• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Genders

Daisuk

Dimitar Berbatov
Feel free to just delete this topic if you think it's not going to be a worthwhile thing to discuss on here, but here goes ...

I've been reading about transgenderism and how people likes to identify with various words regarding how they feel as a human being - usually (obviously) from people who don't feel they fit into the male/female dichotomy (I may have spelled that wrong). And you know, I think I grasp some of the arguments for it, and if people feel empowered by taking on these other labels and calling themselves that, then that's great! If calling yourself something other than male or female can make you feel good about yourself, awesome! I'm all for that.

But I still don't get it! Probably because I don't feel like distancing myself from being a man myself - although, I don't either feel like I fit perfectly into what a man is supposed to be. But this is where it gets interesting! I'm personally fine with being called a man, even though I'm probably not an archtypical man (like you know like to fight, interested in cars, bla bla bla). It's just not important to me.

But! Where does this yearning to be labeled as something other than man or woman come from? I can understand that people who feel they've been born in the wrong body, like males feeling female, would like to perform an operation and become a woman or vice versa - but where does this yearning to be called, I don't know, "flumbertruckster" (just a stupid word I came up with) come from? Why is it better to affiliate yourself with this made up word? Does it come from some biological yearning, or is it more cultural? Could you be biologically programmed to feel like you should be "bubblepoacher" (again, sorry for the word, I don't mean to make fun, I just don't know all the English names for the various genders)? I sometimes feel ashamed (quite often, actually) for not being able to fix brick with my car, or build stuff, or I don't know some other thing you've learned that men should be good at - I do, all the time, and I also work in health care, which isn't very manly - but I wouldn't feel the least bit better if I found a group of other dudes in my shoes who called themselves "stirrupsfinckers" or whatever. I just don't get that. I'll just hold my hands up and say I'm brick at building and fixing stuff, and take me for who I am, but it would just sound ridiculous if I were to distance myself from being a man because of it.

I know this is possibly the worst place to post this, but it's also quite interesting to hear what you make of it. And I guess it sounds like I'm a bit biased towards the whole thing - I'd like to stress that I'm not (but I'll also admit that I'm a bit annoyed by it, probably because I don't understand it)! I'm just curious. And again, power to the people that feel more comfortable about themselves doing this. What I'd like to understand is why it's important to be boxed into something that, to me, seems "artificial" (for the lack of a better word). I mean, I don't feel 100% like a man, but I don't feel like a "gongablidder" either! I guess it just doesn't matter enough for me though, so that's not an argument.

OK, OK, I'll admit that I'm a bit annoyed by the whole thing, but I'd also like to understand it better. I guess my irritation boils down to this - it feels a bit trendy, some of it. Like just another gimmick that's supposed to make you a unique butterfly, like an identity marker, and it feels kind of ridiculous, some of the various genders, anyway. I just have this hunch that a lot of people use these new genders like we were either "punk" or "goth" or "metal" or whatever back in the 90's. It'd be interesting to hear which age groups are mostly into this, for instance. But what do I know?! :p Again, if people actually feel empowered by it, that's definitely a good thing. But I'd like to hear a more educated explanation than my own impression of the whole thing.

Anyways, rant over. If someone smart can come in and explain a few of these things to me, I'd be grateful. :)

Last edited:
My localish council, Brighton have started handing out card for people to write down what they want to be addressed as.

It is the sort of over the top interference that I dislike so much from council and political and charity bodies that gets on my wick. Happy for people to change genders if they want to and have gone through the proper counselling. Less happy about it all being on the NHS but i am probably a little stuck in my ways.

Not sure if I like the rise in child sex changes and would rather you waited to see if the child grew out of the phase. But again if it is 100% certain then why not let them change gender.

In the pub I used to drink in we had one lady/man walk pass every day and though they were well into middle age always in a mini skirt and high heels, which makes me think for him/her it was a fetish rather then a gender identity problem. I have read into and the is a growing thought that a lot of people who go through sex change are actually just gay.

We have a couple of gay friends and we have also been to swinging clubs so me and the wife are quite open minded but after a point i think some who dress up or have sex changes are just attention seeking I got that particularly with the ones who like to label themselves as cisgender.

On the whole I am a live and let live guy who as a socially liberal person thinks that other people should be able to do as they please as long as they do not effect others. But the is another part that thinks the is so many different ways for people to identify themselves these days it is almost impossible not to wrongly give someones gender.

15 years ago I noticed that being gay or *bacon dodger* was a way for people to victimise themselves if they wanted attention(of course these groups were sometimes targeted anyway) some people loved attention of playing the victim.

Now I notice it is people with mental health issues(I have had genuine issues in this area myself) or transvestism that is the darling of the political correct crusade. Both good causes in their self but it is noticeable that some are playing up to these issues and it is creating a new industry around both topics.

You need to come up with your own set of acceptable pronouns, as Chich alluded to earlier, so we can all "accidentally" forget to use them and gravely insult you at least once a day. You can then sue Scara for the Google ad revenue.

By and large I think the media probably make a way bigger deal out of it than it is, the Beeb are always banging on about it. Actually agree with a lot of what Chich wrote (never thought I'd say that tbh).

You are all wrong

1349671222542_8078531.png

I am ok with anyone to be called what they like, what I don't like is the moral high ground on people who don't identify with more than man and woman or people that are confused beyond male and female labels and get called up for being un PC? I defend everyones right to be a man dressed as a woman or a woman dressed as a man, but if you have a c0ck your a man and if you have a pu55y you are a woman in my view, thats not a view built on hate its one built on what I know and believe. If people wanna call it something else then they can and I defend that but that sup to them

I am ok with anyone to be called what they like, what I don't like is the moral high ground on people who don't identify with more than man and woman or people that are confused beyond male and female labels and get called up for being un PC? I defend everyones right to be a man dressed as a woman or a woman dressed as a man, but if you have a c0ck your a man and if you have a pu55y you are a woman in my view, thats not a view built on hate its one built on what I know and believe. If people wanna call it something else then they can and I defend that but that sup to them

Labels are false and stupid things, tribe, nationality, religion, generation, whatever, it's all flimflam (completely separate conversation). I have no understanding why people want "new" labels.

The only question should be are you treated fairly, equally and without discrimination or bias.

Beyond that, I don't give a fudge what you want to call yourself, and not sure I can be bothered to understand which of the 60 odd labels you feel is appropriate and expect me to use.

Labels are false and stupid things, tribe, nationality, religion, generation, whatever, it's all flimflam (completely separate conversation). I have no understanding why people want "new" labels.

The only question should be are you treated fairly, equally and without discrimination or bias.

Beyond that, I don't give a fudge what you want to call yourself, and not sure I can be bothered to understand which of the 60 odd labels you feel is appropriate and expect me to use.

Absolutely spot on

Nailed it. :)

What i don't get with it all is that the thinking seems to be that gender and sex are seperate things, gender being how you identify yourself and sex being your biological make up - so If that's the case then it seems contradictory to push the idea of people being 'in the wrong body' - and if gender is something you can self identify as what relevance does it have to anything?

Back