• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Are you serious? What obligation does the club have to disclose this to the fans so that you can move on? What about discretion? What about not tipping off upcoming opponents? What about not losing leverage in the transfer market?

He just wants closure :lol:

The club is handling this very poorly, they should let the fans know what the nature of the injury is. If it's an ACL, let us know, we'll accept he's out for the season and move on. If it's a meniscus injury, then there's a chance he'll be back in a couple of months.

Maybe this is due to being in the transfer window. The minute they announce he is out for the season/long term, the cost of any midfielder we look to buy now suddenly goes up as we become more desperate. OFC this is doing 1+1 = 3 but you never know.

He's out for between 2 months and 6 months at the least, not really gonna effect any upcoming games - the only way it affects our transfer policy is perhaps bringing Holtby early for 2 mill euros and keeping Livermore or not. Probably most of the players have heard what exactly the injury is, and they'll have told their mates in other clubs.

Similar thing happened with Romeau at Chelsea. Injured the Saturday, precautionary scan, hoped nothing serious, twitter rumours on the Sunday of meniscal surgery, club announced Monday he had ACL and meniscul surgery and was out for the season.

Looks like the season then:

Tottenham midfielder Sandro has undergone knee surgery after suffering a cruciate ligament and meniscus injury against Queens Park Rangers at the weekend.

Sandro, 23, has been in great form for the North London club this season, forming a great understanding with new signing Moussa Dembele, and has played a key part in helping Andre Vilas-Boas’s team to fourth in the Premier League table.

However, the injury he suffered at Loftus Road is likely to keep him out for the rest of the season and, after surgery in Barcelona, is ready to start his recovery straight away.

“It's a tricky time, I had a good run, evolving with the team this season,” the former Internacional midfielder told reporters.

“But it happened and cannot think about it for a long time. I know there are thousands who admire me and support me and I can only thank the messages of affection I have received these past few days.

“This will give me more strength to overcome, make a good recovery and return to play football.”

Sandro has also established himself in the Brazil national team, winning 16 caps so far, and was expected to be called up next month when new coach Luiz Felipe Scolari announces his first squad ahead of the friendly against England at Wembley.

I felt that Dembele was slightly limping for most of the QPR match, hence Mbia monstering him.

He's been limping for weeks - I'm concerned his hip problem is not getting better and we could be without both Dembele and Sandro

This will probably occur on February 2nd so we need to consider options IMO.

I think we are just managing Dembele hip problem the best we can until the end of the season, and then he will have an operation.(imo)

We are lucky we have someone like Parker to slot into Sandro's place. It's also a bonus that Parker is just coming back after missing the first half of the season, as he does have the habit of running himself into the ground. Maybe Livermore will get some minutes at suitable moments.

Needless to say but i would feel a whole bunch more confident (on all fronts) with Sandro around......he defines consistent and solid.

both cruciate ligament and meniscus tear? sounds really serious. whats the chances of a 100% recovery?

It's rather worrying because he did the meniscus in the same knee 18 months ago, which may explain why it went in a rather innocuous way. Just have to hope he comes back fully recovered by the start of next season. He may have issues with it the rest of his career though.

Again, where are people getting the 'Dembele is limping and injured' stuff from? My understanding was that he was delivered back to the club having had this injury taken care of. I know he has a hip issue but if it was as bad as him limping around and imminently needing surgery surely the club would have gone and done it?

Again, where are people getting the 'Dembele is limping and injured' stuff from? My understanding was that he was delivered back to the club having had this injury taken care of. I know he has a hip issue but if it was as bad as him limping around and imminently needing surgery surely the club would have gone and done it?

Like they did with Parker before he headed off to England Duty?

Or Walker near the end of last season when he had to play with a broken toe?

More likely that the club will try and delay any needed action until the summer break.

BA1O1d5CcAA-r2f.png

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery

both cruciate ligament and meniscus tear? sounds really serious. whats the chances of a 100% recovery?

The cruciate won't ever be 100%, but 95%. The meniscus isn't that serious.

It won't effect him as much as a nibble pacy player.

i am surprised so many see Holtby as a replacement for Sandro.
As I understand things, Holtby plays in a far more advanced, attacking role than Sandro.
I've see little to suggest he is a ball-winning defensive type of player. Tell me I'm wrong.

mate,

I thought I placed a post above which already did that...

Like they did with Parker before he headed off to England Duty?

Or Walker near the end of last season when he had to play with a broken toe?

More likely that the club will try and delay any needed action until the summer break.

Well it is very, very important we don't play him into the ground and I trust management is speaking with the board about this already...

Im in the same boat as a few others here - Dembele returned to the club with his fitness people saying he was at 100% - where does this hip stuff come from?

Im in the same boat as a few others here - Dembele returned to the club with his fitness people saying he was at 100% - where does this hip stuff come from?

He had the hip problem at Fulham, I read somewhere last week that we were going to manage his problem until the end of the season and then look at operating close season.

The cruciate won't ever be 100%, but 95%. The meniscus isn't that serious.

It won't effect him as much as a nibble pacy player.

This, though somewhere inbetween the two.

It's more about changes in direction than pace.

JJetset: Spoke with Sandro and his season is finished. We may bring the Holtby deal forward.

Back