• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

As we mentioned yesterday, Tottenham Hotspur finally moved into their new training facility. The new site, which is apparently called Hotspur Way, drew rave reviews from the players and staff. As mentioned yesterday, I think the name Hotspur Way is silly. I will hence forth be referring to the training center as either Bulls Cross (the facilities location) or King's Landing (as suggested by Alec Kamas of the commentariate). If that causes any confusion, well, too bad.

Here's a little sampling of what the lads had to say about King's Landing. We'll start with Michael Dawson:

"The lads are coming here excited. It’s fresh, everything’s new. When you look at the facilities, there aren’t that many better. Everything from the changing room to the canteen is very special, and an awful lot of work has gone into it by a lot of people. The lads are buzzing to be here and to have the opportunity to experience the quality that’s here.

"The gym looks out to the training pitches – where you aim to be when you are injured," he said.

"It gives you a goal, makes you hungry to be back out there, where you want to be. When you can see it, that’s what you are working towards. It’s somewhere I don’t want to spend much time, out here on the training pitch is where I want to be, enjoying it and working hard."

That’s exactly what he intends to do as he fights for a place in team.

"I wanted to stay and fight for my place, as simple as that," he added. "Everyone knows it, the manager knows it, I’ve been at Tottenham for seven-and-a-half years, it’s where I love playing my football and I want to be back playing."

More from the rest of the players after the jump.

Aaron Lennon had quite a bit to say about King's Landing. Here's just a sampling:

"It really is an incredible place. I’ve trained at the training grounds of most of the big clubs while with England and none of them come close to this. I’m walking around here and I can’t believe that this is our workplace, our training facility. It’s fantastic that the club has made this happen...This training centre is not only going to improve us as a team but it will benefit players at every level at the club...The lads can do so much more here in terms of gym work, conditioning and rehab as well and the pitches are perfect for playing football on."

Emmanuel Adebayor even took time to laud the club's new digs:

"I’ve had the chance to play at Real Madrid, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project and for me, this is one of the best training grounds in Europe, no doubt about that."

Everyone around the club seems incredibly excited about the new facility. I have to say that just looking at it makes me excited. Remember the live shots of Spurs Lodge from Sky Sports News on Deadline Day? That place looked like a municipal building. One of those places where snowplow drivers hang out in between shifts. The new place looks modern and awesome. It seems like all the players are excited to get to work at King's Landing.

from the OS

HOTSPUR WAY TAKES LADS' BREATH AWAY

Posted 13 September 2012 10:26am

Our players have spoken in glowing terms about the club's new Training Centre - Hotspur Way in Enfield.

The lads trained for the first time at the fantastic new facility on Wednesday afternoon.

Michael Dawson, now the club’s longest-serving player and Club Captain, summed it up in one word - ‘special’.

Aaron Lennon, another player who has been with us for over seven years, said it was ‘incredible’ while Emmanuel Adebayor insisted it had to be ‘one of the best training grounds in Europe’.

“The lads are coming here excited,” said Michael, who joined us in January, 2005. “It’s fresh, everything’s new. When you look at the facilities, there aren’t that many better.

“Everything from the changing room to the restaurant is very special, and an awful lot of work has gone into it by a lot of people. The lads are buzzing to be here and to have the opportunity to experience the quality that’s here.”

Aaron said: “It really is an incredible place. I’ve trained at the training grounds of most of the big clubs while with England and none of them come close to this. I’m walking around here and I can’t believe that this is our workplace, our training facility. It’s fantastic that the club has made this happen.

“I enjoyed every minute at Spurs Lodge but the facilities here just are on a different level. This training centre is not only going to improve us as a team but it will benefit players at every level at the club and everyone who works here.

“The lads can do so much more here in terms of gym work, conditioning and rehab as well and the pitches are perfect for playing football on. I can’t pick a fault with anything here.”

‘Ade’ commented: “I’ve had the chance to play at Real Madrid, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project and for me, this is one of the best training grounds in Europe, no doubt about that.

“The most important thing is the place you work. Everything is here for us, from the pitches to recovery, the gym is incredible, the restaurant, everything is in place.”

Jake Livermore returned from England duty to Hotspur Way on Wednesday.

