• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I look at this kid and what I see is not a player blessed with talent, but someone with immense desire who seems like he works extremely hard at the fundamentals. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry put in an extra 2-3 hours of work every day just honing his skills and trying to get that extra half a percent better. What an example to have and he's one of our own.

32DF0B8800000578-0-image-a-19_1459873999104.jpg

32DF0B9100000578-0-image-a-20_1459874006956.jpg

@WhoScored
Harry Kane: Has scored or assisted each of Tottenham’s last 3 goals against Liverpool

@OptaJoe
22 - Harry Kane has now scored more goals in a Premier League campaign than any other Spurs player (22). Own.

CfDiuuqWEAAae6j.jpg

HARRY STATS

- 11 goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances and six in his last four
- One goal in his first nine PL matches this season, 21 in 23 since
- 12 goals in his last 12 away games in the PL
- Most attempts at goal (102, 131 including blocked) and most on target (64, 18 ahead of Jamie Vardy)
- Five out of five penalties scored in the PL this season
- Harry has started our last 60 PL matches
- Harry is the first Spur to hit back-to-back league 20s since Martin Chivers (1970-72)
- Last season, became first Spur to score 30-plus goals (31) in a season since Gary Lineker (1991-92)
- Also became first home-grown striker to hit 20-plus since Mark Falco in the mid-1980s
- 27 PL goals in calendar year (2015) was most of any PL player and record for Spurs
- Named PFA Young Player of the Year in 2015, scooped both Club POY and named in PFA PL Team of Year
- Now capped 10 times by England, scored four goals
- Scored 73 seconds into his England debut against Lithuania (March, 2015) - third-fastest England debut goal behind the great Bill Nicholson (19 seconds in 1951) and John rooster (30 seconds in 1919).

-----------------------------------

Well done to Kane. Don't think anyone would have predicted that he can score 20+ goals for the second consecutive season, especially after the way he started the season poorly. Hope he can score 30 league goals soon, if not this season then at least in the coming seasons.

Last edited:
SPURS' PREMIER LEAGUE TOP GOALSCORERS - SEASON BY SEASON

92-93 – Teddy Sheringham 21
93-94 – Teddy Sheringham 13
94-95 – Jurgen Klinsmann 20
95-96 – Teddy Sheringham 16
96-97 – Teddy Sheringham 7
97-98 – Jurgen Klinsmann 9
98-99 – Steffen Iversen 9
99-00 – Steffen Iversen/Chris Armstrong 14
00-01 – Les Ferdinand 10
01-02 – Gus Poyet/Les Ferdinand 10
02-03 – Robbie Keane 13
03-04 – Robbie Keane 14
04-05 – Jermain Defoe 13
05-06 – Robbie Keane 16
06-07 – Dimitar Berbatov 12
07-08 – Robbie Keane/Dimitar Berbatov 15
08-09 – Darren Bent 12
09-10 – Jermain Defoe 18
10-11 – Rafa van der Vaart 13
11-12 – Emmanuel Adebayor 17
12-13 – Gareth Bale 21
13-14 – Emmanuel Adebayor 11
14-15 – Harry Kane 21
15-16 – Harry Kane 22 in 32 so far

------------------------------------

Really amazing that players like Berbatov and VDV never managed to reach 20 goal marks for us. Despite all the important goals they have scored for us, they had been just scorer of great goals, rather than great goal scorers.

Well done to Kane. Don't think anyone would have predicted that he can score 20+ goals for the second consecutive season, especially after the way he started the season poorly. Hope he can score 30 league goals soon, if not this season then at least in the coming seasons.

Loads of people said that he was the real deal at the beginning of the season and thought that he would repeat last season's performance.

SPURS' PREMIER LEAGUE TOP GOALSCORERS - SEASON BY SEASON

92-93 – Teddy Sheringham 21
93-94 – Teddy Sheringham 13
94-95 – Jurgen Klinsmann 20
95-96 – Teddy Sheringham 16
96-97 – Teddy Sheringham 7
97-98 – Jurgen Klinsmann 9
98-99 – Steffen Iversen 9
99-00 – Steffen Iversen/Chris Armstrong 14
00-01 – Les Ferdinand 10
01-02 – Gus Poyet/Les Ferdinand 10
02-03 – Robbie Keane 13
03-04 – Robbie Keane 14
04-05 – Jermain Defoe 13
05-06 – Robbie Keane 16
06-07 – Dimitar Berbatov 12
07-08 – Robbie Keane/Dimitar Berbatov 15
08-09 – Darren Bent 12
09-10 – Jermain Defoe 18
10-11 – Rafa van der Vaart 13
11-12 – Emmanuel Adebayor 17
12-13 – Gareth Bale 21
13-14 – Emmanuel Adebayor 11
14-15 – Harry Kane 21
15-16 – Harry Kane 22 in 32 so far

------------------------------------

Really amazing that players like Berbatov and VDV never managed to reach 20 goal marks for us. Despite all the important goals they have scored for us, they had been just scorer of great goals, rather than great goal scorers.

