• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
good press conference from Woy....eventually got pi$$ed off with the constant and boringly predictable Ferdinand questions but handled everything well enough

.....................Hart........................
Johnson...Terry......Cahill.......Cole
Walcott...Gerrard..Lampard..Downing
..............Carroll......Defoe.................

?

That team would struggle in the bottom half of the EPL IMO. Not too bad at the back, but no creativity, guile, intelligence or goals in the front 6. Very little pace in the side too.

Johnson----Terry----Lescott--Cole
Walcott---Gerrard---Lampard---Downing
-------Rooney-------Carroll----------

BELIEVE!

well id have a keeper, Cahill instead of Lescott, Young instead of Downing, drop a striker and put Parker in there.....apart from that :eek:

I said this in another thread BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE LENNON?

YOU fudging HAVE DOWNING IN THERE? WOWWWWWW

I know what the fudging fudge? I had some respect for Roy but that has diminished with this joke of a squad. Like someone else said how the fudge is Sturridge not included also? Wtf has oxelaide chamberlaine done to be included and why the fudge have we not fudged the old guard off? Jokers

20496229.jpg

Parker won't be picked because players who are in the squad for the European Championships will not be in the Olympics squad. Walker and Bale will almost certainly be there. I think, given the quality Hodgson has left out, Lennon won't be in it either.

I fear Hodgson was just too close to the action with WBA and I hope we see better squads in future. Still, I think people underestimate what simply having a decent man manager at international level can do. I remember the doom and gloom leading up to Euro 96. It looked a very average squad on paper, they'd been playing very poorly under both Venables and Taylor before that and yet look what happened at the championships.

There's certainly no Gascoignes, Sheringhams or Shearers in this squad.

Definitely the worst calibre of players since the ones that didn't qualify in 74 and 78, possibly since professionalism.

Another tournament trying to shoe horn Lampard and Gerrard into the same team!

Glad Lennon's not in it, don't want Spurs players anywhere near the England circus. Hopefully Parkers injury will rule him out too.

Unfudging believable, how many more times does it need to be demonstrated that this midfield pairing does not work????](*,)](*,)](*,)

i dont think Sturridge is much of a team player, on the pitch or off it....its all me me me me with him, very selfish and GHod forbid if you drop him, starts crying at the drop of a hat....boy needs to grow up a bit

Unfudging believable, how many more times does it need to be demonstrated that this midfield pairing does not work????](*,)](*,)](*,)

Lampard now plays much deeper for Chelsea, and is playing very well, him and Parker in the centre will work well and Gerrard can be free to play off the main striker

Lampard ran the game against Modric and parker in the FA semi, scored a blinder too...cnut

woy will play for 0-0 against france and ukraine and try and nick a 1-0 against sweden. certainly be a worth a watch if you're feeling sleepy :yawn:

That team would struggle in the bottom half of the EPL IMO. Not too bad at the back, but no creativity, guile, intelligence or goals in the front 6. Very little pace in the side too.

Sometimes, like the team Hodgson just picked you have to read what you see over and over again just to confirm that your eyes are not playing tricks on you. I did the same with your post. Your lack of football knoweldge never ceases to amaze me.

There's certainly no Gascoignes, Sheringhams or Shearers in this squad.

Definitely the worst calibre of players since the ones that didn't qualify in 74 and 78, possibly since professionalism.

Yeah but it is worth remembering that Shearer had gone about 15 games without a goal for England before those finals. Gazza's form was also a concern because he was not long back from the 2nd of his two knee injuries. And Sheringham again only really hit form for England in the championships themselves. We were dire in the build up games. Remember Three Lions by the Lightning Seeds/Baddiel and Skinner starts off with a lament about everyone writing us off. Which was a pretty accurate reflection of what most people thought and it was only reinforced by that first awful performance and draw against Switzerland. Even Scotland deserved a draw and probably would have got it had Gary McAllister scored that penalty. And that would have put us on the brink. It only really turned against Holland. Tournament football can be a funny thing.

not sure the olympics are that big a deal. the prem season starts the week after and i'd rather bale and walker were playing proper competitive football in england than being dragged half around the world for meaningless pre season friendlies

Yeah, I tend to agree. It will help them and us - as long as they're then not overused during the season.

Carrick has always looked poor at international level.....many Utd fans cant believe he is still at the club, never lived up to the hype

Defoe and Drowning - absolute jokes. We're not even going to get out of the group are we.

Good news is that it might add a couple of ?úk to Defoe price for QPR/Southampton/Reading, so they can have an England 'international' (snigger) leading them back into the championship next season.

why do you post at all?

seriously.

Just stop - for the good of everyone else.

Please, I'm really begging you.

Surely England should be playing
Hart
Richards Cahill Lescott Cole
Parker Carrick
Gerrard

Sturridge Rooney Young

You see, I like that.

How Richards doesn't get in the squad I've no idea ! A fully fit Lennon would be there as well, but I'm not too disappointed he's missed out, give him the summer off, or let him play the Olympics.

With everyone fully fit I think you could potentially replace Carrick with Hudd and Gerrard with the little mouthy Gooner and not look too bad for a few years to come. Just need a youngish Parker replacement.

Back