• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Brentford- Man Utd off tonight. At least we’re not the only team to have had games called off because of it. I doubt this will be the last of it either.

Find it hard to believe that the Premier League would not force players to be vaccinated. If for no other reason than to protect the fans attending games. But also for the benefit of players playing in a public environment and to give the league itself the best chance of staging further games without needing to cancel due to covid infections.

In Norfa Merica, the NBA and NHL have made it mandatory for all players, club staff, media, stadium employees and fans entering their venues to be double vaccinated and be able to show proof on entry. As someone who works in these environments, I can see with my own eyes the work that goes in to verifying that everyone entering these venues is as safe as we can currently verify.

I wish I could say that's been a bulletproof strategy, but it seems some players have faked their vaccination status - or at least attempted to - and got nuts caught in a wringer. The Omicron variant is now beginning to create further complications and new outbreaks are occurring.

The NFL has no vaccination mandate. Hey, at least you can't bring your hunting rifle into the stadium, so that's progress. Probably.

But the NFL uses a strong weapon to motivate its teams to encourage responsible behaviour, if not outright double vaccinations. Money. Here it is in a nutshell:

The league sent a memo in July that said if a game cannot be played due to an outbreak among unvaccinated players and cannot be rescheduled during the season, the team with the outbreak will be credited with a loss in a forfeit. On top of that, no players -- from either team -- will be paid for the canceled game. The team with the outbreak will then have to cover financial losses and be subject to possible discipline from the league.

Now, we've all seen breaches in this policy. Not a lot, but breaches nonetheless. And arrogant twerps like Aaron Rodgers, star quarterback with Green Bay, suffering public humiliation and loss of sponsorship deals for being deceitful about his vaccination status. But most players in the NFL have now been properly vaccinated.

So what's the hold-up with Premier League making proper vaccination status mandatory to play? Don't want to get it? Hey, the league will do fine without you. Off. You. Pop.

With the Omicron variant taking hold - the latest in what will surely be an ongoing series - booster shots will be needed and should be made mandatory in order to play Premier League football. There's huge public health risks at stake here. To say nothing of the value of having high-profile athletes acknowledging they been fully vaxxed and you, John Bull, and you, Johnny Foreigner, should be fully jabbed as well.
What’s the hold up?…. Unlike US Sports UK sports are not franchised.

Wow. How has the 2nd best foootballer in the Universe missed that (in Sky Sports mind). You would have put your house on Silva scoring there.

That said, only delayed the inevitable as Foden scores instead seconds later

Brentford- Man Utd off tonight. At least we’re not the only team to have had games called off because of it. I doubt this will be the last of it either.

Dont see many neutrals asking for United to forfeit the match, or asking them to field the reserves, like they did when we cancelled v Brighton.

[QUOTE="DubSpur, post: 1528823, member: 10220"]I don't get the hype about Bielsa, he has to be the most naive manager going.
City cutting through them easily and he can't set Leeds up to defend properly.[/QUOTE]

Glad i am not the only one that believes that, never got the hype that surrounds him.

[QUOTE="DubSpur, post: 1528823, member: 10220"]I don't get the hype about Bielsa, he has to be the most naive manager going.
City cutting through them easily and he can't set Leeds up to defend properly.

Glad i am not the only one that believes that, never got the hype that surrounds him.[/QUOTE]

Well he managed to get Leeds promoted, something no one has done for what a decade? He's also kept them in the Prem. Not too shabby.

I don't get the hype about Bielsa, he has to be the most naive manager going.
City cutting through them easily and he can't set Leeds up to defend properly.

He seems quirky, and sits on a box. So that appears to excuse everything else in the media's eyes

Back