• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I'm sure there are some over the top reactions around. There always are.

I think most of what's written on here has been measured and sensible. I may be guilty of being over the top optimistic about young players at times. I'd rather be overly hopeful and deal with the disappointment if that's the case. What I don't like is when that disappointment swings into real negativity about the player.

If anything I think the expectations have been a bit too measured overall. I get that short term that's "correct", but these are special talents. Haven't seen them being compared to Modric and Dembele yet. Haven't seen Odobert being touted as an obvious starter for the next World Cup. Not saying that should be the consensus expectation, but at least that would be getting towards over the top.

Not saying it will happen, but I think there's some chance that already this season one of these teenagers has a "breakout season" at this level.
Not only as a part of the squad, but a player we'd all be happy about starting just about any game and capable of being a real difference maker in at least some games. All three imo has the potential to do that if things go their way. They're that talented.
I do hope that’s the case I do as we need something special.

Special talents they may be but there’s still a long way to go.

I do hope that’s the case I do as we need something special.

Special talents they may be but there’s still a long way to go.
The key point for me as well, i wish i had a pound for every young player that has been raved about in football over the years. Talent is one thing but young players also need to show adaptability to cope with all the ups and downs [ and they will come to them] and sadly some fail to do that.

Having worked with academy players over the years i have seen many fail to really push on [ for several reasons], now i am not saying some our ours will not push on and they have done well so far[ but lets not put to much pressure on them to do so].

Dorrington is a good shout. You get the feeling that the timing of his injury recovery will stop him from getting a loan like Phillips. That would be where he would ideally spend this season.

I'm still in the Pep camp when it comes to centre halves. You need more than you think you can keep happy and they need to be versatile. Gvardiol or Ake think nothing of lining up at LB, Stones and Akanji slot in midfield and Pep know this is part of why they win trophies. Personally, I would still be after another major centre half like Hincapie or Tapsoba, also knowing that RM will come after Romero next summer. I'd also consider Romero to sit in front as well.

I believe Dorrington could make a decent DM, he's good on ball, sees a pass and is mobile.

The key point for me as well, i wish i had a pound for every young player that has been raved about in football over the years. Talent is one thing but young players also need to show adaptability to cope with all the ups and downs [ and they will come to them] and sadly some fail to do that.

Having worked with academy players over the years i have seen many fail to really push on [ for several reasons], now i am not saying some our ours will not push on and they have done well so far[ but lets not put to much pressure on them to do so].
Well put. Let’s hope it all works out and we have a special few players in our side.

i Ambrosia
II Belgique
III I asked Alexa and she didn't understand the question

Correct answers:
i. Custard must always be paired with a webcam
ii. Toby and Verts are Dutch
iii. I'll leave it to @monkeybarry to answer this one
Yeah, about III.
Apparently the "ever so hilarious" word filter changed S H RUBB ERY to something very very different.

(To be fair, the filter is pretty funny..... until it happens to you 😂)

Back