• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muhammad Ali

I've asked you to expand on your post - how am I playing the man? Bit sensitive aren't you?

Instead of posting shot-gun, why don't you make your point so it adds to the thread? I thought you were against inane posts? Not the first time I've said this to you I know.
To be fair, your post was exactly the same, didn't add to the thread whatsoever.

Useful contribution as always Arc, thanks for adding to your postcount

Great to see you stick to your own rules, hey? Or are those applicable only to posters who aren't on the 'bad books' or expose the sheer hypocrisy and double standards? Glad to see many picked on that too.

Go ahead and dish me the remaining 60 points already, please - myself, like so many others have made the switch across already, and for a good reason - this place will soon be worse than COYS - an opinion shared by dozens ex-posters, driven out of here.

Soon you'll only be left with Twitterinho and Ned Flanders 'debating' over the right OMT font, etc. Hope that is the thread 'contribution' you were hoping for.

Last edited:
Great to see you stick to your own rules, hey? Or are those applicable only to posters who aren't on the 'bad books' or expose the sheer hypocrisy and double standards? Glad to see many picked on that too.

Go ahead and dish me the remaining 60 points already, please - myself, like so many others have made the switch across already, and for a good reason - this place will soon be worse than COYS - an opinion shared by dozens ex-posters, driven out of here.

Soon you'll only be left with Twitterinho and Ned Flanders 'debating' over the right OMT font, etc. Hope that is the thread 'contribution' you were hoping for.

Thanks for that Arc. Why are you guys so keen on being seen as some sort of martyrs? Is it a badge of honour? Stop bing so sensitive man. Write something witty back. There was a time where we could actually rip the tinkle out of each other and not get a 'reported.' after it.

Lovely dig at Jordy, if your worried about the mans contribution to the board putting aside the thankless task of wading through nonsensical reporting and bickering on the forum, I suggest you look at the new stadium thread for quality.

Again, nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head asking them to be here, if your not enjoying it then perhaps make the choice yourself. Your always more than welcome here, ultimately it's the posters who make for a good forum.

I found his initial post offensive "Islam brick" and your "this" none the better. Posts like that get my back up. I may be a mod (woe is me) but I'm also a regular poster. We have fans that go to games that are not white Anglo-Saxon - I'd hate to see people reading such posts on a Spurs forum believe it represents the view of people that attend the games - it's inconsiderate and blinkered. I can't help my reaction when I see such posts - that said, I'm human thus open to being reporting - that's why I invite it.

I wasn't bothered about the "fudgetard" comment - it made me laugh as I pointed out too.

And people don't get generally banned on here for one incident - I love the way that is being painted. It's about a history of posts. I've warned myself for my post if that helps, just as anyone else would have been warned. No hypocrisy there really? If I do it again, I'd invite an infraction - no biggy as I'd deserve it according to forum rules.

As for the forum, good and bad posters come and go - tis the internet. We have lost some great posters but we've gained some too - I don't think anyone's going to cry about it, these aren't real relationships. If people want to change forum, they are welcome too - they can whine on the other forum too about GG if they want, clearly it means a lot to them - perhaps they can form some sort of support group if it makes things better. Good luck.

You know, people are increasingly harking back to this mythically amazing old GG. While there is some truth to it, one of the two things that annoys me most about the board now is the constant bickering between mods and a certain group of posters who insist on attacking them, critiquing their jobs, playing the victim etc etc.

I don't understand why some people take it so personally and I don't understand why certain people need to go across certain threads shouting to all and trying to expose the 'hypocrisy' of the mods. The mods may be slightly harsher than they were 10 years ago when I joined but they are still far more lenient than on most boards and far more wiling to engage in this kind of discussion.

This place is nowhere near as bad as COYS and never will be. I felt like I was in pre-school in that place and after my first warning, had the distinct impression that the mods wanted me out (as my two subsequent warnings and eventual banning were for the mildest of comments. One was for calling someone a bit silly and one was for quoting a political analyst that apparently some might find offensive. Some great posters on there but the mods are very sensitive.

On a side note, none of your posts ever add to any threads. You're all terrible posters. ;)

And back on topic, Ali was a hero of mine but the way he treated Frazier was appalling. And, as others have said, considering the rather chilling way he smiled while asking the interviewer who had really won the thriller considering how he is and how Ali is, I don't think he has forgiven him either.

You know, people are increasingly harking back to this mythically amazing old GG. While there is some truth to it, one of the two things that annoys me most about the board now is the constant bickering between mods and a certain group of posters who insist on attacking them, critiquing their jobs, playing the victim etc etc.
They started it...

Neither did this James.

...or this. Oh fudge now we're stuck in a loop
Muhahahahaha! \o/

To be fair these 'rules' have just created more problems than it's worth. There were problems before they were implemented, and there are problems now. The only thing that has changed is some mods feel the need to make posts that actually break the rules and just completely ignore them. How is that fair?

