• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

I can see the fun vacuum created by Pulisball vs Leicesterball sucking the known universe in on itself and causing spacetime to no longer exist.

It will essentially be 9 defenders on each side lumping the ball to each other's keepers with Vardy and Rondon knocking the brick out of each other in the centre circle.

I am surprised at how poor west brom have been at times this season, Pulis has always been better defensively than this in the past. Still violent long ball rubbish though

Norway played similar football in the 90's and we ended up 2nd in the FIFA ranking. Never came close to winning anything though and the fans eventually grew sick of being so defensive.

Just had the Mayor of Leicester (or someone) on H & J on Talksport talking about naming a street after Vardy. WTF

A proven rascist FFS and in a town with a large asian population. What an insult

How is it some things get forgotten or swept under the carpet.

Norway played similar football in the 90's and we ended up 2nd in the FIFA ranking. Never came close to winning anything though and the fans eventually grew sick of being so defensive.

We also (reportedly) purposefully tried to climb the FIFA rankings by looking for the best friendlies for that purpose as the FIFA rankings influenced qualifier draws iirc.

We didn't grow tired of being so defensive. We grew tired of then not being very good and defensive.

Just had the Mayor of Leicester (or someone) on H & J on Talksport talking about naming a street after Vardy. WTF

A proven rascist FFS and in a town with a large asian population. What an insult

How is it some things get forgotten or swept under the carpet.

Doesn't fit the narrative the journalists thinks sells papers and gets clicks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/29/premier-league-talking-points

3) Norwich discover a blueprint for handling Leicester

For the best part of 89 minutes Norwich’s gameplan worked to perfection against Leicester and may provide a blueprint for other clubs to follow between now and the end of the season, particularly at the King Power Stadium, where the Premier League leaders still have to play West brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea and Everton. Norwich deployed a three-man central defence, with Russell Martin almost playing as a sweeper, sat deep and in effect asked Leicester to try to break them down without being able to get in behind. “I look at how other teams set up against certain opposition and the only team who has played that way against them has been Manchester United,” Alex Neil, Norwich’s manager said, referring to their three-man defence. “I watched that game – it was 1-1 but Man United should have won. I looked at that and thought we could deploy that and it would help us.”

Leicester enjoyed 59% possession against Norwich – remarkably it was only the third time this season that they have had more of the ball than their opponents – yet they registered only three shots on target, the first after 58 minutes and the last when Leonardo Ulloa tapped in a dramatic late winner. Unable to break with alacrity and play on the counterattack, Leicester’s threat was nullified for long periods. There was no space for Jamie Vardy to exploit behind the Norwich defence, which was compounded by the fact that Riyad Mahrez and Marc Albrighton failed to make the best use of the ball in wide areas, until the latter finally found his range with the cross that Ulloa converted in the 89th minute. The good news for Leicester is that they still managed to find a way to win the game, largely thanks to Ranieri’s tactical gamble late on. The bad news is that they could come up against these tactics again and will need to be more adept at finding a way through. Stuart James

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/29/premier-league-talking-points

3) Norwich discover a blueprint for handling Leicester

For the best part of 89 minutes Norwich’s gameplan worked to perfection against Leicester and may provide a blueprint for other clubs to follow between now and the end of the season, particularly at the King Power Stadium, where the Premier League leaders still have to play West brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea and Everton. Norwich deployed a three-man central defence, with Russell Martin almost playing as a sweeper, sat deep and in effect asked Leicester to try to break them down without being able to get in behind. “I look at how other teams set up against certain opposition and the only team who has played that way against them has been Manchester United,” Alex Neil, Norwich’s manager said, referring to their three-man defence. “I watched that game – it was 1-1 but Man United should have won. I looked at that and thought we could deploy that and it would help us.”

Leicester enjoyed 59% possession against Norwich – remarkably it was only the third time this season that they have had more of the ball than their opponents – yet they registered only three shots on target, the first after 58 minutes and the last when Leonardo Ulloa tapped in a dramatic late winner. Unable to break with alacrity and play on the counterattack, Leicester’s threat was nullified for long periods. There was no space for Jamie Vardy to exploit behind the Norwich defence, which was compounded by the fact that Riyad Mahrez and Marc Albrighton failed to make the best use of the ball in wide areas, until the latter finally found his range with the cross that Ulloa converted in the 89th minute. The good news for Leicester is that they still managed to find a way to win the game, largely thanks to Ranieri’s tactical gamble late on. The bad news is that they could come up against these tactics again and will need to be more adept at finding a way through. Stuart James

About time... Hardly rocket science. I can't believe it took until Feb/March for teams to notice

Hilarious how quickly they have jumped on the band wagon of perennial relegation rival West Ham tonight.

Norway played nothing like Pulis does!! They used the long ball vs organised defence. Otherwise they tried to win the ball and counter with pace and many players. Not even remotely close to how Pulis sets up his teams.

Kante being out, was the turning point.

Performance wise Leicester were much better against WBA than against Norwich. Perhaps WBA are just much worse than Norwich at the moment, but I kind of doubt it.

Was actually more impressed by Leicester against WBA than I've been with them in plenty of games this season. They thoroughly deserved the win and was a much better footballing side than WBA on the night.

Not that didn't deserve to have some margins go against them of course...

One Leicester fan cashed out his £250k bet for £70k just hours before their win over Watford. Not bad on a £50 stake.

One Leicester fan cashed out his £250k bet for £70k just hours before their win over Watford. Not bad on a £50 stake.
Strange one really, as everyone seems to think they are going to walk it, the guy who took a punt on them winning it when no one else thought they had an earthly decides the probability is they aren't going to win it. If you see what I mean;)

If we are being very honest no one knows how Leicester have done what they have done, especially Ranieri.

If we are being very honest no one knows how Leicester have done what they have done, especially Ranieri.
In a sport where the winning margin is usually only one goal, the effect of chance and randomness is huge. People really underestimate that when looking at football.

Back