• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I cant see the picture as im at work but im sure I would... yeah baby

On the flip side another day, no footbal, and I still despise Liverscum and their fans more than fudgein ever

I think this squad needs more star players, not mickey mouse players like Dempsey and Mark Davies and Victor Moses, they are just landfill and won't improve our team greatly, if at all.

If I'm honest I can't see any credibility in any of the players we've been "linked" to since Rodgers came to the club. I'm hoping we'll make at least a couple of "big" signings. Do you think that the likes of Skrtel and Suarez and Reina would be convinced that the club had ambitions if they were going out buying Fulham and Wigan and Bolton and Swansea players?

I think this squad needs more star players, not mickey mouse players like Dempsey and Mark Davies and Victor Moses, they are just landfill and won't improve our team greatly, if at all.

:lol:

I like BR, he's a very decent chap by all accounts.

But to me his mooted targets show exactly the problem with him - Dempsey, Davis, Moses...good players, but the kind of players you look at when you are a decent Top 8 side, not when you are looking to push on for Top 4. Rodgers has had to move his sights from Championship quality players to Champions League quality players in one season. That is a very big mental leap to make and I'm not sure Rodgers (or anybody for that matter) can easily make that jump. Those players just look to be the wrong strata to me as though Rodgers hasn't quite got his head around where he's at.

But to me his mooted targets show exactly the problem with him - Dempsey, Davis, Moses...good players, but the kind of players you look at when you are a decent Top 8 side, not when you are looking to push on for Top 4. Rodgers has had to move his sights from Championship quality players to Champions League quality players in one season. That is a very big mental leap to make and I'm not sure Rodgers (or anybody for that matter) can easily make that jump. Those players just look to be the wrong strata to me as though Rodgers hasn't quite got his head around where he's at.

but we dont know what kind of transfer budget he has....for example, Dempsey and Moses are in the last year of their deals, so can be bought very cheaply as a result

they were interested in Sigurdsson because he is a quality player and costs only 7mill

it does look like the big spending days at Anfield have been postponed for a while

but we dont know what kind of transfer budget he has....for example, Dempsey and Moses are in the last year of their deals, so can be bought very cheaply as a result

they were interested in Sigurdsson because he is a quality player and costs only 7mill

it does look like the big spending days at Anfield have been postponed for a while

I think their owners have almost said as much as well, they won't be spending big money. Rodgers is probably asked to get results out of the players Comolli and Dalglish brought in and he's given some money to supplement the squad with players he needs to make his system work.

They will also struggle to attract the players their fans would want to get at this point. They will no doubt say that Sigurdsson chose us because of money if he does join us, but the fact is I think we look at least as attractive as them given equal wages to most players, even without CL football. City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea are obviously more attractive. With PSG, Malaga, Anzhi and Roma having money to burn as well as Juve re-appearing on the big stage to add to the massive European clubs that are already there they will face a lot of competition for players with a bigger reputation than Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Moses etc.

'Two scenarios:

1. Rodgers wanted Sigurðsson, Tottenham offered more and Rodgers knowing perfectly well how much Sigurðsson is worth decided against matching Spurs offer.

2. Rogers wanted Sigurðsson, Tottenham offered more, Rodgers knows that Sigurðsson is worth that amount of money and went and asked for more money to match Spurs. The owners didn't give it to him.

Let's hope it's number 1.'

Rawkites..

'Two scenarios:

1. Rodgers wanted Sigurðsson, Tottenham offered more and Rodgers knowing perfectly well how much Sigurðsson is worth decided against matching Spurs offer.

2. Rogers wanted Sigurðsson, Tottenham offered more, Rodgers knows that Sigurðsson is worth that amount of money and went and asked for more money to match Spurs. The owners didn't give it to him.

Rawkites..[/QUOTE

There's a 3rd option, which is that Tottenham are a far more attractive destination for a young player on the up than Liverpool, and there's not much BR could have done about that.

There's a 3rd option, which is that Tottenham are a far more attractive destination for a young player on the up than Liverpool, and there's not much BR could have done about that.

There's a fourth option. It's a bit more out there.

Perhaps he and Caulker are secretly lovers. :lol:

June 16 - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.

'Two scenarios:

Rawkites..

''Mr Rodgers approach of assessing his current playing staff before moving into the market is more logical than what's going on at Spurs.''

:ross: :ross: :ross:

You say that but the only player we know for sure he was interested in was Sigurdsson, a player good enough for us - how many of the other player's he's been linked to are just lazy journalism? He managed to make the jump between buying championship quality players to PL players in one season and seems to know the types of players he wants, i don't think it will be that difficult for him to make the jump up in quality at all.

Just read an absolute belter on RAWK

'...anyone that turns down Liverpool for a Johnny come lately club like Tottenham is only doing it for the money...'

:-({|=

What a buch of deluded bell ends.

Can't think why he would reject Liverpool. I mean look at all the other high profile, big money signings they made last year.... Henderson, Downing, Carroll. Your career really takes off at Anfield, doesn't it?

Ah well he'll have to settle for a club that's finished consistently in the top 4, rather than battling it out for 8th!

Just read an absolute belter on RAWK

'...anyone that turns down Liverpool for a Johnny come lately club like Tottenham is only doing it for the money...'

:-({|=

What a buch of deluded bell ends.

They also think Rafa invented tiki-taka

While the media laud the virtues of the 4-2-3-1, they still mock the man they vilified for playing that ‘negative’ formation in England. While they gasp at Spain’s aggressive pressing, they still don’t understand that Benitez Liverpool were playing that way off the ball before Spain had even won a major tournament

some time before 1964.

June 16 - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.
That about sums up the current state of the lolerpool fan base. Why pay 11 mill for a 22 year old who proved himself in the EPL when you can pay 20 million for Jordan Henderson? Deluded.

Last edited:
Back