• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stevie Me Retires from International Football

Henry Winter @henrywinter · 16h
Gerrard said recently he'd played well for #eng only a handful of times. 5-1 + probably Austria 04, T&T 06, Andorra 07, Croatia 09, Poland 13

I think this is fair.

I said this before, I don't think any England player from the last 15 years or so can be considered a "great".

do you mean generally or just as an England player?

i'd definitely rate Beckham/Owen/Scholes as great

I meant just as an England player, sorry should have been more clear. For England, arguably the only one who comes close out of those 3 is Owen, wasn't just a flat track bully like Rooney or Peter Crouch, he scored against ALL of the top teams, especially in the knockout stages.

I just find the moniker "Stevie Me" hilarious :ross::ross::ross:

Everytime I read it makes me crack up! Where and when did this phrase originate from?
I assume Manure fans or from his England games, like the one where he passed the ball back against France to Henry in 2004?

the guardian I believe, the fiver, referring to his tendency to throw his managers tactics out the window and try and do it all himself

Jurgen, I'd say Becks was the standout England player of the last 20 years, also did it when it mattered, and more importantly when it really had to happen

I think it also stems from this image of him as a loyal Liverpool player when (as the story goes) he was desperate to leave for Chelsea but a visit by some local wiseguys tempered that idea.

Stupid really. One call to Roman and those Liverpool gangsters would be getting a nice visit from Boris and friends.

PAUL SCHOLES claims Steven Gerrard’s England career has been a failure.

Scholes insists Gerro should not be proud of his international achievements — because the Three Lions have flopped on the big stage.

I think it also stems from this image of him as a loyal Liverpool player when (as the story goes) he was desperate to leave for Chelsea but a visit by some local wiseguys tempered that idea.

Not for the first time some local bullies had their say on his lifestyle. He had to ask a local fixer to smooth things over at one point, it went to court.

PAUL SCHOLES claims Steven Gerrard’s England career has been a failure.

Scholes insists Gerro should not be proud of his international achievements — because the Three Lions have flopped on the big stage.

Good man. Looks like playing with Keane all those years has thought him to speak his mind without sugar coating it.

Back