• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I’m talking about those in a great situation, who have kids, then have to deal with a brickfest that drastically alters their financial state. It happens to people every day.

This pandemic alone has devastated entire industries in a couple of months. Every situation is unique and it’s unfair to judge others based on incomplete data.

I agree there

I’m talking about a different situation

Might be pay back for the debacle of the courts trying to stop brexit. Rumours were that cummings wanted revenge on them for that.

Revenge is a dish best served cold so they say.

Dare I respond... here goes... (i dont know why i'm doing this..)

We have laws in the UK and it was found, in court, that the rules the Government was trying to utilise were not legal. I really think we need to wind back on this 'Judges trying to stop Brexit' perspective. There's laws, and they have to opine and follow on the law. Now our Parliament can change laws, but then they have to do exactly that, change laws and pass them in Parliament.

Really a dangerous precedent of pitting people against judges as was evidenced in Germany in the 40s...

We have laws in the UK and it was found, in court, that the rules the Government was trying to utilise were not legal. I really think we need to wind back on this 'Judges trying to stop Brexit' perspective. There's laws, and they have to opine and follow on the law. Now our Parliament can change laws, but then they have to do exactly that, change laws and pass them in Parliament.

Really a dangerous precedent of pitting people against judges as was evidenced in Germany in the 40s...

No your wrong

Is that the time when the courts took a non-justiciable matter, declared it justiciable and then ruled on it because they thought they knew better than the electorate?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over a government painting people like that as the bad guys.

Thankfully we have a parliamentary system and not a Presidential one and that Parliament is packed full enough of people that understand and respect due process, so the will of a tyrannical few will not succeed.
The judiciary and civil service are also equally steeped in civic duty, not subterfuge.

Might be pay back for the debacle of the courts trying to stop brexit. Rumours were that cummings wanted revenge on them for that.

Revenge is a dish best served cold so they say.

So fudge up our legal system a bastion of what makes the country great, so Cummings can get revenge for the courts doing their jobs and preventing Bojo and his bag of d icks steam rolling over parliament (parliament (not necessarily the politicians there in) another bastion of what makes this country great).

I fully accept Brexit will happen now and I hope it works out for the best.

But the way Brexiteers (not necessarily you) seem so blinkered by their hatred of the imaginary evil of the EU they are willing to destroy the very foundations of this country... that smells like treason to me.

So fudge up our legal system a bastion of what makes the country great, so Cummings can get revenge for the courts doing their jobs and preventing Bojo and his bag of d icks steam rolling over parliament (parliament (not necessarily the politicians there in) another bastion of what makes this country great).

I fully accept Brexit will happen now and I hope it works out for the best.

But the way Brexiteers (not necessarily you) seem so blinkered by their hatred of the imaginary evil of the EU they are willing to destroy the very foundations of this country... that smells like treason to me.

Agree with quite a bit there. Problem is i think the judges made a rod for their own backs trying anything to stop brexit.

The result was a general election with a massive majority for the guy pitting himself against them. Would be no surprise if it left boris and Cummings embolden really.

As ever in this posts i feel the need to say i did not vote in the last election and if we do leave the EU and no one tries to take as back in then i shall vote labour again.

Ps the eu is evil.

Would also add this country is not right wing. With the biggest financial crisis(2008) in our history at that point they could not get a majority.

A big majority for them last time but that was because of a one off lending of votes from our friends in the north.

Once we are out we will have centre or centre left governments going forward. The people of this country are not racists tacos like America.

Look at Farage a man i thank for bringing the fight public and mainstream but am hugely dissatisfied with for cosying up to Trump. Anyway je stood for parliament 3 times in strong UKIP areas and still could not get elected.

Farage is a protester but that is all he will ever be. Not someone you want with any power.

Have faith in this country that if we leave and Starmer does try to take us back in he will walk the next election.

Back