• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

Oi Chicken Badge - giving them home advantage is not goodwill. A goodwill gesture would be to shoot at the south stand in the first half.

I think by offering them a chance not to relive a recent nightmare would be considered an act of kindness?
I don't think they will ask to go straight to a replay at the Reebok, so it would be something we'd have to offer.
It would give their players and fans, as well as the family of Fabrice Muamba, a chance to focus on something and help them move on.
It would also be one of the most amazing occasions in football ever, and one I would be proud to see my club instigate.

And.... it would still be only a game of football. Which we could win.

It's only my personal preference. I think it would also help us, give our players something to use to come to terms on what's gone on. Limits our fixtures by one, as there would be no further replay. To be honest, given all the crap we have had this year, all the sodding bad luck in the year, I really don't care about giving another team an advantage over us for one game. I need TP for my bunghole I say.

Correct on both accounts for me. As posted earlier, right at this moment I'm not sure if we will go the rearranged match, still feel a pit in the stomach over it all.
I work with 3 Bolton fans one an ST,one a semi-regular and one an armchair fan. Will be interesting to hear their thoughts on all this tomorrow morning

Didnt go yesterday but have massive sympathy for all who were there. Hopefully, if his condition improves markedly, this will have a bearing on some going to the replay in better spirits.

Didnt go yesterday but have massive sympathy for all who were there. Hopefully, if his condition improves markedly, this will have a bearing on some going to the replay in better spirits.

I think you're right. I think its the uncertainty thats behind it all, can only imagine it must 10 times worse for the Bolton fans

What tosh!! people have heart attacks... Can't see at all why there would be a problem with Bolton playing the game.

peope do, yes

and the phycological effect on those around at the time (just like any event that causes great shock) is, quite reasonably, great and of course anyone back in that environment will have thoughts of what happened

tbh i am sure it will be hard for Spurs players and fans for the next game at the lane also - they have the advantage of being able to assoicate positivity to the evironment also thankfully

but to say it shouldnt be a problem shows a serious lack of understanding of human phycological reactions to traumatic incidents

my suggestion would be to hold the game at a neutral venue (maybe Villa Park) with the clubs paying for fan travel - but the final call must be Boltons and of course respected

a lot also depends on what happens over the next few days - if Muamba pulls through and becomes stable i will probably add a level of positivity and the game being played for him

Thought the only option is to replay at WHL from the start. Going to be a very sombre affair.

We also played Bolton after Sir Bill passed away and the atmosphere was so sombre then. This will be soo much worse. But heres hoping Fab gets better.

I personally think they will fight for him and it could turn around their EPL and FA cup season.

I think by offering them a chance not to relive a recent nightmare would be considered an act of kindness?
I don't think they will ask to go straight to a replay at the Reebok, so it would be something we'd have to offer.
It would give their players and fans, as well as the family of Fabrice Muamba, a chance to focus on something and help them move on.
It would also be one of the most amazing occasions in football ever, and one I would be proud to see my club instigate.

And.... it would still be only a game of football. Which we could win.

It's only my personal preference. I think it would also help us, give our players something to use to come to terms on what's gone on. Limits our fixtures by one, as there would be no further replay. To be honest, given all the crap we have had this year, all the sodding bad luck in the year, I really don't care about giving another team an advantage over us for one game. I need TP for my bunghole I say.

I think that is a fantastic idea. It would be remembered as one of he great sporting moments, in every sence of the term. I too would be proud beyond words if the club made such a gesture
For me I am beyond caring about the fa cup. Terrible moments like yesterday put sport back into perspective. It's only a game at the end of the day.

I dont understand the logic for the teams to be travelling to a neutral ground for the replay..

i think it could be an option if the players feel overwhelmed by being at WHL so soon (1.5 weeks is not a long time) after such trauma

but i think a lot depends on Muamba's condition over the next few days

The game will be replayed from scratch at WHL, no question. The FA cup is there to be won and neither team will pull out and Spurs certainly wont give up home advantage, and rightly so. Of course the game will be a sombre horrible affair, i cant see either team celebrating a goal scored, and the winning team certainly wont be euthoric at the final whistle. Expect hugs, not handshakes at the end between the players.

