• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I think it will change, because the style of coaching for youngsters is slowly changing.

My lads U-14s just finished 2nd in their league and won the league cup, with a really flowing, passing style of football.

There are teams out there still who only know how to hoof it, but I've noticed a change.

The whole set up in this country in my opinion is poor and needs to be sorted.

You have under 10 or under 11 teams playing 11-a-side pitches. My opinion is that they shouldn't be. They should be playing small pitches, they should be playing on pitches which wont even allow them the long ball option, the only option is pass. In training, have an over head height rule, if you kick it over head height, you get a booking or a free kick to the other team etc.

The whole set up in this country in my opinion is poor and needs to be sorted.

You have under 10 or under 11 teams playing 11-a-side pitches. My opinion is that they shouldn't be. They should be playing small pitches, they should be playing on pitches which wont even allow them the long ball option, the only option is pass. In training, have an over head height rule, if you kick it over head height, you get a booking or a free kick to the other team etc.

It's happening.

At the moment, kids move straight from 7-a-side mini soccer to 11-a-side big pitches at under 11-s age group.. This will soon be broken up by 9-a-side levels on intermediate pitches, and 11-a-side games will start later.

O/T Rashidi Yekeni RIP

I am sure most of you will probably not recognise the name but he was an important striker in the Nigeian national team when we were the best team in Africa in the nineties. He died last week in Nigeria. You may recognise his iconic celebration during the 1994 WC (around 55 secs in the clip below)

[video=youtube;Omu3pUK3R1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omu3pUK3R1I[/video]

He was a beast who scored 91 goals in 108 matches for Vit??ria Set??bal and 37 goals in 58 matches for Nigeria

He was just 48, well "officially"

RIP

Last edited:
Sounds better. Glad to know it is happening. We might see the change in development players over the years then from pace and power to quick, pass and move.

Back