• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp's Autobiography

Bosingwa: Redknapp is a "bit confused"
October 11, 2013
By ESPN staff

Jose Bosingwa has continued his war of words with Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp after declaring his former manager was “a bit confused”.

Redknapp and Bosingwa have a history of not seeing eye-to-eye with the QPR boss fining the former Portugal international two-weeks wages after refusing to sit on the bench last season.

And in his new book, Redknapp attacked the club's former defender and the high salary he was receiving.

“Rangers had players like Jose Bosingwa, who just six months earlier had won the Champions League final with Chelsea, but he wasn't going to give his all,” Redknapp wrote.

“I found out the extent of the problem after we beat Fulham and Bosingwa refused to sit on the subs bench. I'd had problem players in the past but I thought his attitude was disgraceful.

“I fined him two weeks' wages - and that was when I got the shock of my life when I found out how much he was on. Bosingwa's salary was ridiculous.”

However, Bosingwa, now with Turkish club Trabzonspor, said it was the club’s decision to hand him his salary package while taking a swipe at Redknapp who he believes was more concerned with matters off the field.

“I didn't force anyone to pay me the salary I earned,” he told Portuguese newspaper A Bola.

“They paid me what they judged was fair for a player that arrived for free from Chelsea, that had been one of the most used squad members in the previous season and had just won the Champions League.

“If you think the salary they paid me was high, why did they sign two more players on a higher wage than me?”

On Redknapp himself, he added: “How can you do technical analysis of players during the morning training session spending all of the time in the changing room doing deals with business people and rarely on the pitch?

“He's frustrated. He thinks he's a bit [like] Alex Ferguson, talks everyday, more than him, but there's a difference: in all his long career he's only won one trophy.

“He doesn't seem to know what he's saying. He's a bit confused. It could be age.”

-------------------------------------------

After all the years in football, it is funny that Redknapp has never learned when to keep his mouth shut. Now he has upset many people with his stupid book. Can see others come out to slam or even sue him due to his book.:lol:

Bosingwa: Redknapp is a "bit confused"
October 11, 2013
By ESPN staff

Jose Bosingwa has continued his war of words with Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp after declaring his former manager was “a bit confused”.

Redknapp and Bosingwa have a history of not seeing eye-to-eye with the QPR boss fining the former Portugal international two-weeks wages after refusing to sit on the bench last season.

And in his new book, Redknapp attacked the club's former defender and the high salary he was receiving.

“Rangers had players like Jose Bosingwa, who just six months earlier had won the Champions League final with Chelsea, but he wasn't going to give his all,” Redknapp wrote.

“I found out the extent of the problem after we beat Fulham and Bosingwa refused to sit on the subs bench. I'd had problem players in the past but I thought his attitude was disgraceful.

“I fined him two weeks' wages - and that was when I got the shock of my life when I found out how much he was on. Bosingwa's salary was ridiculous.”

However, Bosingwa, now with Turkish club Trabzonspor, said it was the club’s decision to hand him his salary package while taking a swipe at Redknapp who he believes was more concerned with matters off the field.

“I didn't force anyone to pay me the salary I earned,” he told Portuguese newspaper A Bola.

“They paid me what they judged was fair for a player that arrived for free from Chelsea, that had been one of the most used squad members in the previous season and had just won the Champions League.

“If you think the salary they paid me was high, why did they sign two more players on a higher wage than me?”

On Redknapp himself, he added: “How can you do technical analysis of players during the morning training session spending all of the time in the changing room doing deals with business people and rarely on the pitch?

“He's frustrated. He thinks he's a bit [like] Alex Ferguson, talks everyday, more than him, but there's a difference: in all his long career he's only won one trophy.

“He doesn't seem to know what he's saying. He's a bit confused. It could be age.”

-------------------------------------------

After all the years in football, it is funny that Redknapp has never learned when to keep his mouth shut. Now he has upset many people with his stupid book. Can see others come out to slam or even sue him due to his book.:lol:

...as you have quite rightly said, although obviously a man of talent, he has never known when to be quiet. Or when to focus on the prize at hand. Already he has been caught out a few times with these excerpts. Personally, I look forward to receiving my copy. He got my 17.99 or whatever it was, so good luck to him!