We've come a long way from the heights of Iversen with 9!! Or Sheringham with 7, imagine the online meltdown if the Twitter phalanx had to watch some of the muck served up in those days!

HARRY STATS

- 11 goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances and six in his last four
- One goal in his first nine PL matches this season, 21 in 23 since
- 12 goals in his last 12 away games in the PL
- Most attempts at goal (102, 131 including blocked) and most on target (64, 18 ahead of Jamie Vardy)
- Five out of five penalties scored in the PL this season
- Harry has started our last 60 PL matches
- Harry is the first Spur to hit back-to-back league 20s since Martin Chivers (1970-72)
- Last season, became first Spur to score 30-plus goals (31) in a season since Gary Lineker (1991-92)
- Also became first home-grown striker to hit 20-plus since Mark Falco in the mid-1980s
- 27 PL goals in calendar year (2015) was most of any PL player and record for Spurs
- Named PFA Young Player of the Year in 2015, scooped both Club POY and named in PFA PL Team of Year
- Now capped 10 times by England, scored four goals
- Scored 73 seconds into his England debut against Lithuania (March, 2015) - third-fastest England debut goal behind the great Bill Nicholson (19 seconds in 1951) and John rooster (30 seconds in 1919).

-----------------------------------

I predicted it when I started my Harry Kane goals countdown

Surely the one characteristic you most need your top striker to have is a dollop of greed?

Or would you rather this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...fluffs-lines-against-Europa-League-clash.html

Always remember, strikers are only ever 'greedy' when they miss. :rolleyes:

Without a doubt the best strikers are " greedy" but the real good ones also appreciate when to be greedy and when to provide a goal for better placed team mates, Kane has one Prem assist this season which is below the following ( Fimino7, Deeney6 Lukaku6, Vardy6, Costa5). As I said earlier he is still a kid and will ( I hope) bring this to his game as he gets older because when he/if he does he will be a even better player.

The first post in this topic, slightly more than 3 years ago:

"Would you have him?
He's young, tall, blond and at Norwich.
I hear he's available. I also hear he fits our budget.
Cheeky deadline-day bid?????????????"

The progress of this guy have really been extra-ordinary.

there were plenty of us who were cautious though

I didn't think he'd do it

I thought he'd have a decent season but wouldn't emulate last season. I also expected the goal drought he had at the beggining. And I also expected fans off other clubs to jump all over it and slate him as a one season wonder. But he's proven me wrong and rubbed the period without goals but in everyones face.

What gets me most about Kane is that it's difficult to think of him as a "young player" nowadays. The likes of Rose, Davies, Mason and even Walker come across as youngsters -- even if they're not actually that young -- while Kane and Eriksen seem so much more "senior". Does anyone else get that, or is it just me?

Either way, Kane is coming across as massively mature beyond his years, a leader even. It was the same with Bale. And I guess the same with Ledley and clambell. Is that just the sign of a world class player?

What gets me most about Kane is that it's difficult to think of him as a "young player" nowadays. The likes of Rose, Davies, Mason and even Walker come across as youngsters -- even if they're not actually that young -- while Kane and Eriksen seem so much more "senior". Does anyone else get that, or is it just me?

Either way, Kane is coming across as massively mature beyond his years, a leader even. It was the same with Bale. And I guess the same with Ledley and clambell. Is that just the sign of a world class player?
Totally agree about Harry's age, he just seems so mature.

I definitely think he is a world class player in the making

The numbers suggest it.

I was cautious at beginning of season, but his overall play and he variation in his goals had me believe he could have a good season. When you realize he is 22, every team in the league this year has set up to stop him scoring (vs. last year as unknown), the achievements are even better.

I am a little worried if England go deep in Euros, it will be almost 3 years of constant football, we need to buy a front line striker to be able to give him some rest (maybe even have him sit out first couple of weeks of next season).

The numbers suggest it.

I was cautious at beginning of season, but his overall play and he variation in his goals had me believe he could have a good season. When you realize he is 22, every team in the league this year has set up to stop him scoring (vs. last year as unknown), the achievements are even better.

I am a little worried if England go deep in Euros, it will be almost 3 years of constant football, we need to buy a front line striker to be able to give him some rest (maybe even have him sit out first couple of weeks of next season).

There is no need to worry

The numbers suggest it.

Personally I think we need 2 new strikers, so far we have been fortunate with Kane's fitness but there is no guarantee this fortune will continue throughout next season.

Back