• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group F - Austria, Hungary, Iceland, Portugal

Jordinho

Martin Peters
Staff member
14 June

1800 Austria vs Hungary, Stade de Bordeaux
2100 Portugal vs Iceland, Stade Geoffroy Guichard

18 June

1800 Iceland vs Hungary, Stade Velodrome
2100 Portugal vs Austria, Parc des Princes

22 June

1800 Iceland vs Austria, Stade de France
1800 Hungary vs Portugal, Stade de Lyon

All times in CET.

Get in gylfi! fudge those Portuguese pansies up their arses. Iceland been the best team ten mins into this. Portugal doesn't look up to it at all so far.

Portugal have been making that Iceland keeper earn his keep ! Ronaldo, Nani, Quaresma, the Iberians have a lot of talent. I expect them to score again - but footy's a funny ole game

Easily the worse group.
If England finish 2nd they'll face the 2nd in this group.
If Ireland finish 2nd they'll face the winners of the group.

Ronaldo is responsible for a third of Portugal's shots on goal (7/23), none of them on target.

Ronaldo and messi should go and set up their own country, can't be any worse than playing with Portugal or Argentina.

Iceland have produced another eruption. The smallest country to qualify for the European Championship marked their tournament debut with a result to savour against Portugal, although that and their memorable celebrations were not the only tremors felt in Saint-Étienne. Cristiano Ronaldo reacted to a restorative night for the game with all the petulance and pettiness of a spoilt child.

“Iceland didn’t try anything,” whined the Portuguese captain. “They were just defend, defend, defend and playing on the counterattack. It was a lucky night for them. We should have three points but we are OK. I thought they’d won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end. It was unbelievable. When they don’t try to play and just defend, defend, defend, this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition.” They have already accomplished more than expected and were at one with their fans after the final whistle while Ronaldo raged at the referee.

Even in a tiny nation’s finest hour in football, Ronaldo demands the limelight and so it is gratifying the prima donna was partly responsible for Iceland producing a performance to remember. His glaring miss five minutes from time, heading Nani’s cross straight at goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsson, not only prevented the Real Madrid man making history as the first player to score in four consecutive Euros but marked the moment the party started for Iceland. The roar that emanated from those in blue behind Halldorsson’s goal said it all. They knew. Iceland had arrived in style.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/portugal-iceland-euro-2016-match-report

“Iceland didn’t try anything,” whined the Portuguese captain. “They were just defend, defend, defend and playing on the counterattack. It was a lucky night for them. We should have three points but we are OK. I thought they’d won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end. It was unbelievable. When they don’t try to play and just defend, defend, defend, this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition.” They have already accomplished more than expected and were at one with their fans after the final whistle while Ronaldo raged at the referee.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/portugal-iceland-euro-2016-match-report

Brilliant - the use of that one descriptive term perfectly sums up his undignified reaction.

Ronaldo is a complete bellend, at one point hew was even taking over refereeing the game awarding himself a free kick. I think at that point, as a ref, I would have told him to shut the fvck up and play football not do my job and given the free kick the other way for Ungentlemanly conduct.

Yet another reminder of what a massive knobhead Ronaldo is. Really wanted him to miss that penalty in the CL final, he just had to take the 5th penalty and be the glory boy didn't he?! Did the same thing at Euro 2012 but he didn't get the chance to take one as or the Portugese players before him missed.

The one big difference between him and Messi; Ronaldo is a phenomenal goalscorer, but Messi creates far more for others and his involved far more in the general play as opposed to glory boy Ronaldo who would probably rather score a hat trick and lose 4-3 than score none and win 3-0.

Back