• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your entitled to your opinion...However Ghaly was a bloody good footballer and evidence of that can still be seen on those compilations with
Berbs and how well he linked up with him!

I liked Ghaly; thought he was underrated and always gave 100%. The hysteria over the shirt thing was utterly remarkable.

There have been loads of Spurs players who have left the club and gone on to have decent careers elsewhere.

I personally don't have a single problem with players leaving the club. Berbs left and doubled his money and won trophies.

We made a massive profit on him. It was not his fault that our then DOF fudged up about his replacement.

The key here is define decent career. My caveat is that we haven't offloaded many players, because we didn't want them anymore, that went on to have gone on to prove us wrong or in other words....gone on to have careers at clubs better than us or at least on par with us.

Boateng has been listed which is a fair shout in recent years.

Don't agree with Kanoute, but that was because I liked him at Spurs. He left more because of a falling out with the Management than being let go due to lack of ability IMO.

It all went sour for him with the fans,,,remember!

He simply was not given the chance..so your wrong old pal..

And what about that game in the FA Cup at stamford bridge...he simply tore them apart ..2-0 after ten minutes or so..

I cant remember how we bundled the rest of that game! ..but do remeber defoe missing what should have been the winner a couple of minutes
from time.
Never could be a big match winner defoe...

anyway Ghaly could have been a key player for us..IMO. so lets agree to differ....

You take one game as an example? The fact is Ghaly didn't exactly go on to have a glittering career after he left us.

The constant pining for him on this forum is amusing. What's it been now, 5 years? It's like still adoring and wishing for an ex girlfriend to come back who wants nothing to do with you.

Ghaly would always go for the killer ball, 50 times per game.

It would come off once and a few people would say "ooh, Egyptian Zidane".

But 95% of people were saying "about time too son, how about the other 49 times you gave the ball away?"

PS - Defoe would miss the killer chance :D

The constant pining for him on this forum is amusing. What's it been now, 5 years? It's like still adoring and wishing for an ex girlfriend to come back who wants nothing to do with you.

dunno about you but if i was going through a bit of a dry spell id jump at the chance of a quick fling with a previous 'best sex i ever had' girlfriend no matter how hard she let me go first time around :lol:

Where has this notion about development come from? A computer game? What nonsense. Players are good enough, or they aren't. And normally if they're good enough for top Premiership level they have such ability it is obvious before they even break into the first team as teenagers.

Do you want to tell me Gareth Bale has not developed as a footballer? Do you want to tell me the tall skinny lad that joined us at 17 is anything like the world class monster we have on our hands at the moment. Do you really want to state on here that Gareth Bale did not develop as a footballer? Or maybe I have just misunderstood what you meant about development? You might have predicted he was going to be a good premiership player but did you really think he would be truly world class?

I would have taken him back at any point after he left us, sublime player. Who cares what he did to the club? He embodies Tottenham in his actions and genius on the field. In this day of mercenaries we cannot expect any player to be loyal to our club, all we can hope for is that they fit with our footballing history and aren't complete scum on the pitch.

However, with Ade and Soldado we would have little use for him, unless we were to sell Ade but I think that would be rather pointless. Then again, he would be a massive upgrade on Defoe!

I would have taken him back at any point after he left us, sublime player. Who cares what he did to the club? He embodies Tottenham in his actions and genius on the field. In this day of mercenaries we cannot expect any player to be loyal to our club, all we can hope for is that they fit with our footballing history and aren't complete scum on the pitch.

However, with Ade and Soldado we would have little use for him, unless we were to sell Ade but I think that would be rather pointless. Then again, he would be a massive upgrade on Defoe!

I guess refusing to play isn't being scum on the pitch.. You'd actually have to get on the pitch for that..

I guess refusing to play isn't being scum on the pitch.. You'd actually have to get on the pitch for that..
To force through a move... he was being a mercenary. This is fairly commonplace today. As much as people don't want to accept it, that is how it is, and if a player is too big for a club he has the power to get his move. He isn't going to do that again, and if he joined us it would soon be the club being disloyal to him rather than vice versa.

To force through a move... he was being a mercenary. This is fairly commonplace today. As much as people don't want to accept it, that is how it is, and if a player is too big for a club he has the power to get his move. He isn't going to do that again, and if he joined us it would soon be the club being disloyal to him rather than vice versa.

Refusing to play in competitive fixtures is commonplace? It's really not. It's rare. Also even if it were commonplace that doesn't suddenly make it right. Just because a lot of people do something doesn't suddenly make it right.

It's the move of a c*nt. A player signs a contract and he should have to live with the terms of that contract. Nobody forced him to sign it, he chose to sign it.

As per that contract he is well within his rights to ask for a move by submitting a transfer request.

Probably the most important point against resigning him...

Well if it was true it would be yes. But can you tell me why Berbatov wouldnt fit in AVBs setup? He has absoltely everything bar raw pace, so what exactly is it about AVBs setup that would mean Berbatov wouldnt work as the focal point in our attack?

Well if it was true it would be yes. But can you tell me why Berbatov wouldnt fit in AVBs setup? He has absoltely everything bar raw pace, so what exactly is it about AVBs setup that would mean Berbatov wouldnt work as the focal point in our attack?

I think that AVB looks for the following in a striker: mindset, attitude, work ethic, willingness to run the line/work the defence, athleticism, flexibility. None of these are amongst Berbatov's strengths.

Berbs could play and excel in any system, he's one of (if not the) smartest footballers in the PL, i'd have him back in a heartbeat myself.

Last edited:
Berbs could play and excel in any system, he's one of (if not the) smartest footballer in the PL, i'd have him back in a heartbeat myself.

Not if he is expected to run his gonads off he can't. Berbatov is a fantastic player but if the ball isn't played to feet, he isn't interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back