• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham v Brighton

I am pleased Dier has been dropped. Perhaps this is Jose’s interpretation of my suggestion to have Tanganga and Rodon flanking Toby in a back 3!

Interesting, and mildly surprised, that Dier has been dropped.
Looking forward to seeing Bale start / earn his wages :)

Coommmee on yooooou Spuuurs...

He’s saying to Doherty I’d rather play a centre back or midfielder ahead of you, yet I’ll put you on the bench because Aurier is on then naughty step.
Vincius joins the list of back up target man not seen fit to replace Kane when he is injured ahead of Son. Said before I think it weakens two position doing that.

When people say we have a good squad they should look at Chelsea and Liverpool today. Chelsea rotated both full backs and both delivered. We have one injury in defence and next game the wheels fall off. Now we have players playing out of position (Davies also not a natural WB). I’m really not a fan of the 3 at the back. We gain nothing going forward really and still get errors at the back.

Odd to drop Dier imo. Mourinho stuck with him this time last season when he wasn't playing all that well, and Dier came good. I guess Mourinho has to show its a meritocracy? But then Rondon fuked up too last game. Personally would have put faith in Dier unless he just looked tired and in need of a rest.

Mourinho is repeating what Poch did which was not stick to his best side. Of course, this is somewhat enforced. But what we need is stability and development of our midfield play. We won't get that today with a patched-up side.

Still great to see what Bale can do in a proper business game.

Agree - prefer him left. Think Jose was covering himself - letting us all know he’d rather do it differently (Bale up top) but Bale wasn’t up for it.
I feel this is why it’s unfair to label Jose a coach that solely parks the bus. Sometimes it has to get it moving too , so he can throw players under it...

BBCs guess at formation:

0f0aca2f-93e4-4bc8-8856-bcf3d3ff78fe.png

I would like it to be this, but have a feeling Son will be upfront instead.

Bale and Sissoko on the same flank would be *interesting*

Back