I still maintain he was set up and stitched up by the FA and Davis...we blew a massive, massive chance to be a world footballing power when Glenn was sacked. They laughed about what he did, and now most of it is a part of modern football. macarons.

So true,

I still maintain he was set up and stitched up by the FA and Davis...we blew a massive, massive chance to be a world footballing power when Glenn was sacked. They laughed about what he did, and now most of it is a part of modern football. macarons.

The press had a lot to do with it as well, Hoddle cut down the amount of acsess they had to the players for interviews and the like. The press did not like that at all and started the campaign against him, even worse they started telling everyone that KK was the messiah and should have the job and like idiots the FA and the fans fell for it. One of the reasons that Redknapp never had the chance of the England job was because the mess the last press favourite ( KK) made of it, the same would have happened with Redknapp.

it was a disgrace the way hoddle was treated, yes he has some bat**** crazy personal views, but they don't have any bearing on his ability as a football manager

it was a disgrace the way hoddle was treated, yes he has some bat**** crazy personal views, but they don't have any bearing on his ability as a football manager

Of course he has some bat**** crazy views, he's religious - what did they expect?

Are his views any more or less crazy than "There's some beardy dude on a cloud with the biggest ego you can imagine. He hears me when I talk to him but he never responds. He sometimes acts but only in a really imperceptible way so that you could never really know it was him. He impregnated a virgin then made us kill the offspring, he has all the power in the universe yet can only appear to us via leaky statues situated next to/below leaky pipes in churches run by mentals"

I don't think so.

Compared to Hodgson, Harry did deserve the job on footballing grounds. I have no doubt he would have got better results and peformances from England this last 18 months too. But his big mouth has always let him down and he has kissed goodbye whatever tiny chance still remained of ever getting the job.

I don't think footballing grounds ever came into it. The FA are broke, the ruled Harry out based on what Levy would demand in compensation. They had a shortlist of one based on what they could afford.

We did OK against Holland too in 1990, but you're right. Other than that we were poor which is an embarrassment when you look at the players. I'd say 1986 was even worse. In 1986 we had a potentially great team. Yes Argentina had Maradona, but we had a far better team. We completely blew it.

Under Clough we would have had more flair and I do believe we would have been far more competitive in 86, 88 and 90 had he stuck around that long. The talent pool from that era was freakishly good like it is for Spain now or it was for France 15 years ago. It really was a massively missed opportunity.

People talk about Rooney being the most talented English player at the moment but I can safely say that the likes of Lineker, Barnes, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Waddle, Beardsley, Robson were all higher quality than he is. And they were all around at the same time. And I said at the time that I felt Sheringham should have been at Italia 90. Steve ****ing Bull. Unbelievable decision. Right up there with Sven's Walcott moment.

Yes, England were turgid for most of Robson's time in the 80's and 1990 World Cup; I remember us struggling against all sorts of minnows, playing terrible stuff, scratching a win or draw with a Lineker scuffer from 4 yards and moving on to the next team for a dire match. He kept refusing to play Gazza, playing the likes of Neil Webb instead... then he unleashed Gazza and we looked different class.

But don't write off Woolly Bully, he did OK when he got chances; 4 goals in 13 for England and 271 goals in 504 league matches wasn't bad and was a breath of fresh air compared to that pansy Alan Sniffer Smith.

Of course he has some bat**** crazy views, he's religious - what did they expect?

Are his views any more or less crazy than "There's some beardy dude on a cloud with the biggest ego you can imagine. He hears me when I talk to him but he never responds. He sometimes acts but only in a really imperceptible way so that you could never really know it was him. He impregnated a virgin then made us kill the offspring, he has all the power in the universe yet can only appear to us via leaky statues situated next to/below leaky pipes in churches run by mentals"

I don't think so.

Amen

As I stated elsewhere, I am always astonished when people release autobiographies before they retire. What parts do you think he may be sued for? I am actually surprised how contrite and humble he is in a lot of it, happily admitting where he got things wrong or did things wrong.

Steve Bull was absolutely brilliant. But he was hardly a shoe in, was he capped when in div3?

The press had a lot to do with it as well, Hoddle cut down the amount of acsess they had to the players for interviews and the like. The press did not like that at all and started the campaign against him, even worse they started telling everyone that KK was the messiah and should have the job and like idiots the FA and the fans fell for it. One of the reasons that Redknapp never had the chance of the England job was because the mess the last press favourite ( KK) made of it, the same would have happened with Redknapp.