“It’s perfect for what we want to achieve as a club,” he said. “It’s got everything we could possibly want.

“The pitches are fantastic, all the equipment, the gym facilities, the pool for recovery and also off the pitch, there are areas for us to relax. There really are no faults here.”

Michael was particularly impressed with the gym - a place he was unfortunately well acquainted with at Spurs Lodge in the last two seasons as he recovered from long-term injuries.

“The gym looks out to the training pitches – where you aim to be when you are injured,” he said.

“It gives you a goal, makes you hungry to be back out there, where you want to be. When you can see it, that’s what you are working towards. It’s somewhere I don’t want to spend much time, out here on the training pitch is where I want to be, enjoying it and working hard.”

That’s exactly what he intends to do as he fights for a place in team.

“I wanted to stay and fight for my place, as simple as that,” he added. “Everyone knows it, the manager knows it, I’ve been at Tottenham for seven-and-a-half years, it’s where I love playing my football and I want to be back playing.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/hotspur-way-takes-lads-breath-away-13092012.page?

‘Ade’ commented: “I’ve had the chance to play at Real Madrid, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project and for me, this is one of the best training grounds in Europe, no doubt about that.

This. For the win.

This. For the win.

very clever from Ade though, he doesnt actually say that Hotspur Way is better than those 3 clubs training grounds;)

LADS LOVING HOTSPUR WAY - WILLIAM

Posted 13 September 2012 3:25pm

William Gallas has joined the chorus of praise from the players for our new Training Centre, Hotspur Way, and admitted: "Once you are here, you don't want to leave!"

Andre Villas-Boas and the players have trained at the fantastic new facility in Enfield for the first time this week.

It's safe to say that William, who has captained the team this season and is a multi-title winner with 84 caps for France to his name, has been blown away by Hotspur Way.

"It’s one of the best, maybe in the world," he said. "Everything is perfect here to play football, and to feel good.

"The club has built a training facility for the players and when you come here you don’t want to leave! You don’t want to go back home!

"The pitches are unbelievable - if you make one mistake, you can’t complain about the pitch! The pitches are great, the groundsmen do everything for us so every time we come here in the morning, the pitches are perfect.

"What we need now is to win some trophies because with this facility, we can do something."

Sounds immense. Once the new stadium is there we will have everything a modern day club needs to succeed.

550510b0fc1411e1b19422000a1e9dd4_7.jpg

c956385afc2211e1bee422000a1cdc05_7.jpg

02d43c44fc2311e18ce622000a1e880e_7.jpg

c6a31b84fc2511e1b1c522000a1dea36_7.jpg

Those were posted few pages back - great snaps nonetheless

Keep up, Rossi!

Those pics are already on the previous page, posted two days ago!

City's plans for a new training centre:

article-2202858-150094B8000005DC-522_964x461.jpg

article-2202858-14FF304B000005DC-862_964x526.jpg

article-2202858-14FFB7D5000005DC-492_964x526.jpg

article-2202858-14FF3054000005DC-562_964x526.jpg

What does everyone think of the club's name for the new training centre - Hotspur Way?

I have to say that my immediate reaction was not positive. I thought it was a bit brick, to be honest. Would have preferred just to call it Bulls Cross.

But, after some reflection, I'm warming to it. Hotspur Way has a clear (and deliberate, IMO) double entendre. Yes "Way" could just be a synonym for "Road", "Street" or "Lane".

But we also talk of the "Spurs Way" of playing football. And since the new training centre is as much about developing our own players as it is about training our first team, Hotspur Way is an apt name for the place where we will teach our young players how to play the game. It has echoes of Ajax's academy name - De Toekomst or, in English, The Future.

Not interested in City's plans on this thread, thanks.

Meaningless - because they can throw as much money at it as they like.

Mate of mine saw Gary Mabbutt at some event recently. He hinted that we could possibly ground share with MK Dons for a seasons.

He (Mabbutt) also said it can't be good for the players the way we always leave transfer deals to the last minute all the time.

Not interested in City's plans on this thread, thanks.

Meaningless - because they can throw as much money at it as they like.

200 million to be precise

self sufficiency ftw

200 million to be precise

self sufficiency ftw

They should reach it about the time they need a new stadium and training centre. And a whole new squad to get back in the CL.

Back