• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

It really wouldn't.

If it would help us finish up our own stadium and allow us to have it ready for the start of a season, instead of the start of the next, it would be an intelligent move.

My fear would be giving up the home advantage factor for those games. Cant underestimate the value of playing on your home turf.
Might be worth the Club seeing if they could switch the last 1 or 2 home games of the preceeding season, so say our last home match is late April, then see if we could start with 3 away games so that our first home game of the following season is after the international break in September.
That gives the Contractor an extra 6 maybe 7 weeks to work without any matchday disruption. That could make all the difference

Nah we want to start the season with the first game at home in the new stadium, get the season of to a buzz

Nah we want to start the season with the first game at home in the new stadium, get the season of to a buzz

In an ideal world, yes. But its whether the contrators have enough time between the seasons to complete enough of the work for it to be safe enough for the Club to hold a game

My fear would be giving up the home advantage factor for those games. Cant underestimate the value of playing on your home turf.
Might be worth the Club seeing if they could switch the last 1 or 2 home games of the preceeding season, so say our last home match is late April, then see if we could start with 3 away games so that our first home game of the following season is after the international break in September.
That gives the Contractor an extra 6 maybe 7 weeks to work without any matchday disruption. That could make all the difference

I see your point. But it gets a bit complicated when your home field would be a new home field that you haven't played on (as they are moving the pitch), with a half completed stadium around of you.

The monetary value of the move would be vast. partly from the wembley seats and facilities. Partly because we'd be able to move into our own fully furnished stadium sooner..

It's difficult to compare to be honest.

I see your point. But it gets a bit complicated when your home field would be a new home field that you haven't played on (as they are moving the pitch), with a half completed stadium around of you.

The monetary value of the move would be vast. partly from the wembley seats and facilities. Partly because we'd be able to move into our own fully furnished stadium sooner..

It's difficult to compare to be honest.

Good point too. Effectively we'll playing on a almost neutral venue for the first few games in the new stadium until the players, and fans alike, feel like it truly is our new home.

This is why its a real shame we couldnt find a viable way to extend the current WHL. Seems like Liverpool have now found a way to increase Anfield, and I would have said they were in a similar environment to us

The crowd us is a big part of the home advantage. The size and surface of most modern stadia won't be too different (except Wembley which has terrible surface for some reason).

People talked about Arsenal losing home advantage on the larger pitch at the Emirates, but it was only a yard or so wider.

The Emirates feels so much different because of the huge gap between the first seats and the pitch. I think it's 18 metres behind the goals. Gives Arsenal fans time to get their notepads or business papers out of the way of stray shots.

I agree with Spursalot about trying to get the stadium construction done as promptly as possible by using Wembley. The extra seats and suites at Wembley will offer Spurs a chance to do some creative marketing and perhaps offer lower-priced tickets in certain sections to help get in fans, especially families, who might otherwise not get into WHL. As for 'home-ground advantage', Wembley certainly looked and sounded like Spurs own place when we beat Chelsea in the League Cup.

By getting the new stadium fully built asap, it lets it open with a real flourish and allows Spurs to begin collecting all of their increased revenue from the earliest possible moment. Once it's done and operational, all the better to serve plans to re-vitalize the district around it, i.e., attract investment.

Last edited:

It would be very useful for the club to see what kind of demand there is for tickets and what prices fans will pay. Kids are obviously the future and a West Ham style £1 charge may reap big dividends in the future.

good point there

As told by my niece this weekend who started her first year in grammar school which is mixed. In her form of 31, twenty four were Arsenal fans, three strangely were Liverpool and none were Tottenham. School is south of the river in Bexley about 4 miles from the Queen Elizabeth bridge.

Cannot be because they win silverware as they are trophyless in the past 6 years, so must be because they appear on ITV's champions league coverage or these kids are able to get tickets for games. That or the whole media coverage of the game is too geared into the champions league teams.

I really would like the Premier League to do a study on 10 to 13 year olds to see who they support. I think its important that if the EPL is to stay healthy then fans need to identify more than just Champions League teams. The school is not that far from Charlton Athletic (3 miles) and not one single person in her form supports Charlton Athletic.

