• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Glad the Goons didn't win obviously, but the brick being talked about Future Asterisk FC on BBC at the moment almost makes me wish they had.

What's the best outcome in the FA cup final then?

City win means - Chelsea EL, Saudi Sportswashing Machine EC, United nothing
United win means - United EL, Chelsea EC, Saudi Sportswashing Machine nothing

FFP from lower income would hurt Chelsea more wouldn't it?

What's the best outcome in the FA cup final then?

City win means - Chelsea EL, Saudi Sportswashing Machine EC, United nothing
United win means - United EL, Chelsea EC, Saudi Sportswashing Machine nothing

FFP from lower income would hurt Chelsea more wouldn't it?

more likely to beat United under Southgate than Chelsea under Poch in the EL

its a moot point though, United haven't got a prayer

If ManU get EL do we have to qualify, or would we both go straight into the groups?

No, English teams never have to play qualifiers. It's only countries lower ranked than Liechtenstein in the co-efficients that have to do that.

Also, there's no groups next season. It's just an enormous 32 team league, with the top half after disconnected 8 games going into knock-outs

No, English teams never have to play qualifiers. It's only countries lower ranked than Liechtenstein in the co-efficients that have to do that.

Also, there's no groups next season. It's just an enormous 32 team league, with the top half after disconnected 8 games going into knock-outs

But you still have a group for the games you play, just the results will go into one table.

But you still have a group for the games you play, just the results will go into one table.

I thought it was just 8 randomly generated games, just limited by not being able to play the same one twice? But then I guess UEFA couldn't let anything happen without co-efficient rigging, even if it tends to work in our favour.

I thought it was just 8 randomly generated games, just limited by not being able to play the same one twice? But then I guess UEFA couldn't let anything happen without co-efficient rigging, even if it tends to work in our favour.

I can't see anything to say it will be a group of 8 actually.
But they can't just randomly pick teams. There will need to be some sort of seeding, won't there...

we finished 5th in the PL, we'll be the top seed
Seeding in Europe has nothing to do with league position. It's about uefa coefficient. Arsenal go into pot 3 in CL, Liverpool in pot 1 or 2.
But we don't have to qualify anyway, and will get seeded in pot 1

I hate that lot but I don’t think you can say they bottled it this season, nothing like last season. They won something stupid like 17 out of their last 19 games, losing only to Villa and drawing to city. You have to be almost perfect to finish ahead of City.
Sorry but when we were never in front of Leicester we bottled the league
So 100% if you're leading and you don't win the league you have bottled it, they ain't getting away with it that easily

Sorry but when we were never in front of Leicester we bottled the league
So 100% if you're leading and you don't win the league you have bottled it, they ain't getting away with it that easily

We didn’t bottle the title. Anyone that says we did is wrong or just hates spurs too much to have a balanced opinion. We bottled 2nd for sure but not 1st. We were top this season, Villa were top at one stage. Neither of us bottled it. The only game Arsenal fell short since January was Villa. Looking back they may well regret not really going for it away to city.

Back