• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Boots...

Alex de Souza of Fenerbahce (now retired) sported pure black boots. It really represented his class.

My first boots as a 9/10 year old (circa 1982/1983) were my brother's Adidas Valencias... I think they'd cost £25 in those days so I was careful to look after them. I managed to go down the Patrick route and stick some metal studs in. The tongues eventually gave way so I used my dad's sewing machine to attach the white cloth tongues of my old Nike Challenger Kid trainers... Seriously, we valued things a lot more then - at least growing up where I lived (Wood Green).

I still refuse to wear coloured boots out of principle and I'm now 41!
I miss the old days of metal studs..... Scuffing them up on the path to the pitch....... Using them to give the opposition's tricky winger a "welcome"........

You can still do that - the reason I'm replacing my boots Is that they have snapped in half.....mostly from the impact of ppl kicking the bottom of my boot with their follow through.

I miss the old days of metal studs..... Scuffing them up on the path to the pitch....... Using them to give the opposition's tricky winger a "welcome"........

I once got those on the inside thigh as I slid to connect with a cross at the far-post, made the connection, scuffed the ball in but received said 'sharpies' from keeper. Keeper had trailed through dog brick at some point, because I had two long cuts and dog brick on them. 1981. When boys were men?

I once got those on the inside thigh as I slid to connect with a cross at the far-post, made the connection, scuffed the ball in but received said 'sharpies' from keeper. Keeper had trailed through dog **** at some point, because I had two long cuts and dog **** on them. 1981. When boys were men?
Nah, 1981 when football was full of psychopaths and the referees didn't give a fudge.

I act like I miss it at times, but as a spectator sport football has improved massively. There's no way a talentless fudger like me should have been able to stop star players of other teams with a timely kick/threat or two.

Bloody coloured boots looks like they're designed by five year olds on acid. Seeing people wear them, really brings out the old grump in me.

I bought a pair of these in 2003, and even now (properly worn out!) they look a million times better than any pink or yellow abomination:

ae6eed8d-0649-48e0-a33a-7c8f0c4b3ce6__L.jpg

So my Pumas finally died today during the weekly kickabout. Now what the duck do I do - there's no way I'll be able to get hold of proper, black boots in today's market??

So my Pumas finally died today during the weekly kickabout. Now what the duck do I do - there's no way I'll be able to get hold of proper, black boots in today's market??

Puma are actually good at making black boots still, at both ends of the price range

Back