• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Yeah, it's bgecome a bit checken and egg. Players stopped running./showing for the ball because the ball never comes, palyers stop passing because the players aren't making runs to get them into space etc etc.

The biggest culprit is often Maddison, but i don't get why Bentancur and Sarr have become like this as well...again, i guess a good DM/6/Palhinha type solves a lot of this...who is that guy for us? Bissouma? Gray?
No idea
Bit I think some players suit some styles and others don’t
I haveng seen Pailniha At Bayern big over here he was good but reckless imo and would have the same issues we always have that our DM gets carded and changes their game

One guy I’ve heard we are looking at is Angel Gomes. HG too. Technically very good and a tempo creator. Not sure how his defensive qualities align though

No idea
Bit I think some players suit some styles and others don’t
I haveng seen Pailniha At Bayern big over here he was good but reckless imo and would have the same issues we always have that our DM gets carded and changes their game

One guy I’ve heard we are looking at is Angel Gomes. HG too. Technically very good and a tempo creator. Not sure how his defensive qualities align though

Interesting...where did you hear that we are looking at Angel Gomes?

Yeah, i do wonder if a very good DM (and a system where midfielders are more distinct in their roles, i.e. great if they can all get up and down the pitch but perhaps some more balance in that at least one is told to hang back a bit more, ditto the full-backs) would free a lot of the players' minds and let them worry much less

I have been banging on about our failure to get a DM in for a long while. Our other MF players are talented but NONE of them can read a game with a defensive mindset. In other words we have some very talented CM but none of them are reading the game from a DM point of view. Imo its our biggest weakness.

Some fans are saying our biggest weakness is not playing an orthodox DM in this Ange system.

Not sure whether this will work or not, but have a look at this heatmap - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1866074/Live/England-League-Cup-2024-2025-Coventry-Tottenham

So Bentancur was playing the 6 for us last night. Just take a look at his heatmap in an Ange system and tell me whether that is what we should expect to see.

For me, it sort of proves why we're having this issue.

Some fans are saying our biggest weakness is not playing an orthodox DM in this Ange system.

Not sure whether this will work or not, but have a look at this heatmap - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1866074/Live/England-League-Cup-2024-2025-Coventry-Tottenham

So Bentancur was playing the 6 for us last night. Just take a look at his heatmap in an Ange system and tell me whether that is what we should expect to see.

For me, it sort of proves why we're having this issue.

RB HM.JPG

Actually that Heat Map seems to show him sitting in 6 space, and when he's not, he's in the 8 role (assuming the plan is to have one of the 8's move to cover)

I agree with @parklane1 it's not the system, it's about having a player that is by nature a DM (technically competent and can recycle quickly but naturally defensive). I keep saying, City's record with/without Rodri is the easiest example of why you need a WC player in that role in a high press, possession based teams.

View attachment 17685

Actually that Heat Map seems to show him sitting in 6 space, and when he's not, he's in the 8 role (assuming the plan is to have one of the 8's move to cover)

I agree with @parklane1 it's not the system, it's about having a player that is by nature a DM (technically competent and can recycle quickly but naturally defensive). I keep saying, City's record with/without Rodri is the easiest example of why you need a WC player in that role in a high press, possession based teams.
The heat map shows the diagram of the face all spurs fans were pulling last night watching that brick on the tv.

Back