• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Its funny as I have always been of the opinion that Kane would be a better player behind the main striker, maybe we will see more of him doing that. I have noticed one or two pundits have been saying the same thing over the last couple of weeks.

That's because the pundits (Murphy and Guillt were spouting nonsense about it the other night) don't understand the role of the modern #9. Kane is perfect for it.

The immobile target man they crave has all but died out.

I'm not afraid, Harry will bounce back. His goal on Saturday will be a boost, and if Poch can let him train the whole coming week- not play - against Monaco, it will help him even more. He arrived late for pre season, nothing strange about him starting slow.

That's because the pundits (Murphy and Guillt were spouting nonsense about it the other night) don't understand the role of the modern #9. Kane is perfect for it.

Exactly, im shocked at the amount of brick these guys talk. They are former pro's not coaches i know, but there job is to watch football and talk abotu it, how can they be so fudging clueless.
I guess it dosnt matter when talking to the masses.

I'm not afraid, Harry will bounce back. His goal on Saturday will be a boost, and if Poch can let him train the whole coming week- not play - against Monaco, it will help him even more. He arrived late for pre season, nothing strange about him starting slow.

Nah - cups are the priority.

Rest him against Swansea and Bournemouth; play him against Monaco, Anderlecht and Liverpool (and find a 'niggle' so we can pull him out of the pointless international fixtures).

I disagree, and they are not the only ones who think the same thing. Kane drops deep and likes to pick the ball up and run with it that is not the modern no 9.

I disagree, and they are not the only ones who think the same thing. Kane drops deep and likes to pick the ball up and run with it that is not the modern no 9.

Modern #9s are highly mobile. They should be picking up the balls on the wings and deeper in midfield. They should be interchanging completely with the 3 AMs.

Murphy and Guilt were just criticising him for being 'too mobile', which is archaic IMO

Modern #9s are highly mobile. They should be picking up the balls on the wings and deeper in midfield. They should be interchanging completely with the 3 AMs.

Murphy and Guilt were just criticising him for being 'too mobile', which is archaic IMO

No they were not ( in most eyes anyway) they were saying he would be better as a num 10.

It doesn't take much to be a "pundit" these days, failed managers and average players talking like they know things.

Sorry but if you were that good with your knowledge you wouldn't be sitting on a seat on Saturday trying to make a career of it.

It doesn't take much to be a "pundit" these days, failed managers and average players talking like they know things.

Sorry but if you were that good with your knowledge you wouldn't be sitting on a seat on Saturday trying to make a career of it.

That bit I will agree with the average player bit not so much. Guillit, Shearer, and others were anything but average players.

That bit I will agree with the average player bit not so much. Guillit, Shearer, and others were anything but average players.

Definitely ... more about Lawro, Murphy, Savage, Jenas etc. When they analysing players I always think, "well if it was that obvious, why didn't you address them issues in your game?"

Definitely ... more about Lawro, Murphy, Savage, Jenas etc. When they analysing players I always think, "well if it was that obvious, why didn't you address them issues in your game?"

I get your drift but Lawro was a very good player, know what you mean though.

No they were not ( in most eyes anyway) they were saying he would be better as a num 10.

But only because they are old school 4-4-2 merchants who see Kane as a Sheringham, playing behind a Shearer or a Klinsmann.

There's no way Kane is 4-2-3-1 #10 in the Eriksen/Pritchard mould. He could play there because he's a versatile player, but he's an archetypal modern #9.

But only because they are old school 4-4-2 merchants who see Kane as a Sheringham, playing behind a Shearer or a Klinsmann.

There's no way Kane is 4-2-3-1 #10 in the Eriksen/Pritchard mould. He could play there because he's a versatile player, but he's an archetypal modern #9.

We are going around in circles mate and we are not going t agree.

Jenas is the best pundit in many years. He has a far deeper understanding of the game than he ever showed in his playing days.

I don't think the two are related at all. Some of the best analysers of the game never played at any decent level (e.g. Jonathan Wilson)

Jenas is the best pundit in many years. He has a far deeper understanding of the game than he ever showed in his playing days.

I don't think the two are related at all. Some of the best analysers of the game never played at any decent level (e.g. Jonathan Wilson)
I always thought that Jenas had a real understanding of the game when he played as well. He was an intelligent player, just perhaps didn't quite have the drive and will to win to elevate him from a good player to an excellent one.

I always thought that Jenas had a real understanding of the game when he played as well. He was an intelligent player, just perhaps didn't quite have the drive and will to win to elevate him from a good player to an excellent one.

Pretty much sums him up to me as well, he had the talent but never did seem to use it as much as he could have done.

Nah - cups are the priority.

Rest him against Swansea and Bournemouth; play him against Monaco, Anderlecht and Liverpool (and find a 'niggle' so we can pull him out of the pointless international fixtures).
If all cups would be a priority, Kane would have played against Arsenal. But I actually didnt put it out right, I just meant he needs to get full training weeks to get up to his best level. If you play more than you train, you will never catch up.

That's not what they said... they just commented that Kane is not a "be all and end all" striker who will make a beeline for the box as soon as he gets the chance but is more than happy to act as the provider to his teammates. And they do have a point; he's different in my eyes to a Sturridge or a Costa; more akin to Rooney who I also don;t see as primarily a striker.

Totally agree about Jenas. Wonder if it's the those who can do, those who can't teach thing.
He could see it, just couldn't do it.

I'm going to make a huge sweeping generalisation here but some of the non-white skinned pundits seem to be better pundits (better spoken)...

Ian Wright, David James, Jermaine Jenas, Robbie Earle, Ruud Gullit, Shaka Hislop, Clarke Carlisle to name a few.

I actually mentioned it some years ago that we could be recruiting this minority as managers but the best seem to go into media for some reason!

Back