• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Watch the highlights again on 101greatgoals,he created alot of chances.2 brilliant balls to Balotelli over the english defence,then the great ball to Cassano which he headed to Balloteli and I think Lescott blocked it. That's just off the top of my head,I m sure there is even more.

I don't deny that they were great balls (though ITV highlights only show the one pass to Baoltelli), but they were possible in part because we put no pressure on him because we were defending deep / trying to get deeper. And we blocked both shots.

ess said:
England definitely didn't protect the penalty area well. Pirlo, Montolivo and Marchisio all opened up their defence brilliantly more than once, and Italy really should've won that game before the penalty shooutout. Regarding Pirlo, he dominated the game completely even though he didn't create more than two or three big chances. It was a great performance, but I do agree that he didn't "destroy" England, because you don't destroy a team 0-0.

I think given that Italy had so much possession, for 120 minutes, we coped quite well defensively. Of course Italy had a few chances, but it would be virtually impossible to stop ALL chances in that kind of game.

Just can't see Portugal beating Spain to progress. Portugal rely entirely on Ronaldo. The Spain midfield will easily stop him. Only question is if Spain can score in normal time or extra time. Without a top striker, they will always have problem scoring goals. I think Portugal's best chance of beating Spain will be in penalties as they have a good record while Spain have a mediocre one.

Did you all know that Gomez has been on the ball for 22 seconds the whole of Euro 2008 and scored 3 goals!?

timewarp.jpg

Spain team: Casillas; Arbeloa, Pique, Ramos, Alba; Alonso. Busquets. Xavi; Silva, Negredo, Iniesta

Portugal team : Patr?cio; Pereira, Alves, Pepe, Coentr?o; Veloso, Moutinho, Meireles; Nani, Ronaldo, Almeida

Spain have been a bit brick.

I cant believe in all these years of watching Portugal play they have never had a truly to class centre forward. They have had great defenders like Couto and great midfielders like Rui costa etc but never a top quality striker.

Sounds like people are finally waking up to the fact that Spain are INCREDIBLY boring to watch 99% of the time.

Sorry but Spain are boring and have been utter brick this game. They will most probably still win tho

Back