The game will be replayed from scratch at WHL, no question. The FA cup is there to be won and neither team will pull out and Spurs certainly wont give up home advantage, and rightly so. Of course the game will be a sombre horrible affair, i cant see either team celebrating a goal scored, and the winning team certainly wont be euthoric at the final whistle. Expect hugs, not handshakes at the end between the players.

I think that is absolutely bang on the money

I agree

We behaved impeccably. Did all we could to aid Muamba, supported him and the decision to abandon the game. We showed our class and (while they certainly have a lot more to worry about right now) I am sure Bolton are grateful for this.

What happens next? The game gets replayed, one team wins, life moves on.

I do not for one second understand why Bolton would forfeit the game.
Neither do I understand why we would allow the game to be played at a neutral venue.

It is was it is. Its a terrible terrible thing to have happened and I sincerely wish Muamba all the best - but we have done our part now and cant be making concessions.

Agreed...with a small caveat

I think the only reason I've heard that Bolton might forfeit is because players cannot face going back to the scene so soon after it happened. Personally, I think the game will be replayed a week from now (not next week!) once everyone knows how Muamba is and when there's been a little bit of time to settle/another game played, it can go on.

As much as I do not want a replay anywhere else than the Lane, I have to say that 'if' we were to make the gesture of playing the match at the Reebok, it would be another example of why this club is like no other club I know in British football; I think the way everyone behaved on Saturday was a testimony to the fact that we support a club who stand for something, and furthermore, we nearly always behave accordingly.

I hope you're right, this would be the appropriate way forward for everyone IMHO, well said that man...

I think it would be a good idea if the club were to donate the proceeds from the game to a charity such as the British Heart Foundation.

I agree with Nayim's sentiments, we behaved with class and dignity yesterday and I don't think we should offer to play the game somewhere else. As much is it would be a nice gesture on our part, it really wouldn't be fair on us if we had to play the game anywhere other than WHL.

It certainly wouldn't be fair on fans, who hired cars, flew in, arranged tickets etc to see a Quarter Final

There were around 34,000 yids, I assume at least 10,000 paid for the game over and above any existing season ticket package? Maybe double that.

Personally, I am looking forward to the game, and will likely join in with some of the Bolton fans chants...in a way, WHL will be a neutral venue for the night

The show must go on. My only thoughts, in regards to the replay, are that it must be replayed at the lane.

It certainly wouldn't be fair on fans, who hired cars, flew in, arranged tickets etc to see a Quarter Final

There were around 34,000 yids, I assume at least 10,000 paid for the game over and above any existing season ticket package? Maybe double that.

Personally, I am looking forward to the game, and will likely join in with some of the Bolton fans chants...in a way, WHL will be a neutral venue for the night

I like the sound of that.

The more I read posts like this, the more it makes me think we reconsider going to the rearranged tie

I don't see what all the debate is about. It's very simple really, effectively the match never took place and is still to be played at WHL. I highly doubt Bolton would forfeit. They'll want to win as much as we will.

Distraught Bolton may be forced to withdraw from FA Cup

Published 22:30 18/03/12 By Alan Nixon

Bolton Wanderers are ready to pull out of the FA Cup because of the Fabrice Muamba tragedy.

The Premier League has postponed tomorrowÔÇÖs trip to Aston Villa because of the distress of BoltonÔÇÖs players and management.

Boss Owen Coyle, who was with Muamba from the moment he collapsed and during his hospital fight for life, had told his chairman Phil Gartside that he did not want the Villa game to go ahead.

BoltonÔÇÖs players are too distraught to think about football just now while the senior officials try to work out what happens next.

It is also likely that Wanderers will pull out of the FA Cup rather than face a re-match with Tottenham at the spot of the harrowing incident.

The game would be played a week tomorrow, but the top figures at the Reebok fear that the psychological effect of a return would be too much for their team.

One leading source said: ÔÇ£This is a group of young men, just kids really. How could they cope with going back to Spurs and going through it all again?ÔÇØ

Tottenham would be given a bye into the semi-final against Chelseaas a result, but Bolton would not face a penalty if they go down that road.

BoltonÔÇÖs relegation six-pointer with rivals Blackburn Rovers, due to be played on Saturday, will also be under review - with a decision on that game due shortly.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ed-to-withdraw-from-FA-Cup-article880357.html

Back