• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Alfredo Di Stéfano (5 times), Lionel Messi (3 times) and Mario Kempes (twice) are all correct.

One more to get...

I think that the answer to this will be almost surprising. There have been 20 World Cups so far, so the side that has conceded 100 must have conceded an average of 5 goals per tournament, assuming that they've qualified for every tournament. Now, each of the weaker sides are likely to have failed to qualify on numerous occasions. So, they would need to have conceded a higher number of goals than 5 per tournament that they DID qualify for, which isn't so likely.

Consequently, I think it was one of the main teams, who have played most tournament matches, and so will have conceded a higher number of goals.

Argentina? Germany? Brazil? One of those?

Russia/USSR - defenitely not. Our current and former country has missed lots of World Cups. We've been participants of about 8-10 World Cups only.
I'll go with Germany. I remember the match from one of first WCs when they lost to Hungary's Magyars famous team 3-8 during group stage only to beat them 3-2 in the final. This Hungary team is still WC top-goalscorer.

Last edited:
Back