• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
There also seems to be a blind hatred for Johnson on here, I'm not a fan but he has had a good tournament and has looked decent again, someone has to do the work on the RW because you won't get it from Milner

Rooney has obviously been asked to look after Pirlo. He remembers for about five minutes after he gets a reminder from the bench and then forgets again. Personally I think Rooney looks well out of form, he is getting more and more frustrated with his own performance, and I can see him geting sent off rather than scoring. Would rather see Carroll or Oxlade Chamberlain than Rooney. But Roy's not going to take England's 'best player' off...

Think we've done pretty well at times, better team for the first 15 mins, defended manfully. Should have scored at least once. Italy have been better but we're doing OK.

thats more like it

its a very enjoyable game and England are playing a full part in it.

Think that i fail to understand is this.

This 'new' england is based around keeping it tight at the back, and counter attacking. So instead of using players who are use to/suited counter attacking like lennon, walcott, ox, defoe. They play utter brick like milner and young.

Dont get me started on johnson.

Welbeck has been decent but needs to hold the ball up better. His tracking back and cover has been first class and at times his link up play has been good too. Nah can't take him off yet (Walcott for Milner is the only sub you can make right now that makes sense and even that you'd probably wait 10 minutes or so).

There also seems to be a blind hatred for Johnson on here, I'm not a fan but he has had a good tournament and has looked decent again, someone has to do the work on the RW because you won't get it from Milner

I wouldn't normally be his greatest fan but this game today is made for him. He has no Italian wide player to pick up and he gets to bomb forward with every England attack. He's had more touches of the ball than any other England player in the first half.

Rooney has obviously been asked to look after Pirlo. He remembers for about five minutes after he gets a reminder from the bench and then forgets again. Personally I think Rooney looks well out of form, he is getting more and more frustrated with his own performance, and I can see him geting sent off rather than scoring. Would rather see Carroll or Oxlade Chamberlain than Rooney. But Roy's not going to take England's 'best player' off...

100% this. Spot on. I think Rooney has been crap.

I wouldn't normally be his greatest fan but this game today is made for him. He has no Italian wide player to pick up and he gets to bomb forward with every England attack. He's had more touches of the ball than any other England player in the first half.

He's also given it away more than any other England player

I still cannot believe Lennon isnt there

article-1300215-0AAA2807000005DC-913_468x257.jpg

brick half. Were supposed to be solid. Hmm looked ok apart from De Rossi hitting the post, Balotelli getting through twice then just missing out from three yards.

All in all not a very solid display from a defensive team of cloggers.

Were one Gerrard injury away from having one of the worst midfields seen at a Euros.

If your going to be 'defensive' cant we at least throw Walcott on.

Seriously, who comes on if Gerard gets injured.

I cant help but to think Walker would have stood out amongst half of these cloggers and had a very good tournament

Feel really sorry for him

Back