One of the mod can ban me for that if they wish, I wouldn't really care.

Thanks for that Arc. Why are you guys so keen on being seen as some sort of martyrs? Is it a badge of honour? Stop bing so sensitive man. Write something witty back. There was a time where we could actually rip the tinkle out of each other and not get a 'reported.' after it.
The rules have set a precedence of a weasel culture in which people would rather report someone or play the blame game rather than 'manning up' and just brushing the post aside or creating a witty comeback

Would Ali have been infracted for his abuse of Smokin Joe?

(I'm just trying to keep the thread mildly on topic, you're all very welcome).

Muhahahahaha! \o/

To be fair these 'rules' have just created more problems than it's worth. There were problems before they were implemented, and there are problems now. The only thing that has changed is some mods feel the need to make posts that actually break the rules and just completely ignore them. How is that fair?

One of the mod can ban me for that if they wish, I wouldn't really care.

I don't think there is a single mod on the board who would ban you for that statement (or in fact for any individual statement) and again, find this martyr like attitude strange. I haven't seen any evidence on this board of mods banning posters because they disagree with their views, because they criticised them or any evidence of mods consistently making posts that normal posters wouldn't get away with.

I think the debate about mods and their performances/biases happens far more often on this board than on any other board I've been a member of.

And in fairness to the mods, GG before, rightly or wrongly, was hardly a place for the faint hearted. I can only imagine how some of the posters on here now would have reacted to posters like Cyclone, old Mick, Manc, CAS etc (amongst those are some of my favourite posters) considering how often now they go running to the mods and reporting posts now.

Last edited:
The rules have set a precedence of a weasel culture in which people would rather report someone or play the blame game rather than 'manning up' and just brushing the post aside or creating a witty comeback

Actually, the rules have been updated twice in my time as mod in response to a growing culture of insults, sniping and retaliation. People using humour as a cover to have a go at others. There's been far too much emphasis on showing others up to be wrong or ridiculing their opinion. Too many posts that only add negativity to the place.

Not really. I'm happy to discuss this in more detail with you via PM. I don't really want to turn this into another how the forum should run thread... (actually who am I kidding, it's already there).

Personally, first and foremost as a poster my enjoyment of a lot of threads were completely ruined by petty feuds from a select few individuals. This constantly spilled over into other threads as hootnow said earlier. Now there is clear difference between when most of us were just having a laugh and taking the tinkle and we could all push it a bit without our noses getting bent out of shape, and when there was malice and personal attacks which resulted in a lot of posters PM'ing mods and admins asking for those guilty to be reprimanded.

Much have been made of these 'rules', but what are they really? Basically all they are saying in essence is dont be a prick and you'll be fine. It's not rules saying 'dont personally attack people' that have created the weasel culture as you put it. It's people. It's the users who can't wait to 'report' something.

These infractions are what most of you feel is so different, but if anything they have given posters so much more leeway to improve on or let's just say stop being d*cks. Ultimately it's the same as any other system we previously had, several warnings and if you keep re-offending then sorry your out.

Certain posters are now making it sound as though they are leading a mass exodus out of here, but guess what the forum was here before us and I'd hazard a guess at the fact that many of these problem repeat offenders are part of the reason really good posters were leaving in the first place.

And your throw away comment there about how a 'mod can ban you for that if they wish' is quite typical at the moment of this whole martyr attitude that serves no purpose. I'm a poster like you. Because I was on gg a fair bit, I was asked to help moderate, because Scara needs to make sure google paymasters and the users are happy. If you got a complaint then just holla at any one of us and believe me we will talk about it and discuss it. There really is no sinister machiavellian plot to get rid of 'bad' posters, we just all come here to blow off some steam and talk about Spurs, whatever the hell we all talk about in random!

I don't think there is a single mod on the board who would ban you for that statement (or in fact for any individual statement) and again, find this martyr like attitude strange. I haven't seen any evidence on this board of mods banning posters because they disagree with their views, because they criticised them or any evidence of mods consistently making posts that normal posters wouldn't get away with.

I think the debate about mods and their performances/biases happens far more often on this board than on any other board I've been a member of.

And in fairness to the mods, GG before, rightly or wrongly, was hardly a place for the faint hearted. I can only imagine how some of the posters on here now would have reacted to posters like Cyclone, old Mick, Manc, CAS etc (amongst those are some of my favourite posters) considering how often now they go running to the mods and reporting posts now.

Great post by the way. I realise this adds nothing to the debate, but still... THIS.

I can't read Arabic

But I've read the bible son

One minute it's spreading love and fish, and turning the other cheek

The next its spread those cheeks, and take my iron rod unless you worship me

you've got it the other way around

have you read and understood the whole bible?

Think you might be waiting a while for a response to that one Affy.

Might be best to hang out on South West trains and wait for a whiff of something unpleasant from a distant carriage...

Back