• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

If Nagelsmann is a no now and we can't get Brendan Rodgers (my 2nd choice) would anyone baulk at Bielsa for a few years, wouldn't cost us any compensation to prise from Leeds as I think he only works on 1 years contracts so his contract is up. Short term appointment yes but plays great possession/attacking football. Would he win anything? no idea but I think we'd be a fantastic watch. If Harry sticks around I could see a Bielsa team creating so many chances for him...

we need 3-4 year rebuild, can't be Bielsa.

It surprises me why the bookies have Sarri at such low odds, and Potter at such long odds?

I cant believe that Levy would go to Sarri after Mourinho...and even if he was going to do so, Sarri would have arrived before the cup final given he's free now

On Potter, I wonder whether he's under the radar with Parker getting more headlines for no reason other than he's former Spurs player, and despite him being significantly less experienced than Potter

It surprises me why the bookies have Sarri at such low odds, and Potter at such long odds?

I cant believe that Levy would go to Sarri after Mourinho...and even if he was going to do so, Sarri would have arrived before the cup final given he's free now

On Potter, I wonder whether he's under the radar with Parker getting more headlines for no reason other than he's former Spurs player, and despite him being significantly less experienced than Potter

Odds are based on how people are betting more than anything

I'm stunned people really would consider Bielsa, the guy is a naïve believer that is 65 that has never achieved anything outside of Argentina other than being entertaining.

The Italian media seem to be pushing Sarri for their domestic consumption. I'm not sure it has an legs whatsoever.

Odds are based on how people are betting more than anything

I'm stunned people really would consider Bielsa, the guy is a naïve believer that is 65 that has never achieved anything outside of Argentina other than being entertaining.

Only because if we don't get Nagelsmann (looks already gone) or Rodgers is there a decent alternative at this time? Beisla, yes a short term appointment but would quickly get us our 'identity' back that's - let's be honest - been totally stripped away under Jose!! I maybe in the minority but I still think we have a good squad (at least top 6). I'm not getting to inspired by the other choices tbh, Potter, Parker, Sarri!!

I think Rodgers is already a done deal, it's why he was arse licking us in an interview at the weekend.

What interview? Arse-licking who?

I think he'd be mad to come to us personally and i think he'd probably get more backing to shape the team how he wants at Leicester (unless things are about to go belly-up financially there)

I am afraid whoever we get ( i have no idea who) he is going to have a massive job on his hands. Keep reading that we only need a couple of players to make us compete again but we need much more then that. On top of that he will have to put up with idiots slagging him off if/when it goes wrong ( s ome of the abuse Mason is getting on social media just shows how thick football fans are in todays game).

We have so many players who for whatever reason are not doing their job and until we replace them whoever comes in will struggle.

I now await to hear the crys we do not need a massive overall just one or two players.

Not great that there's lots that most of us wouldnt want:

Sarri
Parker
Howe
Southgate
Benitez

Granted Rodgers divides opinion too (though I'd like him).

Big decision for Levy ahead....very big....

I think he'd be mad to come to us personally and i think he'd probably get more backing to shape the team how he wants at Leicester (unless things are about to go belly-up financially there)

There's only a certain distance which you can take a team like Leicester surely though isnt there? I mean, he's probably taken them to a top 4 finish - are they realistically going to win the league again? Or win the CL?
Or even stay in the top 4 again once Liverpool get themselves sorted out, hopefully we become a stronger challenger, Vardy retires (he's 34),...?

We certainly have a higher ceiling than Leicester and, in the opposite way to it being harder to see Leicester going much higher than they are, he'd be coming to Spurs when our star has fallen a lot so easier to show an improvement

I am afraid whoever we get ( i have no idea who) he is going to have a massive job on his hands. Keep reading that we only need a couple of players to make us compete again but we need much more then that. On top of that he will have to put up with idiots slagging him off if/when it goes wrong ( s ome of the abuse Mason is getting on social media just shows how thick football fans are in todays game).

We have so many players who for whatever reason are not doing their job and until we replace them whoever comes in will struggle.

I now await to hear the crys we do not need a massive overall just one or two players.

My thoughts exactly (except that I think some fans were pretty thick too a couple of decades ago but they didn't have social media to vent their feelings). I just hope that whoever gets the job will be given some time but the expectations seem as unrealistic as ever (from my point of view, of course). We'll be lucky if we're in a position to grab a Top4 spot a year from now.

Back