• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

He surely doesn’t think he is going to usurp son though
And he knows he is joining a bigger club
Your almost talking as though he has guarantees which makes no sense
Unless we’re selling son which ain’t happening
It’s capable experience at a good price
It’s also why I like the idea of Toney
We know what we will get and in 2/; years time when he older we waive him with a player we have developed

He plays for Leipzig and is a German international, I’d imagine he has high standards for himself and wouldn’t see himself sitting on the bench for the majority of games.

I really think that some fans are getting carried away by the loan of Werner again, he IMO has not been signed to play every game next season but a player who will be used when needed. To hear some fans you would think he is going to be one of the major signings/player and a fixture in the team. Lets see what other players we bring in before we start bemoaning that he is not going to be good enough.

I really think that some fans are getting carried away by the loan of Werner again, he IMO has not been signed to play every game next season but a player who will be used when needed. To hear some fans you would think he is going to be one of the major signings/player and a fixture in the team. Lets see what other players we bring in before we start bemoaning that he is not going to be good enough.

Go back to when he signed and you can see I was all for him coming in for the second half of the season as a short term fix

He's reportedly on 175k a week which we are covering, that's serious wedge for a back up player.

If we need a goal, he's not really someone you can rely on, his finishing is woeful.

I personally think the money can be spent elsewhere, but as you say it's a year loan.

Go back to when he signed and you can see I was all for him coming in for the second half of the season as a short term fix

He's reportedly on 175k a week which we are covering, that's serious wedge for a back up player.

If we need a goal, he's not really someone you can rely on, his finishing is woeful.

I personally think the money can be spent elsewhere, but as you say it's a year loan.
He is on good wages
Maybe that compensates for the lack of any fee

If you make a big signing in today's market you're most likely never getting your money back unless it's to another top PL club. In that case you'd probably want to keep them anyway.

Maybe, but with a fee you are playing the long term game, his wages don't have a return unless he fires us to the CL/Trophy, which I personally don't think he will.

Could prove me wrong this time next year.
We need players like Werner in the squad to help us get to CL
We should have made it this year

Meh, I'm glad we didn't sign him or we'd be stuck with him for 4 or 5 years.
But I'm OK with loaning him as a "known player" so there is verrrrrry little jeopardy i.e. no fee and we know what he is like.
I heard there was a 4m loan fee but I only heard that once, so not sure if true. And 9m wages. And no resale fee since he wasn't bought. So not cheap, but not expensive.
Hopefully he does really well and starts shooting like a pro and we sign him for about 8m next year as a known known quantity.

Granted but I can only judge on the business we have done so far. It’s not about throwing toys out the pram, I’m not angry or even unhappy I’m just underwhelmed.
It just seems a bit early for anyone to either be underwhelmed or happy.
Taken in isolation, yes, it's underwhelming. But it's reaonable to believe this is just low-hanging fruit and won't be the extent of our transfer activity. Let's see where we are in a couple of months time.

Taken in isolation, yes, it's underwhelming. But it's reaonable to believe this is just low-hanging fruit and won't be the extent of our transfer activity. Let's see where we are in a couple of months time.

I’ve said many times it’s still early and accept we probably (hopefully) will sign more players. I’m just reacting to this particular signing now and I can’t help it I feel unenthusiastic about it based on his output in his time so far. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to react to any specific signing in isolation.

I’ve said many times it’s still early and accept we probably (hopefully) will sign more players. I’m just reacting to this particular signing now and I can’t help it I feel unenthusiastic about it based on his output in his time so far. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to react to any specific signing in isolation.

He's played 809 mins and has 5 goal involvements. More than 1 every 2 games. That isn't bad.

Indeed…. and on the bright side it is already a FAR better window than we had in the summer 2018.

Back