• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Footballer out of touch with reality shocker! (aka Rio Ferdinand)

As an antidote to this thread:

Danny Ings: Burnley striker funds foundation to help disabled youngsters in the region

Well played, Danny Ings.

The Clarets' striker has launched his own self-funded foundation for disabled youngsters in the Burnley area.

Ings has scored three Premier League goals for the newly-promoted club this season, including his double on Saturday in the 2-1 win at Stoke City.

In conjunction with Burnley FC in the Community, "The Danny Ings Disability Sport Project" aims to deliver football coaching to disabled youngsters and with learning difficulties throughout the region.

"It’s something that’s been a long time coming," revealed Ings.

"I wanted to do it last year, but with all of the games in the Championship, it wasn’t possible.

"So I sat down in the summer with the Burnley FC In The Community lads, who have been fantastic, and we came up with this project and I’m just happy that it’s launched.

"It’s not about the money for me, it’s about seeing the smiles on the kids’ faces, that’s what means the most to me and that’s why I want to give as much back as I can.

"Unfortunately these kids won’t be able to have the career that I’ve got, so supporting them and making them part of the journey in my career means a lot."

Ings revealed that the inspiration for the project came from a meeting a young disabled fan. The picture (below) went viral.

“A couple of years ago, I got my picture taken with a young lad called Joseph Skinner, who I gave my boots to. Before I even got back in the changing room, the picture had gone viral. From that day on, it really inspired me to give my all back, and do as much as I can.

"I’m planning to cover as many disabilities as possible, giving them as much sports and football coaching as I can. Also, I’ll be creating Burnley’s first ever adult disability football team, to compete in the north-west league."

I know a lot of footballers do work for charity that doesn't get much coverage. But often it is when they have already made a lot of money. Here, Ings is doing it just as he is becoming known and before he is on the really big money.

Back