• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Robbie Keane hit a few for us, if I'm not mistaken. And I think Leon Best scored one against the Spammers a while ago...?

Robbie Keane hit a few for us, if I'm not mistaken. And I think Leon Best scored one against the Spammers a while ago...?

Yes, Robbie Keane (Spurs 4-3 Everton 12th Jan 2003, Spurs 5–2 Wolves 6th Dec 2003, Spurs 5 - 0 Burnley 26th Sep 2009) and Leon Best (Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5–0 West Ham United 5th Jan 2011).

Premier League Hat-Tricks 1992-93 to 2011-12

Saturday 31st March 2012:

When did the tradition of placing the winner's ribbons on the FA Cup start?

Spurs put the ribbons on the cup in 1901.

Yes, the 1901 FA Cup Final Replay when Tottenham Hotspur of the Southern League beat Sheffield United 3-1. The ribbons were tied to the FA Cup by the wife of the Spurs Director Morton Cadman and the tradition has continued until today.

FA Cup Finals 1871-72 to 2010-11

Sunday 1st April 2012:

What was Upton Park FC's main claim to footballing fame?

Winning the World Cup in 1966?

Almost!

Upton Park FC (no connection to West Ham United) represented Great Britain in the 1900 Olympic Games in Paris and won the competition.
A Gold Medal was later awarded. They were also one of the original 15 clubs who participated in the first FA Cup in season 1871-72.

Olympic Football Tournaments 1900-2012 Progress Chart

Monday 2nd April 2012:

Which two players were sent off in UEFA Champions League Finals?

Lehmann vs Barcelona for sure after bringing down Eto'o when he was clear on goal and Drogba for that slap on Vidic.

Lehmann vs Barcelona for sure after bringing down Eto'o when he was clear on goal and Drogba for that slap on Vidic.

Yes, Jens Lehmann (Arsenal, 2006 Final v Barcelona) and Didier Drogba (Chelsea, 2008 Final v Manchester United). Both players were on the losing team.

UEFA European Cup & UEFA Champions League Finals 1955-56 to 2010-11

Tuesday 3rd April 2012:

Who was the only non-British footballer to receive a Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II?

Back