• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I personally would prefer the Olympic Stadium because its closest to WHL, transport links are good, it's nearer where I live and it would p*** off the unholy trinity. MK would be a nightmare if we qualified for CL as attending would be virtually impossible for me and my family and it's a smaller stadium. I do not like Wembley, it was an outdated stadium I now find it a soulless rip-off and with my dodgy knees the long walk to and from the underground and stairs cripple me, I'd do it for a final or semi but 20 odd times a season would be purgatory.

Arrive by train at the stadium - much closer. From Marylebone

Just to complicate things, and it's probably been mentioned before, the it's the FA rules that state that we can have one home stadium a season?

Theoretically we could play league games at the Olympic Stadium and European games at Wembley?

Just to complicate things, and it's probably been mentioned before, the it's the FA rules that state that we can have one home stadium a season?

Theoretically we could play league games at the Olympic Stadium and European games at Wembley?

I think so.

It's the PL that have the one stadium with primacy rule and that rule is designed to stop clubs picking the plum games for the bigger stadium, but shouldn't prevent an approved move mid-season. I don't think the FA have a similar rule for the FA Cup, as it's not uncommon for smaller clubs to move fixtures to a bigger ground.

Also for European games we have the precedent of Arsenal playing CL games at Wembley.

I'm not an admin here (and obviously scara can post whatever he likes on his own website!) but any chance this discussion could continue on the 'Politics' thread in Random? That's what it's there for after all - and old lefties like me won't have to either seethe in silence or get involved and drag this great thread even further off topic?

Just a polite request, not being arsey or anything.
You're a leftie - it's your place to seethe and be angry about stuff. You wouldn't be doing it right if you weren't.

No. I won't take the bait.

(aside: the angriest people I know are right wingers... put a Trump supporter next to a Sanders supporter... which one is red-faced, with a vein throbbing in their temple and carrying an assault rifle?)
Let's ignore Amerifats, they're not real people - they're caricatures.

Left Wing:
police-officer-struggles-against-a-crowd-of-striking-miners-outside-picture-id85209921

Right wing:
Bankers-laughing-cigar-money.jpg

Really?

Left wing:
[insert photo of a smiling Albert Einstein here]

Right wing:
[insert photo of a neo-nazi riot here]

We could do this all day - and completely derail the thread, but I said I wouldn't take the bait and I won't. Feel free to have the final political word here... I'll get back to discussing our amazing new stadium

Really?

Left wing:
[insert photo of a smiling Albert Einstein here]

Right wing:
[insert photo of a neo-nazi riot here]

We could do this all day - and completely derail the thread, but I said I wouldn't take the bait and I won't. Feel free to have the final political word here... I'll get back to discussing our amazing new stadium
Great idea - we'll celebrate this 61,000 seat example of the wonders of capitalism together!

Games played at Wembley (old and new):

49 Arsenal
45 Manchester United
37 Liverpool
29 Chelsea
27 Tottenham
20 Everton
18 Emirates Marketing Project

Boris Johnson ‏@MayorofLondon 47m47 minutes ago
can't tell you for legal reasons but its coming up soon...tottenham regeneration is amazing #askboris @Harry_Russell22

Harry Russell ‏@Harry_Russell22 7h7 hours ago
@MayorofLondon When will you grant the tottenham application for a new stadium, now that @haringeycouncil have given their verdict #AskBoris

Nobody picked up on this post... Boris says the regeneration is amazing, so presumably he is in favour and things are looking positive?

Assuming he thinks the amazing Tottenham regeneration is dependent on the stadium.

If we are pedantic and accept his claim that legal reasons preclude him commenting on the stadium, his general comment has to exclude the stadium, so the tweet tells us nothing.

However, he is a politician ...

This is Spurs we're talking about. There'll be engineering works on every train and tube line in northwest London each home-game weekend if we end up at Wembley.
Just like there is on an almost weekly basis with either White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park shut by NR, it's beyond a fudging joke

Back