• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Well, regardless, I don't think England have much hope tomorrow. Unfortunately. 15/8 on Italy would be worth a punt. Evens? Meh.

I'll just waste my money on drinking beer whilst watching the game swearing at James Milner and Ashley Young!

I don't know if we are supposed to enjoy the way Spain play. But feel so boring watching them in this tournament. I fell asleep many times watching them against France. For their part, France seemed to already gave up even before playing Spain. There was no effort whatsover from France. It is a disgrace France only had 1 shot on target all game. After going 23 matches unbeaten before losing to Sweden, you would have expected more effort from France. Maybe they gave too much respect to Spain. Atleast, one positive thing is it didn't drag on until the penalties. Spain-Portugal semi final will be interesting, Ronaldo coming up against Spain midfield.

I don't know if we are supposed to enjoy the way Spain play. But feel so boring watching them in this tournament. I fell asleep many times watching them against France. For their part, France seemed to already gave up even before playing Spain. There was no effort whatsover from France. It is a disgrace France only had 1 shot on target all game. After going 23 matches unbeaten before losing to Sweden, you would have expected more effort from France. Maybe they gave too much respect to Spain. Atleast, one positive thing is it didn't drag on until the penalties. Spain-Portugal semi final will be interesting, Ronaldo coming up against Spain midfield.

Only the people who think Spain play the same way as Barcelona because they have a few of the same players. Spain play like an Italian team defending a lead (even when they're at 0-0) whereas Barcelona play attacking football. Spain Croatia and Spain France have been the 2 most boring games so far.

Only the people who think Spain play the same way as Barcelona because they have a few of the same players. Spain play like an Italian team defending a lead (even when they're at 0-0) whereas Barcelona play attacking football. Spain Croatia and Spain France have been the 2 most boring games so far.

Atleast Barcelona have Messi. Spain have to put up with Torres ! Maybe Spain would play much better if they have Villa now. I don't know why they even bothered to include Torres. He is more shyte than Rasiak now. Funny how greed for money can destroy a player. Torres was really good when he was at Liverpool but turned to shyte after joining Chelsea.

Is it only me who cannot be enthused about Spain?

Spain are soooooooo boring and slow.

Watching them is crap, there i've said it! When they just pass pass pass for the sake of it in midfield, are slow and have hardly any shots on goal.....how can anyone be passionate about that? There is literally zero excitement watching them. People say defensive football is anti-football but in some ways what Spain are doing is as well. Keeping the ball and just endlessly passing with no real threat on goal is IMO also 'anti-football', because the point is to score goals, no? It's such a shame the media builds them up so much because other teams try to copy them.

Give me Harry's Spurs against Inter Milan or Real Madrid's fast counter attacking any day of the week!!

UEFA Euro 2012 Finals Combined Goals & Assists Table

Updated after Spain 2-0 France...

358.png

UEFA Euro 2012 Finals

Atleast Barcelona have Messi. Spain have to put up with Torres ! Maybe Spain would play much better if they have Villa now. I don't know why they even bothered to include Torres. He is more shyte than Rasiak now. Funny how greed for money can destroy a player. Torres was really good when he was at Liverpool but turned to shyte after joining Chelsea.

Torres was pretty brick at Liverpool too in the end when Benitez kept playing him while injured.

Torres was pretty brick at Liverpool too in the end when Benitez kept playing him while injured.

I think he was a top striker for 3 seasons at Liverpool. But become greedy of money and become mediocre as soon as Chelsea wanted to sign him.

I agree with Jordinho, Benitez broke Torres by consistently playing him when he was injured.

Just realised Italy have been more shyte in penalties than England over the years. So, don't think both Italy and England want this match to go into penalty shootouts. Despite past records, I think England have slight mental advantage over Italy. Italy are relying too much on the old players like Pirlo and the unpredictable Balotelli. Italy have been playing well so far but without a top striker, they are always going to struggle to finish off the chances they create. Unlike the World Cup, Italy have been shyte in Euro over the years. Just can't see them changing that this time.

UEFA Euro 2012 Finals Combined Goals & Assists Table

Updated after Spain 2-0 France...

358.png

UEFA Euro 2012 Finals

So, among the former, current and future Spurs players, Pavly top the charts with 1 goal-1 assist, followed by Postiga and VDV with 1 goal each. So, it must be a long long time since a Spurs player scored more than 1 goal at either WC or Euro, if ever. IIRC, not since Sheringham at Euro96 have we ever had a Spurs players scoring for fun.

Back