• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I was talking more about the obvious infighting, chaotic communications and the complete tone deafness regarding the look of years of criticising Boris Johnson's wall paper, tory party donations and holidays at mates houses only to get in power and basically do exactly the same stuff. Even saw Jess Philips today saying that scrutiny of Victoria Starmer financial activity should be off limits when she and many others argued the opposite in respect of Rishi Sunak's wife. The complete incompetence of effectively relying on a "we are not the tories and we won't act like them" to get in and then rubbing the British public's face in it straight away is breathtaking to watch and as per most political analysts I don't think the average British voter will forget it quickly.
The average British voter will forget it if Labour manage to turn around the things that are important to them. Labour, for all their mis steps still have a long way to go before they reach an equivalence with the Tories for the damage they inflicted on the country. That's definitely not something the British people will forget.

The average British voter will forget it if Labour manage to turn around the things that are important to them. Labour, for all their mis steps still have a long way to go before they reach an equivalence with the Tories for the damage they inflicted on the country. That's definitely not something the British people will forget.

Exactly, the Tories in the last guise were the biggest joke I have ever seen politically, it was not even funny. The number of leaders, the back stabbing, the leaving the prisons in such a state knowing it would fall on Labour to sort, the NHS, Covid, the contracts, the 24hr budget that ruined the economy. I mean 12 years which had the worse last 4/5 years I have seen YET people are jumping up and down at Labour within a few months. Get a grip...............

Exactly, the Tories in the last guise were the biggest joke I have ever seen politically, it was not even funny. The number of leaders, the back stabbing, the leaving the prisons in such a state knowing it would fall on Labour to sort, the NHS, Covid, the contracts, the 24hr budget that ruined the economy. I mean 12 years which had the worse last 4/5 years I have seen YET people are jumping up and down at Labour within a few months. Get a grip...............

So you are saying it's like when Poch lost at home to Stoke in early November 2014, coming on the back of Sherwood?

This is actually IMO their big mistake: labour won't turn around much as there is very little to actually turn around. This is what I mean about the negativity- unemployment is pretty much at record lows, wages have been rising rapidly, the housing market is booming, on pretty much every metric you care to mention there is very little to eek out more in terms of economic performance and in fact the last year has seen a desperate series of measures put in place in the form of record tax hikes and interest rate rises in order to try and stifle consumer and business spending and clamp down on inflation. The economc inheritance far from being the worst since the war is probably one of the most robust inherited in terms of direction of travel particularly.

Things are unlikely to be able to feel much better for the average voter and in fact there's a lot of scope for them to feel worse with mismanagement/mistakes. I really think telling everyone that everything is extraordinarily cr** but don't worry, the adults are in charge now and we will sort it is dangerous, when there's very little scope to actually deliver improvements and also when you've spent the first few months in power stuffing donors money in your pockets, partying, going to concerts and fighting amongst each other.

That big majority on paper is actually wafer thin. If they get the next few years wrong it could evaporate very rapidly.

Wow, I think he is the first guy that's been banned in the 10 years I've been on here.
There was a definite anger issue, maybe needs to go hug a tree.

I was going to say, with respect to our moderator overlords I didn't know it was possible to get banned on here tbh! Especially given that the guy who runs it is the one who most fits the description of a WUM and wears the badge proudly.

I've had a couple of spells where an enforced digital time out (at least) would have been completely justified so I will acknowledge potential hypocrisy of moaning about people being feisty but fudge me that guy was taking it to new levels - I suppose it's a reminder that it's for the most part a pretty reasonable place to have a chat, it has been a bit odd with new posters of late.

Last edited:
I was going to say, with respect to our moderator overlords I didn't know it was possible to get banned on here tbh! Especially given that the guy who runs it is the one who most fits the description of a WUM and wears the badge proudly.

I've had a couple of spells where an enforced digital time out (at least) would have been completely justified so I will do acknowledge potential hypocrisy of moaning about people being feisty but fudge me that guy was taking it to new levels - I suppose it's a reminder that it's for the most part a pretty reasonable place to have a chat, it has been a bit odd with new posters of late.

That person was scary. And yes, I agree, this is a very reasonable debate and discussion parlour usually.

Yeah good call whoever did that. There's usually lots of respectful disagreement on here and the last week or so was the first time ive seen a souring of that.

Now do we reckon it was a real person? Or a Russian AI trying to undermine western society?

He actually reminded me of Trump a bit, in that he made some decent points for discussion but they were surrounded by utter nonsense. Runs for cover....

He actually reminded me of Trump a bit, in that he made some decent points for discussion but they were surrounded by utter nonsense. Runs for cover....
It's strange how some people don't understand that the message may be totally lost by how you present it.
I didn't agree with much, if any, of what he said, but how he articulated it just made him out to be a total clam.

I've had a couple of spells where an enforced digital time out (at least) would have been completely justified so I will acknowledge potential hypocrisy of moaning about people being feisty but fudge me that guy was taking it to new levels - I suppose it's a reminder that it's for the most part a pretty reasonable place to have a chat, it has been a bit odd with new posters of late.

We've all been there, this can be a bit of a safe space at times for the regulars to vent in.
I think we are all "know" each other well enough to see when someone is having a bad time or when certain unexpected buttons have been pushed.
We know the good guys, we know the wums, the misguided and the couple to avoid.
Wouldn't change this forum for the world.

Back