• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best film of the 80s - Planes, Trains and Automobiles v the Empire Strikes Back

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but if you take that away none of it works, Obi Wan isn't watching over Luke, who if he's just some guy, with the force or not, isn't on the planet Leia sends the droids to

Luke's struggle is to not repeat his fathers failure

It hangs like a stentch over the subsequent films. In spite of it, I don't mind ESB and it has got my vote over PT&A which is a pleasant distraction but little more.

The Empire Strikes Back goes through to the next round

giphy.gif

fudging hipsters disliking Empire just because people like it.

Is it hipster to not like films with talking animals?? I always think of lassie when Harrison Ford talks to that hairy dog-like creature....it's all so childish. With swishy light guns, come on

How can you do this, two of my favorite films of any decade.
Don't get the dislike for Steve Martin? This film plus 'The Jerk', '3 Amigos' and 'The Man with two brains' should be his legacy, not the recent crap!
Love PTAA but Empire shades it for me, favorite Star Wars film.

Don't get the dislike for Steve Martin? This film plus 'The Jerk', '3 Amigos' and 'The Man with two brains' should be his legacy, not the recent crap!

I haven't seen it for years but I really like LA Story

Dont forget the classic that is 'Dead men don't wear plaid'

Great film, loved the old b/w noir 'Holsten ad' look, worked so well but thought it may have been a bit of an unknown to count

Back