• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Henderson Winaljdum and Fabinho are quite a few levels above Sissoko and Winks!!! Blimey! Poch achieved amazing things here too compared to the level of team and the club pedigree he inherited.

I know you like to beat Poch with the lack of trophies but his period of success with us is looking more and more of an outlier to any thing before or since in the PL era. That's why I find it strange that Spurs fans dismiss his ability so easily

Whereas Liverpool had been winning trophies under successive managers and finishing top 4 before Klopp who, ok took them the final step in the PL. That club pedigree meant they could pay higher wages and attract better players in. Hence Klopp could sign the targets that were on Poch's wish list as well. A point well made by @DubaiSpur.

I think to discount Pep is also unfair. He has repeatedly built great teams, bottomless pit it may be but let's be honest neither Klopp nor Simeone have built their teams on shoe string budgets.

The point is they have/had a fairly average midfield trio compared to the rest of the team. Milner still gets a game occasionally FFS!

I am not entirely sure why you think I have it in for Poch. He’s a wonderful coach, but I think it’s silly to compare him to coaches who have won the biggest prizes in the game. The difference is I love Poch but still believe he has some flaws whereas you believe nothing that went wrong at spurs was ever his fault even partially or when we had the chance to win and go top and generally played poor even when up against the likes of West Ham and Bournemouth. Not teams with bigger squads and deeper resources as people often point out when we ask we Poch often failed the test repeatedly in semis and finals. I love the bloke but he was very fallible. I’d love him back but this GHod like status he has whereas even questioning him elicits the above response i just find puzzling.

Liverpool were a sleeping giant and were going to get it right eventually but they weren’t challenging for the big prizes until Klopp came along, since Rodgers briefly anyway.

What in your opinion does Poch need to do to be considered as good as pep, Simeone and Klopp? Or has he already surpassed them?

Last edited:
The point is they have/had a fairly average midfield trio compared to the rest of the team. Milner still gets a game occasionally FFS!

I am not entirely sure why you think I have it in for Poch. He’s a wonderful coach, but I think it’s silly to compare him to coaches who have won the biggest prizes in the game. The difference is I love Poch but still believe he has some flaws whereas you believe nothing that went wrong at spurs was ever his fault even partially or when we had the chance to win and go top and generally played poor even when up against the likes of West Ham and Bournemouth. Not teams with bigger squads and deeper resources as people often point out when we ask we Poch often failed the test repeatedly in semis and finals. I love the bloke but he was very fallible. I’d love him back but this GHod like status he has whereas even questioning him elicits the above response i just find puzzling.

Liverpool were a sleeping giant and were going to get it right eventually but they weren’t challenging for the big prizes until Klopp came along, since Rodgers briefly anyway.

What in your opinion does Poch need to do to be considered as good as pep, Simeone and Klopp? Or has he already surpassed them?
Don’t know where to begin with all that tbh.

Milner came from City and was an integral part of the Liverpool team that won under Klopp because he is pretty good and certainly as good a player as any Poch had at his disposal in the defensive midfield position and better than some of our AMs. I would have had him at Spurs and I believe we tried to sign him a couple of times but he turned us down. He dirty bastard but a fine player. Just the sort of spoiling player you need in a title winning team.

With respect mate, Not sure about the point you’re making about Fabinho, Henderson and Winaldum. Theyre not as good as the front three for sure but still are an important part of the link between attack defence. Fabinho is very good at breaking up play and Winaldum was fantastic at both breaking up play and scoring important goals. Far better than what we had and in fact he was a target for Poch but chose Liverpool because they could afford him. Plus he and Fabinho were both expensive Klopp buys when he had the pick of top quality midfielders. Fabinho was considered a coup when he signed for Liverpool. Sissoko was considered a liability from the start.

Liverpool came 2nd under Rodgers just 2 seasons before Klopp. They also won the champions league and came second under Benitez and pretty much qualified for the Champs league regularly. The last time Spurs finished 2nd people were still watching football in Black and White and we have never reached the European Cup final. Hell we had only qualified for the current tournament once before Poch. And haven’t since.

I don’t view anyone as a Ghod. Do I consider Poch a club legend? absolutely. I don’t like it when posters on here dismiss his achievements as meh. I don’t like the current narrative against Nuno tbh and I think it is too early to consider getting rid of him because he has a tough job. But given his struggles, given Mourinho’s given what has been achieved by every manager we have had other than Burkinshaw compared to Poch, I think he is pretty special. That is not strange surely. Did he have flaws? Of course every manager does, personally I think he pushed players too hard, but it’s hard to criticise given I have no clue what he was up against. As I said what has happened since he has left should give context about his “flaws. ”.

So no his achievements do not match up with Klopp's but tbh we are not comparing apples with apples here. Poch will probably win Ligue 1 but that will be dismissed as were his 2 trophies last season. You do seem to delight in pointing out his flaws though. Which is odd given what he has done for our club.

Last edited:
Ramsdale is having the game of his life. Makes a change for goalie not to be having it against us
I stopped watching at half-time hoping that might jinx the Goons but sounds like their lucky run is continuing.

Should’ve put Smith Rowe in my fantasy football team, he’d never have scored if I did!

Back