Surely it has to be a worry.

Last edited:

The crowd us is a big part of the home advantage. The size and surface of most modern stadia won't be too different (except Wembley which has terrible surface for some reason).

People talked about Arsenal losing home advantage on the larger pitch at the Emirates, but it was only a yard or so wider.

What??? I played on it as part of a charity event and the pitch is incredible. It was actually better than when I did FootballAid at Spurs... although admittedly the WHL pitch had just finished a seasons worth of games whereas Wembley hadn't.

I kow it's all in theory, but I can't believe that a Charlie Sale piece is getting any kind of attention. The guy is the footballing equivalent of Now magazine.

No worthwhile football content, mostly writes about gossip that he picks up from events.

Can't see how moving to Wembley could work with their other events, and will the Olympic Stadium even be ready for football by then?

What??? I played on it as part of a charity event and the pitch is incredible. It was actually better than when I did FootballAid at Spurs... although admittedly the WHL pitch had just finished a seasons worth of games whereas Wembley hadn't.

it was relaid after complaints, several years ago, and no complaints since.

it was relaid after complaints, several years ago, and no complaints since.

Yep, that was when they changed from turf to a desso. These days it's a great surface.

As told by my niece this weekend who started her first year in grammar school which is mixed. In her form of 31, twenty four were Arsenal fans, three strangely were Liverpool and none were Tottenham. School is south of the river in Bexley about 4 miles from the Queen Elizabeth bridge.

Cannot be because they win silverware as they are trophyless in the past 6 years, so must be because they appear on ITV's champions league coverage or these kids are able to get tickets for games. That or the whole media coverage of the game is too geared into the champions league teams.

I really would like the Premier League to do a study on 10 to 13 year olds to see who they support. I think its important that if the EPL is to stay healthy then fans need to identify more than just Champions League teams. The school is not that far from Charlton Athletic (3 miles) and not one single person in her form supports Charlton Athletic.

You cant force people to support certain teams though!

It's because they know their history and are close to Woolwich. :)

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/5044336.article?origin=BDdaily

A decision on the new tenant for the Olympic Stadium has been postponed.

Last month BD revealed that the cost of turning the 2012 stadium into a new home for West Ham would be £160 million with taxpayers footing most of the bill. The football club is understood to have offered less than £10 million towards the conversion. Three other bids, including plans to host Formula One races, have been tabled.

News of the delay comes as a European Commission inquiry into state aid for football threatens to stall the decision on a new tenant even further.

EC director-general for competition Alexander Italianer has sent a letter to all member states setting out five main areas of inquiry to highlight instances of football being illegally subsidised by taxpayers. According to the Times, the government has until December 1 to respond.

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/5044336.article?origin=BDdaily

A decision on the new tenant for the Olympic Stadium has been postponed.

Last month BD revealed that the cost of turning the 2012 stadium into a new home for West Ham would be £160 million with taxpayers footing most of the bill. The football club is understood to have offered less than £10 million towards the conversion. Three other bids, including plans to host Formula One races, have been tabled.

News of the delay comes as a European Commission inquiry into state aid for football threatens to stall the decision on a new tenant even further.

EC director-general for competition Alexander Italianer has sent a letter to all member states setting out five main areas of inquiry to highlight instances of football being illegally subsidised by taxpayers. According to the Times, the government has until December 1 to respond.

The OS has been a catastrophe for London taxpayers. It needs to be sold to the highest bidder.

The OS has been a catastrophe for London taxpayers. It needs to be sold to the highest bidder.

But the legacy, won't somebody think of the legacy?

But the legacy, won't somebody think of the legacy?

The legacy is a huge loss for the taxpayer. A stadium that was built without any consideration of it's future use.

Exactly what they said they would try to avoid.

The legacy is a huge loss for the taxpayer. A stadium that was built without any consideration of it's future use.

Exactly what they said they would try to avoid.

The Olympics, as the WC, is highly profitable. Problem is that the IOC, or FIFA, take most of the profits and the organizing country have to pay for them.

Back