• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

It’s bloody hard to change things mid game
You need one person on the pitch to start it
Shouting, screaming, pointing, or just talking
I didn’t see any accountability
He could've made subs to change it or changed the shape a bit. There was nothing from Ange.
Yes a leader on the pitch would've helped but Ange should've done his bit.

Not having Ange … this is the sort of result that was coming … we can’t defend as a unit, don’t enough tactical ability to change it up to see out a game … attack and it’s not what we do is just not enough at this level

It’s bloody hard to change things mid game
You need one person on the pitch to start it
Shouting, screaming, pointing, or just talking
I didn’t see any accountability
That issue has predated Postecoglou, and predated Conte, Nuno, Mourinho, Poch, Sherwood, AVB, Harry...

...off the top of my head, I cannot remember the last time we had a really vocal leader on the pitch who openly tells some of the others they're hiding. Even the ones who are famed as leaders elsewhere tend to go quiet at Spurs, like Parker did.

Maybe Davids? Sure I'm forgetting a few, but certainly seems like it's a long-standing and strange issue.

That issue has predated Postecoglou, and predated Conte, Nuno, Mourinho, Poch, Sherwood, AVB, Harry...

...off the top of my head, I cannot remember the last time we had a really vocal leader on the pitch who openly tells some of the others they're hiding. Even the ones who are famed as leaders elsewhere tend to go quiet at Spurs, like Parker did.

Maybe Davids? Sure I'm forgetting a few, but certainly seems like it's a long-standing and strange issue
Hard to tell
But they should be embarrassed

The shape was fine
They just changed a left back
It was the players who failed to do really basic stuff
Brighton gambled because they had too
And we were too nice
Soft
The shape wasn't fine. We did nothing to stop the attack down our right. We were getting destroyed. We should've changed the shape to stop it instead of leaving Porro 1 on 1 all the time.
Yes, there was individual mistakes, but some of those should have been subbed before hand as they were playing poor, especially Udogie.

Maybe Davids? Sure I'm forgetting a few, but certainly seems like it's a long-standing and strange issue.
Raised this on here a few years ago and was told by Scara that ‘all a captain does nowadays is organise the Christmas party.’ :rolleyes:

He could've made subs to change it or changed the shape a bit. There was nothing from Ange.
Yes a leader on the pitch would've helped but Ange should've done his bit.

After the third goal, Hurzeler jumped out of his seat and roared his players on, pointing this way and that to where he wanted them to be.

Postecoglou stood there, hands in his pockets, face frozen, just like he did for all three goals. Didn't bring on a single sub until we had already thrown away a two goal lead and Brighton had made 4 (four) changes in that time.

I get the feeling he just dislikes making subs. That's okay, Poch didn't either, and he did alright. But when you combine that with his lack of energy on the touchline, Postecoglou can come across as singularly pointless at times.

It's just an image/optics thing - don't think he'll change it, but it admittedly doesn't help him.

The shape wasn't fine. We did nothing to stop the attack down our right. We were getting destroyed. We should've changed the shape to stop it instead of leaving Porro 1 on 1 all the time.
Yes, there was individual mistakes, but some of those should have been subbed before hand as they were playing poor, especially Udogie.
Honestly… I’d he was getting destroyed I can’t fathom how their frost and last came via out left back failing. It wasn’t because of great crosses either

Outsmarted by a younger manager with less tools to work with and giving spurs a 2 goal headstart

I woudn't say he has fewer tools to work with. Brighton have spent an absolute shedload to back him - aren't they the highest spenders in all of Europe this season?

But yes, whatever Hurzeler said at half time floored us, and Postecoglou was absolutely outcoached in that second half.

That has always been the case though. Every single game, Porro is tucked narrow so the opposition left winger has the freedom of the city to waltz into that quadrant.

I don't know why we set up that way, but clearly there's a reason why we do it all the time.

The shape was fine
They just changed a left back
It was the players who failed to do really basic stuff
Brighton gambled because they had too
And we were too nice
Soft
Players have to take ownership.

Changes to personnel doesn't help if 7 players v 4 let a player waltz through for the 2nd goal.

Changes don't mean the LB (who was good till that moment) slice it into their strikers path.

Easy to blame Ange, that rhetoric is out there now for people to slam home. But I've seen tonight's Spurs too many times in the last 20 years, players need to take ownership

I’m still content with Ange. Not expecting to win anything or finish in the top 4 but as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask. He could help himself by actually managing games, making subs earlier and being more streetwise.

I get his hands are somewhat tied because Son is out, but please please start Moore in the next game if Son isn’t quite ready.

Bissouma for Bentancur for a bit more solidity.

I’d be cool with benching Udogie as well.

After the third goal, Hurzeler jumped out of his seat and roared his players on, pointing this way and that to where he wanted them to be.

Postecoglou stood there, hands in his pockets, face frozen, just like he did for all three goals. Didn't bring on a single sub until we had already thrown away a two goal lead and Brighton had made 4 (four) changes in that time.

I get the feeling he just dislikes making subs. That's okay, Poch didn't either, and he did alright. But when you combine that with his lack of energy on the touchline, Postecoglou can come across as singularly pointless at times.

It's just an image/optics thing - don't think he'll change it, but it admittedly doesn't help him.
The whole manager energy on the sideline thing is a load of gonads that is just used to suit a narrative. Never gets bought up when said manager wins games, only when they suffer defeat. And conversely I've seen Conte and other managers criticised for their enthusiasm on the touchline as it apparently confuses the players. If eccentricity on the touchline was such a big deal then Martin O Neil would have been the most successful manager in the history of the game.....

I’m still content with Ange. Not expecting to win anything or finish in the top 4 but as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask. He could help himself by actually managing games, making subs earlier and being more streetwise.

I get his hands are somewhat tied because Son is out, but please please start Moore in the next game if Son isn’t quite ready.

Bissouma for Bentancur for a bit more solidity.

I’d be cool with benching Udogie as well.
Playing Moore instead of Werner wouldn't have changed any of the issues that we had in the second half.

Here we go. Blame Ange for the players messing up routine one on ones and refusing to compete. I will call him out when I think he should be called out but today's result was on the players. Disgusting.

Here we go. Blame Ange for the players messing up routine one on ones and refusing to compete. I will call him out when I think he should be called out but today's result was on the players. Disgusting.
The buck stops with Ange. He gets the credit for the first half performance, but he also takes the blame for the second half. Not changing anything until we were behind and not taking Udogie off who was having a nightmare in the second half was on him.

Back