• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

If ever you wonder: Does he have his head in the game? That sumptuous flick-on for Son answered that question so emphatically. And eloquently.

He's got the savvy and skill to play in this league.

I know, we said this about Soldado and adored all the great efforts he put in. But Dear Old Bobby was much older and always had a lower upside. Janssen is far younger and still has much more to offer. I hope we hang onto him and let him find his place in the squad. He deserves to hear about this goal at the next home game.

Kane aside, we have a pretty good recent track record of turning prolific strikers into assist machines, see Bobby Solider as an example.

But truly, he was a fantastic focal point when he came on tonight, allowed the likes of Eriksen, Alli and Son to bounce off him.

He just needs a few more goals from open play and his confidence will be through the roof!

I also still believe he would work well alongside Kane, not just one or the other, especially against 'weaker' opposition.

Something I found interesting. I stated pre-match that starting Janssen and bringing Son in as his sub would be the best strategy.

He showed that thinking to be faulty. I have no problem with that.

some good assists for the clown but he is a centre forward, he should be scoring goals, 3 goals scored by us (terrific comeback) but this clown will never score unless he's allowed to kick a pen, he's not a midfielder, he's a forward, he just cannot find space, be in the right place at the right time to get a tap in, he's slightly better than soldado but thats not saying much, so pleased we're selling him in the close season.

some good assists for the clown but he is a centre forward, he should be scoring goals, 3 goals scored by us (terrific comeback) but this clown will never score unless he's allowed to kick a pen, he's not a midfielder, he's a forward, he just cannot find space, be in the right place at the right time to get a tap in, he's slightly better than soldado but thats not saying much, so pleased we're selling him in the close season.

Interesting that you, of all people, mentioning the word clown...

Last edited:

Would you prefer that to him staying and proving you wrong?

Janssen's hold up play is excellent -and very effective when you have runners off of him, and they begin to understand that he will set the ball up in the box for them.
Unfortunately he is too similar in style to Kane (similar but different) to play alongside Kane, so it is one or the other. But he could be a very good back up for Kane, and I hope we hang on to him.

Janssen in combination with Son give us a lot of options against different opponents. I like the trio (with Kane) and wouldn't seek to tweak it in the summer.

Janssen could prove to be a very important tool for the rest of the season particularly against those plucky relegation sides who want to sit deep. What he did for the second goal was brilliant. Won us the game yesterday no doubt about it

Janssen could prove to be a very important tool for the rest of the season particularly against those plucky relegation sides who want to sit deep. What he did for the second goal was brilliant. Won us the game yesterday no doubt about it
Sometimes you just need a big lump up top to rough up defenders and spread a little chaos. We've not had one of those since Sir Les.

Janssen seems to have a good amount of big lumpability, with added skill and technique. That backheel to set up Son was excellent -- I didn't realise how good until I'd seen the replay about eight times. Janssen just checks across before the ball gets to him, while holding off the defender, and takes a risk on the backheel. Probably 7 times out of 10 it'd get blocked by the defender, but the other 3 result in Son through on goal.

I really hope he comes good.

Janssen in combination with Son give us a lot of options against different opponents. I like the trio (with Kane) and wouldn't seek to tweak it in the summer.

Jansenn has assisted a decent chunk of sons goals by doing what son can't with his hold up play. They work well together and should start together IMO with sissoko out of the side

It picks itself now surely

The guys hold up play with his back to goal is first class, and he WILL score goals, he will become a very good player for us and he WILL score goals.

I agree, what was promising was his interaction with Son (for goal), the 1:2 with Dele, the hold off to release Dele who passed to Eriksen for last goal.

I agree, what was promising was his interaction with Son (for goal), the 1:2 with Dele, the hold off to release Dele who passed to Eriksen for last goal.

As some of us have been saying for ages he is still a kid who is trying to settle into a new country and a much faster pace of play, it was always going to take time for him to adjust and now we are seeing a little of what he can do.

As some of us have been saying for ages he is still a kid who is trying to settle into a new country and a much faster pace of play, it was always going to take time for him to adjust and now we are seeing a little of what he can do.

Helps he is getting some game time and he is doing an important job

Awarded for the Supporters MOTM award. Well done lad, hopefully many more to come.

Off the ball, back to goal and drawing fouls you cant fault him. Really, really could do with him finding the net on Saturday to totally boost his confidence.

Once we equalised last night I was praying if anyone could get the winner it would be him. Happy that Son got it though

Last edited:
Back