• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

We started nervously, but finished very strongly. If we can keep that kind of pressure up, we will get a goal surely, unless it's it's just one of those days. We need to be wary of them catching us on the break though. Punished for not keeping cool enough heads and giving away free kicks unnecessarily.

And how much of the game have we missed because they're showing Conte or bloody replays?

Or Jamie's in depth fudging analysis whilst we take a free kick in their half? Awful.

I hate it when people laud teams for sitting back and playing on the break.

For a small team maybe. But Chelsea for all their millions basically playing like Burnley.

How we are not at least level I don't know. This is just like the semi game. We bossed them, had the pressure but they get goals out of nothing.

We have to match them in midfield with the three or they will swamp us.

So it's down to the full backs to make the difference.

Well didn't that go to script? Oh how I despise these clams, that golly wog haired clown especially. Cheat$ki get their normal goal from a soft free kick, whilst constantly fouling our players and disrupting our flow. Meanwhile Kane hits the wood work again. Looking for a change of fortune in the second half.

Nothing could be done about the goal - no tactical errors, the foul was marginal (but probably the right call), the wall did its job, more or less, and Lloris could do nothing about the strike.

But, for the first 35-odd minutes, we looked off-the-pace in midfield - we were doing alright at the back, and Kane was soldiering away up front, but we lost too many challenges in midfield, and stray passes at the halfway line led to a lot of turnovers that could have been avoided.

We turned that around in the last ten minutes - it's been a constant siege on Chelsea's goal, because we've shifted the ball into Chelsea's half, and (far more importantly) *kept it there* - Alli getting away from his immediate marker three times opened up space as Chelsea backpedalled, and led to three periods of intense pressure as the ball stayed in their half.

We need to keep on doing that constantly in the second half - find the movements that allow us to compete for the ball in their half, not at the halfway line - because it's a battle we're winning, whenever it flares up. If we do that, we should get a goal. If the ball ends up back at halfway, then we seem to be uncertain of our pressing cues, or linkups, or something, because we drop off and make mistakes in possession quite a bit.

Oh, and make sure Kane passes when he has the ball - this is August, and the pact he made with Satan means that the physical laws of the universe will deny him a f*cking goal in August.

Game is crying out for Son or at least Winks instead of Dier and Wanyama.

We are going sideways a lot of the time because neither Dembele, Dier or Wanyama can play the ball forward effectively against a packed defence.

Either give them something more to aim at in Son or put on a better passer in Winks.

It's not over yet.

Frustrated and Wanyama seems off the pace.

Would be painful to lose this but Conte has set his side up well.

Nothing could be done about the goal - no tactical errors, the foul was marginal (but probably the right call), the wall did its job, more or less, and Lloris could do nothing about the strike.

But, for the first 35-odd minutes, we looked off-the-pace in midfield - we were doing alright at the back, and Kane was soldiering away up front, but we lost too many challenges in midfield, and stray passes at the halfway line led to a lot of turnovers that could have been avoided.

We turned that around in the last ten minutes - it's been a constant siege on Chelsea's goal, because we've shifted the ball into Chelsea's half, and (far more importantly) *kept it there* - Alli getting away from his immediate marker three times opened up space as Chelsea backpedalled, and led to three periods of intense pressure as the ball stayed in their half.

We need to keep on doing that constantly in the second half - find the movements that allow us to compete for the ball in their half, not at the halfway line - because it's a battle we're winning, whenever it flares up. If we do that, we should get a goal. If the ball ends up back at halfway, then we seem to be uncertain of our pressing cues, or linkups, or something, because we drop off and make mistakes in possession quite a bit.

Oh, and make sure Kane passes when he has the ball - this is August, and the pact he made with Satan means that the physical laws of the universe will deny him a f*cking goal in August.

Agreed with everything there. We are well in this though. Wanyama does look a yard off.

Will be interesting to see if Chelsea stick with this for the second half. If they do, I'm sure Poch will implement something to challenge it. Dier operating more as a midfielder and Winks in for Wanyama maybe.

The line-up is as I would have picked however would bring Son on for Dier before too long. Don't think we need the back 3 and need to pressure their back 3

This is where greater depth in the squad would really help. Bringing on Sissoko or Janssen would be done more out of hope than any expectation that it would change things. Means the only real options are Winks or Son - both good options, but having another two wouldn't go amiss...

You say that but had Lloris not taken up a position nearer to the far post he might just have gotten to it.

And Dubai,I know you will try to argue with me until you are blue in the face but I'm not going to respond, that is my opinion and I intend to leave it there

Back