• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa

Pretty decent draw, could have been more difficult in terms of opposition and travel. Qarabag away would have been bad on a Thursday night, Qarabag at home is good. To have Rangers as our away game from Pot 1 is also quite fortunate, and we avoided the tough sides from Pot 2 (Real Sociedad, Lyon), and Pot 4 (Bilbao, Nice). Hoffenheim is not easy, but we should at least get close to making the top 8.

It's in the Spurs News section?

Ibrox is a lovely old classic football ground. Great sightlines and a wonderful trophy room and dining room. I know because former NIreland and Toronto Blizzard (NASL) player Jimmy Nichol treated me to a tour and a meal when I interviewed him for the now defunct Soccer News magazine.

Should be able to give the likes of Moore a start in some of these?

Game time, not sure re starts ..

We will see if Ange is successful where every other recent Spurs manager hasn't been in managing squad

Spence, Dragusin, Gray, Bergvall, Wilson, Werner, Richi means we can rotate the squad quite heavily vs. 1st 11 starters in PL. Add in opp to give likes of Moore some game time, it's a great opportunity.

8 games in first stage, on paper, 2 difficult sides.

My biggest concern about the draw was not which teams we end up playing, because I think we should be able to get top 8 one way or another. I was more worried about how far our away game travel will be and we dodged Carrier Bag. Galata is still a bit of a haul, but will make for a tasty match at least.

Game time, not sure re starts ..

We will see if Ange is successful where every other recent Spurs manager hasn't been in managing squad

Spence, Dragusin, Gray, Bergvall, Wilson, Werner, Richi means we can rotate the squad quite heavily vs. 1st 11 starters in PL. Add in opp to give likes of Moore some game time, it's a great opportunity.

8 games in first stage, on paper, 2 difficult sides.

There is also a safety net in this new format? Top 8 go through. But the next 8 go into a play off.

Back