doesn't move and they invariably hit a weak shot that's only a foot or 2 off centre that gets saved.

I love England fans who predict they won't win the World Cup like they are putting their neck on the line, makes you laugh. You know all those are gonna come out saying "I told you so" like they were predicting Leics to win the Prem.

Well, at least the most talented team won. Denmark is a bit like Iceland, strong team spirit and togetherness, but very few really talented players, in my opinion.
Thing about Denmark is I love Eriksen and can’t stand any of the Croatian players so wanted Denmark through. Sadly Christian aside, they are lacking in quality. Although I Liked Sisco when he came on, looked very energetic.

Modric and Eriksen missing a pen in the same game. What a world we live in...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Well done to Russia for beating Spain and progressing to the Quarter Finals. This is the first time Russia was involved in a penalty shootout in the World Cup and it will really boost their confidence that they managed to win and progress to the Quarter Finals for the first time ever ! Despite their lack of quality, their hard work and discipline helped them to this win over Spain. It is always good for any tournament to have the hosts progressing very far. Russia's goalkeeper Akinfeev was surely the man-of-the match for not only saving 2 penalties but also for having an error-free match. Akinfeev has always been error-prone like a clown in goal but for once he played like a proper goalkeeper ! It was boring to watch as Russia concentrated far too much on defending but that is the only way they could have beaten Spain. After all, Spain have been on a 23-match unbeaten run before this match. The last time Spain lost a match was to Italy in the Euro 2016 Round Of 16 match. But most of that unbeaten run was under their previous coach Lopetegui who was sacked after joining Real Madrid. That seemed to have unsettled Spain as they were never convincing in any of their matches in this World Cup. Also, Spain always seems to lose to the host team as they also lost to South Korea in 2002. By losing this penalty shootout, Spain have now joined England and Italy as teams who have lost the most penalty shootouts(3) in the World Cup history.

Really disappointed with Denmark for losing to Croatia in penalty shootouts. This was a very boring match with both teams struggling to create many chances. Denmark dominated the match in patches but failed to take their chances. Eriksen was missing for most of the match and has to take the blame for missing the crucial first penalty in the shootout. I think that put pressure on other Denmark players as all their penalties were poor. Croatia's penalties were poor as well but Denmark's were much worse. Thought their best player, Eriksen, will inspire Denmark in this match but he has been poor in this World Cup apart from a brilliant goal against Australia. Denmark had a chance to make a mark in the World Cup but they wasted their chance. Don't think Denmark will get a better chance than this next time.

Well done to Russia for beating Spain and progressing to the Quarter Finals. This is the first time Russia was involved in a penalty shootout in the World Cup and it will really boost their confidence that they managed to win and progress to the Quarter Finals for the first time ever ! Despite their lack of quality, their hard work and discipline helped them to this win over Spain. It is always good for any tournament to have the hosts progressing very far. Russia's goalkeeper Akinfeev was surely the man-of-the match for not only saving 2 penalties but also for having an error-free match. Akinfeev has always been error-prone like a clown in goal but for once he played like a proper goalkeeper ! It was boring to watch as Russia concentrated far too much on defending but that is the only way they could have beaten Spain. After all, Spain have been on a 23-match unbeaten run before this match. The last time Spain lost a match was to Italy in the Euro 2016 Round Of 16 match. But most of that unbeaten run was under their previous coach Lopetegui who was sacked after joining Real Madrid. That seemed to have unsettled Spain as they were never convincing in any of their matches in this World Cup. Also, Spain always seems to lose to the host team as they also lost to South Korea in 2002. By losing this penalty shootout, Spain have now joined England and Italy as teams who have lost the most penalty shootouts(3) in the World Cup history.

Really disappointed with Denmark for losing to Croatia in penalty shootouts. This was a very boring match with both teams struggling to create many chances. Denmark dominated the match in patches but failed to take their chances. Eriksen was missing for most of the match and has to take the blame for missing the crucial first penalty in the shootout. I think that put pressure on other Denmark players as all their penalties were poor. Croatia's penalties were poor as well but Denmark's were much worse. Thought their best player, Eriksen, will inspire Denmark in this match but he has been poor in this World Cup apart from a brilliant goal against Australia. Denmark had a chance to make a mark in the World Cup but they wasted their chance. Don't think Denmark will get a better chance than this next time.
Good post.

Brazil V Mexico is going to be a tense match as Mexico tends to lift their game against Brazil. Mexico were brilliant in their first 2 matches but got trashed by Sweden. Their inconsistent form and lack of mental strength has always been Mexico's problems. Brazil have not looked very convincing so far but seemed to be improving as the tournament progresses. Let's see who will come out top in this match.

Belgium V Japan is going to be an easy match for Belgium. Can see Belgium score at least 3 goals against Japan. Wish Senegal is facing Belgium instead of Japan. Won't be surprised if Belgium rest their key players for this match as they will have to face either Brazil or Mexico in the Quarter Finals.

I wonder if any one of Neymar and Cheatarito will be able to play the game after all the hand shaking before the match. Might be too much physical contact for them.

I feel if the Mexicans don't capitalize on their possession and grab a goal, the damned Brazilians and Neymar will make them pay. Arriba arriba Andale, andale !

They are generally underwhelming too.

They are a bit like an international Liverpool - great in the 60s and 70s, with a few flukes since.
they just don't do greats like Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, Socrates, garincha - maybe it's me being an old fart, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back