• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EU transfer ruling

Those under old style contracts have yeah, what if the types of contract changed though?

There would still be academies, just not as many.

The game would survive, it’s one of the biggest industries on the planet.

What do you mean by old style contracts? Are there new style contracts?

I’m surprised it’s not been challenged before.

Logically, it should be like any other employment, hand your notice in, work it, leave.

Can't have it both ways, if you can do that, clubs can fire you without paying out your contract (see our example with Ndombele, if contracts weren't fixed, we would have fired him years ago and saved millions)

Can't have it both ways, if you can do that, clubs can fire you without paying out your contract (see our example with Ndombele, if contracts weren't fixed, we would have fired him years ago and saved millions)

There would have to have a reason for dismissal. Asfar as I'm aware he turned up for training. Just wasn't very good or fit.

There would have to have a reason for dismissal. Asfar as I'm aware he turned up for training. Just wasn't very good or fit.

Performance is a reason in any line of work. This is why this is a slippery slope for players, failure to earn first team spot? put on improvement plan .. I get protections against salary cuts but do they really want the same rules as the rest of us fudges in the corporates world?

Performance is a reason in any line of work. This is why this is a slippery slope for players, failure to earn first team spot? put on improvement plan .. I get protections against salary cuts but do they really want the same rules as the rest of us fudges in the corporates world?

Seems this ruling is nothing new. It's just a rehash of the mutu case when he joined juventus after being kicked out by chelsea. Basically the club he joins isn't liable to compensate the other club. It's on the player.

Media just seem to be dramatising to sell the story.

Players have to come from somewhere.

Film studios don't train actors. Maybe internships like lawfirms or something.

Not going to happen though. Transfer fees are here to stay. This (as far as i can tell) was just about the player breaching his contract. But not being able to play for another club because fifas rules said the club that signed him would have to pay the €8.5m compensation he owed. Obviously blocking him from working again.

For me, this topic joins up with the news we got 10 months ago.

As a reminder......the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled in December 2023 that the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and FIFA violated European Union law by preventing the formation of the European Super League (ESL). The ECJ's ruling stated that UEFA and FIFA's rules were unlawful and that they abused their dominant position by restricting competition.

This all comes down to decision rights. What has happened over time is that FIFA and UEFA have stolen decision rights on areas that were not there's to own in the first place. They have over-empowered themselves and now we are seeing cases like these where football stakeholders are using a court of law to strike back at the governance bodies.

Today's news is yet another example of the untouchables at FIFA and UEFA getting another smack in the mouth. I'm all for it, until they strip those organisations bare and just leave them responsible for the 2 or 3 things only that add value to the football community.

Back