• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Round of 16 - Fixtures in 1st Post

does anyone else think the pundits are being a bit harsh on di maria? yes he was a bit poor on the ball today, but the guy never gave up. he was constantly getting involved and showed tremdous desire.

Don't think Argentina will win this WC. No real attacking game, relying to much on Messi and Di Maria.

A bit lucky today in a boring game as well.

Agreed. They look as clueless as Spurs did most of last season when going forward. Still , I don't think any of the teams that are through to the quarter finals have been outstanding yet, perhaps except Colombia, which have looked solid. I can't see them winning it though. I'm still hoping for Argentina, but it's not looking very likely.

Looking forward to Belgium vs USA now. USA have been good in the two matches I've seen them, Belgium haven't really impressed. I still think Belgium will edge it though.

Wasnt able to see the first game today

Can anyone tell me, how Fabian Schar played today?

Have a feeling he might be on our list regarding a new central defender

one of the commentators mentioned a stat that 9 out of 10 of world cup teams that have won after extra time/penalties have gone out in the next round.. anyone hear/remember/verify that fact?

thinking of putting a fiver on brazil, argentina and germany all to go out in the quarters.

Witsel looks like he's wearing a bad Fellaini wig on the bbc intro. Mind you, so does Fellaini.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Beeb...
BBC America's Aleem Maqbool in Chicago: "During this World Cup, Chicago has already seen crowds estimated to be more than 20,000 to watch on big screens outdoors.
"For the knockout stage, a screen as been put up at Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, and with it have come American Football traditions. Ahead of the match, hundreds are 'tail-gating'; parking their cars, starting up barbecues, drinking and playing football in the car park.
"Thousands have been queuing for hours to get inside the stadium, most adorned with the stars and stripes. The chants of "We believe that we will win" and "USA, USA" keep going up.
"There are huge amounts of optimism here, and it has been building throughout the tournament. Fans here are adamant their team, whose players have become huge stars, can win and have the calibre and coaching to go much further."

I like both teams and think Belgium would give those ****s a better game in the QFs than USA would but MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURICA FOR ME WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

GO 'MURICA!!!

Bre8-nkCMAAKvNy.jpg

one of the commentators mentioned a stat that 9 out of 10 of world cup teams that have won after extra time/penalties have gone out in the next round.. anyone hear/remember/verify that fact?

thinking of putting a fiver on brazil, argentina and germany all to go out in the quarters.

I think Germany will go through, but won't be very surprised if the other two go out. Brazil vs Colombia could be a cracking game!

Based on the tournament so far, I'd say Germany are huge favourites to win it for me. Solid unit, with quite a few big names performing well - yes they were struggling last night, but apart from finishing their overall performance was good even then.

A lot could happen still though, I'm sure there's room for a few more surprises in this WC!

Back