• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Do it mate! iirc @glasgowspur does something similar, I can't remember if it's Air fix or possibly trains. It's hugely rewarding and as you say, great for clearing the head. I listen to either the GG podcast or Empire (which is always fascinating) whilst painting, if the budget allows for it and you can carve out the time you won't regret it. Ironically typed whilst looking at a screen I will say it's huge to have more hobbies that don't revolve around staring at screens. Not to judge too hard as it's just life these days but I worry about those folks who just work all day, go home veg out in front of the TV whilst on their phone to then to the same thing the next day, and the next, it's not much of a life imo.

Any hobby based around models can be rather expensive but its less money than what I used to spend on booze along with other recreational drugs and you have something to show at the end of it other than vague memories of arguments and a hangover!

No worries! Yeah I can see why people are into Lego, especially the big ol' centerpiece kits like a big fudge off millennium falcon or death star.

If there's already a Warhammer club then that's a great start, but also worth considering d&d, I've never played it but it's more of a workout for your imagination from what I understand. It's not surprising all of this stuff has come back in to vogue (not the magazine before anyone gets mixed up), great way to meet people and indirectly pick up all sorts of skills.

Never knew what d&d was until I watched big bang theory, that looks like so much fun.

Dnd hadn't played since I was in school. But watched a bit of critical role (voice actors playing the game on youtube). Thought I'd see if my mates wanted to play. The starter pack was £20 or so.
6 of us 40s to 60. Some never finished school. tinkled out of our nuts with some other drugs floating about. We all had a great time. 8 hours the first game. Went on for a couple of months.

Should do it again but being a dm can be hard work. Everyone being there is even harder. Life gets in the way.

I used to play for Sutton Wanderers (spent a season at Epsom Eagles before returning to Wanderers in a Robbie Keane "didn't work out" way )
Yes - so we were that league too - Epsom and Ewell. We were dominated by Carshalton but we did win the cup in 1982 at Epsom and Ewells pitch v Stoneleigh (I even scored)!

Apologies for parochial football chat!

Back