• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Regarding AVB i was never scared about our ability to pick up points away from home playing the way we have done so far. i said after the draw vs norwich that our system will be very effective away but the Lane we're going to struggle unless he changes it. My opinion, as i've said before is we can not continue doing this non stop pressing game at the Lane and it was obvious in the second half vs QPR that the players were told to back off a bit. Great win today and hopefully we keep this going.

as for AVB himself he's done a lot of things that i'm happy about.

i can't imagine that someone in their position would air that sort of thing to the public , if it's legit then fair enough, but im skeptical at the moment

well not so much the message but the fact they say it is Tim Sherwood who has said it

That's Keys official twitter account isn't it?

i don't know, i don't use twitter or know much about it - looks like it is though

but still i find it very strange that they would out their 'source' in this instance, unless they have a particular dislike for him and want to stitch him up. surely they know posting that message would land him in a lot of trouble

i don't know, i don't use twitter or know much about it - looks like it is though

but still i find it very strange that they would out their 'source' in this instance, unless they have a particular dislike for him and want to stitch him up. surely they know posting that message would land him in a lot of trouble

Yeh something has obviously happened between them and sherwood but can't say i care much. All i care about is them airing out that utter weasel. He's always been a weasel and even though i'm a big Levy fan i never got why he rated that weasel so highly. Now hopefully he'll be off.

Yeh something has obviously happened between them and sherwood but can't say i care much. All i care about is them airing out that utter weasel. He's always been a weasel and even though i'm a big Levy fan i never got why he rated that weasel so highly. Now hopefully he'll be off.

AVB >>>>> Sherwood.

Scientific fact.

Funny always thought Sherwood was some footballing "GHod" on this board. Hated him ever since he undermined Hoddle when he was manager (in much the same way as he is allegedly doing to AVB). Slagged off Jol too. Hope he goes to Blackburn, should fit in well with the Venky's.

[video=youtube;wwepkCk7Izs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwepkCk7Izs[/video]

Its starts to get interesting at the end then cuts off

Love it.

paraphrasing: Do you plan to have talks with him (Lloris)? AVB: I talk to him every day. That's what you do at training sessions.

Just saw a video when avb got sacked at chavs, souness and neville were talking - they thought he did far too many interviews and was too open, on top of the crap of dealing with the senior footy players.

I think with us he fits right in, but he'll have to make some friends with some of the press, otherwise he'll be under the cosh all over again. He's a quick learner, I think he needs to show he's nobody's mug

Looks like the source of this has been exposed. A parting shot from Tim Deadwood:

Richard Keys ‏@tSKeysandGray
"Tim Sherwood told us today Spurs were tired - over trained -and unhappy with AVB. Doesn't look like that to me"

follow up
Richard Keys ‏@tSKeysandGray

Just re read The Sun's back page. I did Tim a dis-service - those comments were not his. What was The Sun's agenda though?
Expand

Keys is no fan of Harry Redknapp thats for sure

Re: Faith, love & hope

Happier indeed, but not getting carried away I've been a Spurs supporter to long to count my chickens. I really like AVB's singlemindedness when it comes to not giving a brick what other people think - where I thought it was a weakness before, now I think it will give us a siege mentality. Still early days but for one thing AVB seems to have got Defoe playing in a much more intelligent way.

It is still early days, agreed, and plenty can happen, but my general point was that hopefully people can get on with supporting now...

I've been in a lot of the AVB threads and cant name anyone in that category. Who are you referring to ?

And wrt to the opening post, everyone is on the same vehicle and always has been. But after each match we discuss the performance of that day, so if we're bad and the manager makes mistakes - no harm in saying so. We've now had some really promising signs in the last few games and thats been noted by everyone as well.

However I wouldn't say after the last 3 games AVB has proven himself. Just as after 3 games he wasnt a proven failure. We had a shocking start to the season performance wise and then some really good positive play in the last 2 away games that is starting to balance it out. QPR was quite bad but that was after a midweek Europe game, so winning when playing brick is always a good sign.

And the really good thing about today, AVB might just be a lucky manager. Compare it to a few years ago losing 5-2 when every decision went against us and every shot flew in, today we got away with a pen and they missed some sitters. About bloody time we had that luck.

However you need to climb onboard my friend...yes, it's OK, you can scramble awkwardly through the emergency exit, it doesn't matter, there's room for everyone! COYS!!!
:lol:\o/

i don't understand - one message they clearly say Sherwood said xy and z then the next message they are denying that is what he said ??

If that's true from Sherwood, what an absolute prick he is. He should be fined for that.

Back