I think that's very true, and plays into my theory that Davis knew exactly what the Times guy was up to and was happy to see it all go down/get out...the FA blew it. That man could compete on a world level. The 0-0 draw in Italy was a tactical masterclass, and some of the football we played in 98 was great...he was onto something was Glennda...

As I stated elsewhere, I am always astonished when people release autobiographies before they retire. What parts do you think he may be sued for? I am actually surprised how contrite and humble he is in a lot of it, happily admitting where he got things wrong or did things wrong.

I stuck up a lot for him on this board over the last couple of years as did you. But I must say my opinion of him has changed since this book, I always suspected he took his eye of the ball during his last few months at the club and he doesn't acknowledge or accept any accountablity for it from the quotes I have seen. Has your opinion of him changed? I'm interested to know. I still thank him for what he did for us on the pitch though.

I stuck up a lot for him on this board over the last couple of years as did you. But I must say my opinion of him has changed since this book, I always suspected he took his eye of the ball during his last few months at the club and he doesn't acknowledge or accept any accountablity for it from the quotes I have seen. Has your opinion of him changed? I'm interested to know. I still thank him for what he did for us on the pitch though.

I think it's massive of you to acknowledge that mate. Seriously. Many will feel the same as you but won't be able to say it. Much respect indeed.

As someone who got very upset at precisely what you've said above, I can only say that once I receive the book I feel it will sadly underscore all I felt and heard/knew...the biggest tragedy of it is that again, had he kept his eye on one prize at a time, i genuinely feel he could've got silverware with us. It would most likely have been on a short-term Pompey-type basis (as in experienced players/not a platform plan for long-term future) but it might well have happened.

I think it's massive of you to acknowledge that mate. Seriously. Many will feel the same as you but won't be able to say it. Much respect indeed.

As someone who got very upset at precisely what you've said above, I can only say that once I receive the book I feel it will sadly underscore all I felt and heard/knew...the biggest tragedy of it is that again, had he kept his eye on one prize at a time, i genuinely feel he could've got silverware with us. It would most likely have been on a short-term Pompey-type basis (as in experienced players/not a platform plan for long-term future) but it might well have happened.

It was a fecking tragedy how that season ended. After we got rid of Crouch we went on a phenomenal run.
Defoe scores v City who knows but Harry has to take the blame.

It was a fecking tragedy how that season ended. After we got rid of Crouch we went on a phenomenal run.

We would have been 3 points behind Emirates Marketing Project in late January. We were well and truly in a title race at that point. That defeat hurt even more than the 5-2 drubbing against Scum.

That first half at City was so cautious. When we let the dogs out second half we murdered them...still feel we were absolutely ****ed by the ref TWICE in that game (Balotelli but also Lescott shoving Kaboul in the face - a CLEAR red card)...yes...most painful painful painful end of a season I remember...

I couldn't be 100% sure but I always suspected it was the case, his comments have confirmed what I thought was true.

I still maintain he was our best manager since Venables. I realise he had a better squad than most of our managers have had in the Premier League era, but I think people twist/distort the facts regarding just how much of a mess we were in when he took over. Ramos was playing our best defender in Europe, which meant he couldn't play in the league games due to his chronic knee condition. Redknapp put a stop to that nonsense as soon as he came in. He steadied the ship, gave us more steel and we finished the season respectfully. The way some people go on on here you'd think Steve Kean could have done the same job. Then we finished 4th in his first full season. Don't get me wrong, we had the squad to do it, but Spurs were a bit of a laughing stock over the last 15 years, I never believed we could get 4th largely because of our mentality. Even now AVB has a big job on his hands to try and turn us into winners, it won't happen overnight, you only get the mentality once you've won.

Back to my main point, if he had held his hands up and said I got carried away with media frenzy that went into overdrive when my name was mentioned as the next England manager, I wanted the England job so desperately I got sidetracked and it lead to a dip in form for Spurs despite my best efforts to finish on a high. I could have accepted it and forgiven him somewhat. I don't want to be a profit of doom, but that season could have repurcussions for years to come. Arsenal may have reclaimed their place in the Champions League last season anyway, we'll never know.

Back