• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

What's the deal with that? Why is he lashing out now?

Because it’s so unnecessary IF it had been ‘planned and debated’ properly, we could have left or stayed without all the smoke and mirrors from Fox, Boris, Gove and the rest!

Last edited:
Because it’s so unnecessary IF it had been ‘planned and debated’ properly, we could have left or stayed with all the smoke and mirrors.

Stop being naive: the EU do not want the UK to leave - hence why the Tusked one is now lashing out because despite everything, the UK still looks like it will leave despite their and the remoaner clique's best efforts...
Debates have been had ad finitum

What's the deal with that? Why is he lashing out now?

Because it looks like the UK, the 3rd biggest net contributor to the EU coffers will actually leave and may even leave with no-deal.

The Irish government wants the EU to provide 'compensation' funds in the event of no-deal as much of their agricultural industries will lose money is they can't trade freely with the UK as it does now. More money out from their coffers.

Hence he is cheesed off...

Because it looks like the UK, the 3rd biggest net contributor to the EU coffers will actually leave and may even leave with no-deal.

The Irish government wants the EU to provide 'compensation' funds in the event of no-deal as much of their agricultural industries will lose money is they can't trade freely with the UK as it does now. More money out from their coffers.

Hence he is cheesed off...

This and all rest of post here are too late.
These valid reasons/arguments should have been discussed/debated BEFORE the vote!

This and all rest of post here are too late.
These valid reasons/arguments should have been discussed/debated BEFORE the vote!

It's just so complex.

One thing that isn't complex: the benifits of Brexit. They could be noted quickly as they are so few, though there might be more complexity proving they are actual benifits.

It's just so complex.

One thing that isn't complex: the benifits of Brexit. They could be noted quickly as they are so few, though there might be more complexity proving they are actual benifits.

It was a convenient mess which Boris and co used expertly

Last edited:
Taking no deal off the table is akin to cancelling Brexit. The spirit of Brexit is walking away, having a deal is what is preferred, but no-deal is the fall-back position.

The interesting thing about the teleconference call is it blows away the idea that big corporate lobby interest groups are not equally involved in trying to keep Britain in the EU and try to exert as much power on what really goes on politically as any 'Russian clickbot'/Aaron Banks/Murdoch whoever is accused of 'causing Brexit'

Can't say I read every word, but didn't seem to me like the headline was backed up in the text. Hammon seemed to say there isn't parlimentry support for no deal exit. Did he actually say the government would take it off the table?

Are you aware of what the implications of a no deal exit are for the UK? Do they concern you?

There is a misnomer that somehow hanging onto no deal strengthens our position. It doesn't. First off, the EU understands the implications for the UK. So it doesn't strengthen our hand pretending we're planning for no deal. Secondly it is an immature negotiating position to take. If we want a deal with the EU at this late stage, then it is far more conducive to be open and honest (they know the reality so there is no pulling the wool over their eyes anyway). They have been open to our proposals and just as you would be more open to someone approaching you with honesty to negotiate, so will they.

Final question: Boris voted down Mays exit deal while Gove voted for it. Both where leaders of the Leave campain. Both apparently represent Leaving the EU. Who was right and who really represents Leave?

Last edited:
Tusk says those who backed/peddled Brexit with no plan deserve 'special place in hell‘.

Spot on!

I’d turn the thermostat up to full on the bastards!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wasted on me!

I’m don’t give a toss about the result, I’m fuming with lack of any proper informed debate prior to the vote.
You have been as shabbily treated by the badly implemented vote and process as everybody else. It’s a mess. There was no policy/manifesto published by either side prior to the vote or was that as I suspect by design.

Last edited:
Wasted on me!

I’m don’t give a toss about the result, I’m fuming with lack of any proper informed debate prior to the vote.
You have been as shabbily treated by the badly implemented vote and process as everybody else. It’s a mess. There was no policy/manifesto published by either side prior to the vote or was that as I suspect by design.

Just that Tusk looks like the Green Goblin from Spider-Man

The debate on the EU has been going on for 40 years. Labour campaigned to leave in the 1983 general election. It split the Tory party through the mids 90s. I wouldn't have though many people could say they didn't know the arguments. All that happened this decade was the Europhobes in society increase from somewhere in the 40%s to over 50%. It's been a decades-long process, like the coming nationalist majority in NI.

Wasted on me!

I didn't understand it fully before, but there is a right wing print media ‘mafia’ in this country. Despite new media, the power of the papers is still there. They are still fundamental to how our views are formed and influenced, especially in older generations.

Barclay Brothers. Murdoch. Paul Desond.

Between them they control swaths of the UK press. All of them are anti-EU and use their businesses to put accross their personal opinion.

An interesting question: does a future Prime Ministers have to court the above media moguls? Blair did. Met with Murdoch, kept Desmond close even accepting donations from him. To some that might show a lack of ethics, but at the time, when politics was more ballanced I'd say it was pragmatic. Fighting the papers takes too much, if they are against you, they will hound and destroy. The same is true for the EU. For decades these newspapers have hounded and villified europe. Trade deals or pollution targets don't make for great copy. But hunting the EU, talking about the EU telling us what shape our bananas should be (not true) was great copy! Jonny forigner telling us what to do. It appeals to a natural us and them thing all humans have.

So if we are looking at how the debate has been formed in the UK around the EU, there are 3 business owners - media moguls - who used their position to help shape and control the debate. Do we have a free media? No. No such thing.

Last edited:
Back